Ever go on a ride with a character?

There is a thread on here I saw today where somebody had their pictures of their daughter on the teacups with Alice. This was just days ago.

ME! Reposted it with pic of Anastasia too!

In 2011 my daughters and I saw the White Rabbit by the Teacups. They waited for a picture but he had to leave. The handler said he would be back out in a few minutes. We were the only ones waiting. He came back out, did pictures with them, then took them to the Teacups and rode with them. Needless to say, they posted that to Facebook in record time.

My family was there in the middle of May this year. We road the carousel with the evil step sisters. They were very funny, and poked fun at the adults, it made us all laugh. They also joked about people waiting 300 minutes for Ana and Elsa when people could wait only 20 minutes to see the original sisters, them. :-) It was definitely a Disney magical memory.

Had a close call once. My DD11 was 6 at the time and we were attending the Halloween Party at CA. She was dressed as Wendy for Halloween. We waited in the line to see PP for about an hour. When we got to the front of the line it was time to change characters. My daughter of course was upset as we walked away. Luckily PP saw her and coming running over. I didnt know what she said to him at the time but before I knew it they were holding hands skipping back to the front of the park. After a few minutes they were stopped by CM's and PP gave a hug goodbye a took a few pictures. She had asked him to go ride Soarin so they could fly together! It is still one of her favorite memories and we have some great pics. I will look for them!

In Jan 13 DD rode the Teacups with Alice :) It was an EMH on our last park day, it was awesome!! A park photographer took lots of pictures for photopass and we video taped it pixiedust:

I can think of at least four times we have ridden with characters.

Back in the days of toon town, it opened an hour after the park, so we would wait at the rope. If you were the first child to go up to Goofy and ask if you could ride the barnstormer with him, you would be first in the queue and Goofy rode in the front car with you. Each of my kids did this once.

We rode the teacups with one of the Tweedles after a meet and greet.

Peter Pan rode on IASW with us after family magical tour and talked to the kids the entire time. It was great. I think Wendy also rode with us on it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This whole thread is so cool! I must admit that I had no idea that characters actually rode. I always just assumed it was a promotional materials sort of thing.

I thought this too! When I see the commercials with the characters on the ride, I am like, yeah, like that ever happens!

Another one for Anastasia on the carousel. Was in FL with DD when it opened one morning and all of the tremaines were on. Everyone got strapped on and then there was an issue for the ride and it took 10minutes to start. The sisters put on quite the show whining and complaining about the ride not starting.

Two years ago DD & I got to ride the tea cups with the white rabbit, so cool & unexpected!

Back in 2001 I was fortunate to get to ride the Pooh ride with Tigger.....completely random.....he hopped up into the queue and got in the car with me.

During our 2008 trip (first for both of my kids) they were chosen to ride Dumbo with Mickey and Minnie......it was during evening EMH sometime between midnight and 1 pm. They family that had been chosen earlier in the evening didn't show up and we just happened to sit down while my husband ran to get water when we were approached by a CM. Amazing first trip memory, but next to impossible to duplicate on subsequent trips :wizard:

During our 2008 trip (first for both of my kids) they were chosen to ride Dumbo with Mickey and Minnie......it was during evening EMH sometime between midnight and 1 pm. They family that had been chosen earlier in the evening didn't show up and we just happened to sit down while my husband ran to get water when we were approached by a CM. Amazing first trip memory, but next to impossible to duplicate on subsequent trips :wizard:

Almost exact same experience as us in 2010. :thumbsup2

We were getting ready to leave the MK at about 11pm when a cm approached us by Snow White's Scary Adventure. He asked my kids if they would like to ride Dumbo with Mickey and Minnie. We waited about a half an hour for them to come out, then they grabbed my kid's hands and away they went. Pure magic!!! pixiedust:

My family rode Magic Carpets with Big Al, the country bear. My daughter and I rode in the front and Big Al hopped in the back with my DH.

In Dec 2011, DD11 and I rode the carpets with Aladdin and Jasmine. It was right before they started meeting in Agrabah, and it probably helped that DD and I were riding with one in front and one in back. They came up and asked if it was OK to ride with us. Umm, yeah! Of course, lucky DD was the one who got to ride with Aladdin!

A few years ago (2009 or 2010) my daughters and I got to ride the teacups with Alice. It was awesome, and both of my little chatterboxes were nearly speechless the entire time!

Not a ride, but on one of our first trips (2003, I think), we were staying at the Contemporary Garden Wing while Shades of Green was being remodeled. On our last day, we wanted to revisit some favorites, and it was EMH at MK. So we walked over and only stayed an hour or so to ride a few faves, then got on the ferry to head to the Epcot monorail.

Since it was so early, while hundreds disembarked from the ferry at MK, our family were the ONLY guests on the ferry to the TTC. We went to the top, and as my DD11 was looking over the rail, Pluto snuck up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. She about jumped over the rail! He was great, had us all laughing.

My DD is now 22, and it is still one of her favorite memories!

I was on Aladdin,s magic carpet and the genie was on the ride. Not in my carpet though. It was awesome though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter