ever leave anything at wdw resort at get it back safely?

lynetteSC

Have you ever been BACK-DOORED?
Hi! Just back this past Sunday from Stay at AKL Concierge and ASMU. Trip was great. Upon arrival home, we realized we had left our laundry bag (with LOTS of new WDW apparel inside) in the parking lot at ASMu!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Quickly called the hotel and finally spoke with manager yesterday who seemed more sympathetic than anyone else we have spoken to, but still says noone has turned anything in. :( :( :( :( :(
Anyone have any ideas?!?!?

Also, has anyone been able to purchase the shirts or wdw merchandise once you leave the parks? I would like to atleast be able to repurchase the shirts we lost.

Thanks guy!

p.s. if anyone has any ?'s about AKL or ASMu let me know!!!

Yes, my husband left one of his prized baseball hats at WL last year. He realized it about 3 days after we got home. He called guest relations at the resort, and they had it. It was sent back to us within 3 days at their expense.

Good luck, I hope they have your laundry bag, and you get it back safely!

We left my daughter's bathing suit at the All Star Music once and they sent it back to us. Also, we left a pillow at Coronado Springs once and they sent it back.:)

We dropped a hat between our room and the car at the All Star Music once and called about that, and did not get it back. The cast never found it.:(

Good Luck!:)

After getting in our room at the Contemporary and unpacking last June, I found a beautiful scarf (from AK) and 2 new Disney shirts (still with tag on it) still in the drawers. My husband took it to the front desk.

When he returned, I asked him if they ask the room number as to where it was found. He said they did not ask him anything. I was disappointed that the people before us might not ever get there items returned and the hotel didn't ask for information.

I hope that all of your items are returned to you. Good luck!

You can call WDW merchandising and order the shirts. I forgot to buy a gift for someone and when I got home I called WDW Merchandising and they sent the package within 2 weeks. I don't have the phone number with me but you can do a search, I know there was a thread about this a few months ago.

While staying at the BWV...lost 2 keys....when we arrived at home a postcard from lost and found arrived shortly.I phoned and they mailed them back ...... also prized hat of DH lost on Splash Mt....it was returned, but not the DVC pin that was attached......TAKE OFF YOUR HATS...turning then around does no good esp. if you're in the front row

yes, our CAR KEYS! they were mailed back to us. fortunately we had a spare pair. :rolleyes:

We have had bad luck and we have had good luck. One year at the Poly, when my oldest was 9, he left a wallet with $65 at the arcade. Some little boy found it, brought it back to the room and the parents returned it to the front desk. One year while we were swimming at River Country, someone stole my other son's sneakers! We never saw them again. Glad we took a second pair. Another year, our airline tickets were stolen out of our room and we never saw them again but that evolves into a long story.

Just this April I left my wallet in a drawer at AKL(I know what was i thinking) I did remember all of my dd clothes that were in the drawer. We went to Daytona when we left Disney and I Only had my CC and Bank cards no cash.........so I just thought that I had put it somewhere else another bag oH it'll show up when we get home.. I know what was I thinking!!!!!!!!!

Well anyway as soon as I got home I started digging through all of our bags and it was no where. So I called AKL and they said that they had found it and just waiting to verify my info to get it sent out............boy was I happy.:D They sent it back at their expense. I bet you can't do that anywhere but Disney.

Hope:rolleyes:

What I meant to say was that my wallet had my CC and bank card my DH had all the cash,Thank goodness in his wallet.:D

We left a big Disney bag (big plastic one with handles) on an Airport shuttle bus after dropping off a rental car (Hertz) full of WDW souvenirs worth $200. We called them from the airport before leaving, and they had it . They returned the bag to the front of the airport where we waited. I was amazed we got it back (fast), nothing missing. I know this isn't a Resort story but thought I would give the Hertz driver some well deserved credit and tell my story. My husband gave him a $20 and we could not of thanked him enough.

RobinLyn :)

You still may get your things! Give it some time. A few years ago, my DD left an expensive pair of Nike running shoes by the pool. We were home several days before she realized she didn't have them, nor did she remember where she left them.:eek:

We called the YC, gave a complete description, but just figured that was the end of those shoes. About 3 weeks later, we received a call from the YC that they found the Nike's and were shipping them home, free of charge. We got them a few days later, in great condition. There is a process they go through of matching missing items to their owners, and it is time consuming. Keep the faith, you could still get them.

To this day we joke that DD's shoes were on vacation at the YC longer than we were!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks guys! I just can't believe we drove off without the bag!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Atleast, there were no credit cards/ids/etc in the bag. I will call tommorow and see if I can reorder the shirts! I still have most of the receipts, so that should make life easy for the order people!

We just returned today and my ds left his Genie Bean Bag (you know from Aladdin) in our first room, we have called everyday and they said that it was not found. My niece knows EXACTLY where she left it (tucked inside the day bed, where most likely it slipped down underneath) they told us they sent lost and found to look for it and it was not in the room (once again we told them that most likely or likely it was under the daybed in the back) which meant they would have had to take the daybed mattress off and look under it (which they didn't) but no luck as of yet. They offered to send me over to the guy who's room it was now and ask him myself if he would let us look (as if) but I declined. So, I will call everyday (my son is so sad without him, he keeps asking) and if they don't find it, well I just found a new one on Ebay (lol) and will just tell the little guy Mickey sent it back!

Well, I hope you get your stuff back, really. The stories here seem pretty inspirational to me, so keep the faith!

Our first trip, DH left his wallet in the CSR wall safe.
Luckily we had a mid afternoon flight and he realized it while we were hitting MGM before leaving. (He just had to go on RnRC one more time. ;) )
We called CSR and were able to get it back before leaving.

Last year we left our Splash Mountain photo in the room and, of course, didn't realize it till the day after we returned home when I unpacked. I called and gave them our name and room number and they said they would look in the room as the photo was not in Lost & Found as we spoke. I'm not sure exactly how long it was, probably within 10 days, we were pleasantly surprised when it arrived in the mail.

In Dec. I left my jewelry in the open safe at the Poly concierge. I called when we got home(2 days later) and they had it. They shipped it to me and I got it the next day. Thank goodness.

My DS left his tiny teddy on the new dumbo style ride in AK in Feb, and realised it almost immediately, we went back but it wasnt to be seen, we were moving on to Clearwater that day for a week and then flying back to Scotland.
The day before we flew I phoned lost property and they had found it!
We didnt tell Iain why we were driving to MK entrance on our way to the airport in case it wasnt the right bear, but it was and they had even tied a new ribbon around his neck.
One very happy boy flew back to Scotland that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter