• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever had a nightmare your Disney vacation went horribly wrong?

momtobrynncess

DIS Veteran
As our vacation is less than 3 weeks away, I spend lots of time going over things in my mind as I go to sleep, as I'm sure many folks do. It would have been nice to have a great dream that we got upgraded to a suite. Instead, it all went horribly wrong......

Like some folks, I include a request for a particular longhouse (we are staying at Poly this year). In my nightmare, as we check in, the CM tells me that she has another room in mind for us, that that we will love it, and it will be even better than the one I requested. As we are walking to this great room, I realize that I don't remember packing. I have no camera, no clothes, no cell phone charger, etc. We get to this great room, and it's a room all by itself, in a building filled with offices, not other hotel rooms. (weird). I tell dh, there is no way I am staying in this weird room. I head back to the GCH, and as I am walking, it's not the Polynesian grounds. It's some weird place I have never seen. It's like some strange foreign country, and definitely not resort like. I am wondering to myself, where is Samoa? Where is the pool? Where are all the longhouses I normally recognize? I finally get to the GCH (which doesn't look like the GCH) and I explain that I want the room I requested and not this weird room. She changes it, and again, I find myself walking through this strange land of weird buildings trying to find my family. I get lost, so I have to stop somewhere to ask directions. I set my purse down (I don't know whose purse it was, but I don't own one that looks like this one), and I end up walking out without my purse. I quickly realize I don't have my purse, and I go back for it, only to realize that someone has stolen the entire contents of my purse, and left the purse (the weird one I don't own or recognize). As I again wander through this strange land trying to find my family, I say to myself, "This has got to be a nightmare! I really wish I'd wake up!!!"

And so I do, thankfully......I'm sure some dream interpreter has a deep and psychological meaning for this dream. I can't begin to think what it would be. Does anyone else have these odd dreams before their trip or am I the only oddball??? :eek:

use to before DVC.

guess so much planning and money goes to a WDW vacation - it can do strange things to your mind.

Since you have been to the Polyn - you know that before they started to put the name of the building at every exit - several people (including my mother) got lost.

She left me to go get a drink. After 2 hours when she did not come back - when to get her. She was not at the counter service (now QS). when to the front desk and asked for help - they got the security guards to help me look for her.

finally found her - and she fussy at me and told me that I had changed rooms....:rolleyes1:woohoo:

thank goodness the secuirity guard (who found her) kept a straight face. She was fine - just a bit scare.

so never even found the counter service (fd) - so took her there before returning to the room. It was a strange day.

What you described is exactly me!!! I just had a nightmare that we checked into the GF and it didn't look the same at all it was so run down and small. I also have reoccurring dreams that I'm leaving to catch our flight and I forgot to pack!

This was just one of those weird dreams that I cannot get out of my head today. I keep replaying it again and again in my mind. It was just so weird, and I don't know where this strange place was that was supposed to be Disney, but it was definitely not. I was just reading on the Poly thread about some wonderful family who just checked in (I think) last night, and they had a not so magical experience. They were not treated very magically, and I felt badly reading what they went through. I'll take a bad dream any day over a real life experience that was less than pleasant.

I had a crazy dream one night this week too. I had been reading a few threads on the Dis right before bed, so I had our trip on the brain. (Not surprising!) Anyway, I dreamed we arrived at the Yacht Club but it was Saratoga Springs instead. We didn't want the room they had for us, but everywhere else we wanted to stay was booked up. We tried the Wilderness Lodge, but they wanted $900 extra for a renovated room. My DH then got mad and said we would just stay offsite. I woke up feeling upset that we wouldn't be onsite, then remembered it was just a dream!!

Yes! A few weeks ago I dreamed that it was our first full day there and we just couldn't get moving to get out the door in the morning. Just like we were in slow motion getting dressed etc. Then I realized it was 10 am and we had totally missed our ADR at Crystal Palace! I was so upset! I was so glad when I woke up and realized it was a dream.

Anxiety dreams, I typically have them before any big event. Our trip is 46 days out and I had my first one last night. We were all sitting in the airport and everyone was there on time (real life anxiety) and I realized I had forgotten my touring bag and I was all mad at myself for making tons of lists and not checking them before we left. I understand how weird it is when a dream hangs with you the next day, I am just taking this as a reminder to get my packing done early and not stress at the last minute

Every year I have the same dream, that we have gotten to WDW and don't have our tickets, money, credit cards, ADR information, etc.

I have had many other weird Disney dreams, even when we don't have a trip planned. Many dreams like the OPs, weird rooms and resorts.

2 nights ago I dreamt (is that a word?) that I was on Soarin'. When the ride started to go up, I realized that I didn't have my seatbelt on (and I'm very scared of heights). I woke up terrified and had to tell myself over and over again that they check the seatbelts before the ride starts.

As our vacation is less than 3 weeks away, I spend lots of time going over things in my mind as I go to sleep, as I'm sure many folks do. It would have been nice to have a great dream that we got upgraded to a suite. Instead, it all went horribly wrong......

Like some folks, I include a request for a particular longhouse (we are staying at Poly this year). In my nightmare, as we check in, the CM tells me that she has another room in mind for us, that that we will love it, and it will be even better than the one I requested. As we are walking to this great room, I realize that I don't remember packing. I have no camera, no clothes, no cell phone charger, etc. We get to this great room, and it's a room all by itself, in a building filled with offices, not other hotel rooms. (weird). I tell dh, there is no way I am staying in this weird room. I head back to the GCH, and as I am walking, it's not the Polynesian grounds. It's some weird place I have never seen. It's like some strange foreign country, and definitely not resort like. I am wondering to myself, where is Samoa? Where is the pool? Where are all the longhouses I normally recognize? I finally get to the GCH (which doesn't look like the GCH) and I explain that I want the room I requested and not this weird room. She changes it, and again, I find myself walking through this strange land of weird buildings trying to find my family. I get lost, so I have to stop somewhere to ask directions. I set my purse down (I don't know whose purse it was, but I don't own one that looks like this one), and I end up walking out without my purse. I quickly realize I don't have my purse, and I go back for it, only to realize that someone has stolen the entire contents of my purse, and left the purse (the weird one I don't own or recognize). As I again wander through this strange land trying to find my family, I say to myself, "This has got to be a nightmare! I really wish I'd wake up!!!"

And so I do, thankfully......I'm sure some dream interpreter has a deep and psychological meaning for this dream. I can't begin to think what it would be. Does anyone else have these odd dreams before their trip or am I the only oddball??? :eek:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

No I do that all the time too!

I dream it is going home day and I can't remember the trip, what we did etc.

I dream I get there and lost my license, my annual passes and credit cards.

I dream the it's 9 am and we still in room , then 1pm still in room and I think "oh no the day is wasting away!!"

I dream my luggage is lost, no clothes!

I have a trip planned for 8/13 and I am packed, I have checked for all my documents but I will probably still have one of these dreams between now and then:sad2:

:goodvibes but with 40+ trips I have never had a bad trip, only awesome ones. Why else do I keep going back:thumbsup2

We are due to start our annual Disney vacation in 17 days, so the nightmares have already began...
Last night I dreamt that no one in our traveling party showed up for their Ressie at The Hoop Dee Doo Review and I was responsible for paying for all the no shows. That was horrible simply because there is 14 people in our party.
Last week's dream was terrifying. My 11 year old daughter got on the wrong bus, without me, from a resort that looked like a NYC subway station. Talk about panic.
There have been others, but those are he two I remember the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter