Ever have one of those times when...

EllenFrasier

DIS Veteran
http://youtu.be/EPrSVkTRb24 is your theme song??? OMG - I really want to quit my job right now. Nothing is going right and I feel taken advantage of at every turn, but of course my husband says we need the paycheck. I know he's probably right but Lord it's getting harder and harder to hold my tongue.:sad2:

http://youtu.be/EPrSVkTRb24 is your theme song??? OMG - I really want to quit my job right now. Nothing is going right and I feel taken advantage of at every turn, but of course my husband says we need the paycheck. I know he's probably right but Lord it's getting harder and harder to hold my tongue.:sad2:

:woohoo:Just did this a few weeks ago! Overworked, underpaid, worked with slackers and mean people. Enough was enough...Have been having the best sleep since the day I did not have to go in the office! My new job....the gym and housework...for now anyway. The right job will come along. Love my hubby :hug: for allowing me this time.
Barb

Years ago I did quit my job over a similar environment. It took me years to work up the courage to do it, though! I totally sympathize with you.

If you are unhappy in your current company then start buffing up your resume and start working your network of contacts. Don't just quit unprepared, but start searching for a better fitting career that will get you out of your current company.

I understand...kind of. My husband is treated like crap at his job and he has been there 21 years(and only makes 48k a year)! I keep telling him to work on his resume and look for a new job but he is afraid to since he's been there so long. Everyone around him makes more than him, even though he has more knowledge and can do all of their jobs but they do not know how to do his. The boss tells him how important he is to the company but they don't act like he is. The past 3 years have been getting worse and worse every year. Especially since our health insurance keeps going up and the benefits keep decreasing and they will only give him a 2% cost of living raise to him which doesn't even cover the insurance increase :scared1: We almost qualify for food stamps. I jokingly told him to ask for a rate decrease so we can qualify, as we are barely getting by. He's afraid of changing jobs, but is so stressed out now that it's very hard on our family. :guilty:

I understand...kind of. My husband is treated like crap at his job and he has been there 21 years(and only makes 48k a year)! I keep telling him to work on his resume and look for a new job but he is afraid to since he's been there so long. Everyone around him makes more than him, even though he has more knowledge and can do all of their jobs but they do not know how to do his. The boss tells him how important he is to the company but they don't act like he is. The past 3 years have been getting worse and worse every year. Especially since our health insurance keeps going up and the benefits keep decreasing and they will only give him a 2% cost of living raise to him which doesn't even cover the insurance increase :scared1: We almost qualify for food stamps. I jokingly told him to ask for a rate decrease so we can qualify, as we are barely getting by. He's afraid of changing jobs, but is so stressed out now that it's very hard on our family. :guilty:

Unless he gets some sort of perk based on seniority, it's time to write that resume and send it out! In these times, companies will look at him and see a stable work history that tells them he's not going to jump ship just because something better comes along, and just starting his search will make him feel better. Don't wait, do it now! Remember, yes, there is 10% unemployment, but that means that there is 90% employment, and I bet there's a company out there who would love to get his industry knowledge.

Unless he gets some sort of perk based on seniority, it's time to write that resume and send it out! In these times, companies will look at him and see a stable work history that tells them he's not going to jump ship just because something better comes along, and just starting his search will make him feel better. Don't wait, do it now! Remember, yes, there is 10% unemployment, but that means that there is 90% employment, and I bet there's a company out there who would love to get his industry knowledge.

Thanks for your positive take on our situation! I keep telling him he can do it but he's just at a loss right now and I'm sure he's starting to get depressed about the situation. He busts his butt, he is the most hard working man I know! He told me he's tired of trying to please everybody and tired of doing 2 person's jobs. They fired a co-worker and gave him his work too so now he works 10-11 hours per day and has an almost hour commute each way.:sad2: Plus he just found out today that our insurance is going up yet again and so are our co-pays.
He keeps telling me he can't wait to get away in October(to celebrate his parents anniversary). Thank goodness we paid off our cruise with our income tax refund or I don't know what we'd have to look forward to!

I understand this and here is something that happened to us.... My dh worked in a job for 13yrs working his way up the ladder to assit manager of the warehouse, new company took them over, and things went downhill fast, so he started looking. He went from working 12hr days 6-7 days a week with no over time pay for 60k/yr to a great job super bosses, and has been there almost 4yrs and gets paid overtime. It was worth the switch, and he was very nervous about even putting himself out there but it really paid off. the last few yrs with his OT he made 6figures!!!:woohoo:

OP I feel for you, it is really hard sometimes, and I agree if you are not happy you need to look elsewhere, without burning bridges! Productivity is effected and such when you are not happy where u are. Good Luck

If you are unhappy in your current company then start buffing up your resume and start working your network of contacts. Don't just quit unprepared, but start searching for a better fitting career that will get you out of your current company.

Yes yes yes! OP and other poster's husband...start looking now, so you can finally, with a job waiting in the wings, give your 2 weeks notice (and have that song playing in your head while you do it).

I prefer the rap version from Office Space. Can't recall if it's clean or not (and I actually didn't watch the video I'm linking to!), so watch/listen with caution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter