Ever get the pre-vacation jitters?

I thought I was super excited. I thought that I had mentally checked off everything that needed to be done. We leave in 6 days, all should be good.

BUT, I have been having nightmares. In a dream, we were leaving Disney and I had no memory of the trip at all. Everyone was talking about what we did and I couldn't recall a thing!

Then I had another dream that I woke up late and missed our Akershus ADR. And our fast passes. Then realized that I completely spaced our BBB Rez the day before.

I suppose my anxiety is coming through in my dreams...

I too am one who doesn't like to fly, so I definitely feel those jitters the night before. I take some allergy medicine to make myself drowsy, which takes the edge off my nerves for the most part. I will say that looking out the plane windows helps a lot for some reason (the views are usually beautiful!), and that feeling as the plane is landing at MCO.... That's the best!!!

I get it. We leave in the morning and I'm getting that anxious feeling. Am I forgetting something? Did I prepared enough? Will the weather be okay?

I have dreams sometimes too. It usually involves showing up and forgetting everything I planned or not knowing where to go because everything has been moved, lol. To be fair, I have a recurring nightmare that I'm in school and can't find my class or forgot my schedule (though I've been out of college for 7 years)... so I'm apparently anxious in general life.

It's silly. Everything always goes fine, but I understand the feeling.

Jitters? No. Excited? ...

oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

We leave tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to be all...

IHbLk.gif

When we arrive tomorrow, I'll be all...

tumblr_low31auOHp1qbufnio1_500.gif

Yep and it doesn't matter where I'm traveling to or how I'm getting there. I call it "the dreads".....not that I'm dreading going, it's just a feeling of dread I get. We leave in two weeks and it's my granddaughter's first trip. Told my daughter today to make sure they bring two pair of tennis shoes, two bathing suits, blah, blah, blah. She told me they'd be fine...ok, but if you get huge blisters on your feet and can't wear the one pair of tennis shoes you brought, whatcha gonna do then huh?????? ACK!!!!!!!! :sad:
:sad2: :worried:

I thought I was the only one! We leave a week from tomorrow and I'm jittery as all get out. I'm very nervous about leaving our (spoiled) pets for the first time. What if they don't eat while we're gone?! Do I have everything we need for the trip? The list goes on...I can't wait to get there, though.

I do so much planning...the excitement actually starts to drop the last few days before the trip. I think I get depressed that all of the planning is done.
Sometimes, I think I enjoy the planning more than the actual trip. Don't worry, Everything is awesome when I wake up on the 2nd morning, and I forgot where I was...

Yup. I start to panic days before leaving. Worrying about if I forgot something, going over the lists etc.

It depends really. Most of the times I don't. But a few years ago I was going to New York and I got so sick/nervous the morning I was leaving that I threw-up like 3 times.

Usually when I am going somewhere new I get a little anxious and nervous.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one..LOL
I get anxious/jittery/excited 2 days before I leave.

I mean I am always excited to go to WDW, but those last 2 days are rough.
While I am packing I get knots in my stomach....trying to make sure I have everything I want to take...
clothes, pins for trading, door and window decorations...etc.

I get so nervous, because we work so hard on planning the perfect vacation and a ton of things can go wrong. I only feel better once that plane lands at the destination. :)

I also start thinking about the fact I might see a snake and I read stories online and sometimes I'm like nope I am not going! But I am glad I'm not the only one who gets nervous/ anxious about it all. Wish I didn't because it makes the days leading up to the trip miserable!

Absolutely YES. Especially involving work. However, if I spent less time on the DISboards, I could probably get more done ;)

It gets really bad the day we leave. Is the oven off? That plugged in video game system - that's about 98% likely to burn down the house in our absence, right? And are all the doors locked? What if the roof leaks?

It's a problem, and I try to do my best to avoid it, but don't always do a great job.

Do you ever get the pre-vacation jitters?

YES! Sometimes I'm still checking things off my list of to dos/potential worries all the way up to when we enter the parks for the first time.
@Asc341 , I think your two tips are the best ones out there. They've definitely helped me tone down my own travel-related anxieties in the past.
(Okay, the Diazepam prescribed for my fear of flying probably helps too :teeth:)

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! We leave in 27 days & I'm a mess already, I have butterflies in my stomach & can't stop worrying about things that might go wrong. Not about our vacation but about getting there (I HATE flying-I cry during takeoff & panic for days before we go). Also about leaving our 2 cats-they're 13, very spoiled & very set in their ways. We have a cat sitter come 2x a day to take care of them but I still worry-nobody can take care of them like mama can:). But, then we get to Disney (or wherever we're going) & I'm all good. Still worrying about them but having a great time anyway.

Do you ever get the pre-vacation jitters? How do you deal with them

Completely stressed and unbearable to live with 2 weeks before we go. How do I deal?

. I have standard packing list templates that I've compiled over years of travelling that can be then customized (usually by removing things, not adding) for each trip;

. I put a few laundry baskets aside into which we toss stuff that we don't normally need for the next little while at least 2 weeks before we go (longer if we're going overseas). Things like: sewing kit, travel sized toiletries, bathing suits, etc.;

. I have a wire in basket into which go all documents, tickets, passports, etc. as we acquire them;

. I have a first aid kit that I check contents of 1 month before we go to replenish or refresh anything in it. This kit has been invaluable over the years and I've used something from it each and every trip. It covers everything from different types of bandages (regular, blister, burns), scissors, tweezers, OTC medication, itch cream, after bite, sunscreen, after sun cream, bug spray, antibiotic cream, Immodium/Pepto Bismol, etc. I've added to it over the years. It really gives me peace of mind that I can cover off all minor ailments. DH is always amazed when some minor thing happens and I pull out the kit and say "I have something for that". He once got a bunch of little tiny bits of rock and coral stuck in the bottom of his feet from a particularly rocky section of the water and I was able to get all of them out with tweezers, used the antibiotic cream that had an analgesic in it and had the appropriate bandages for it. The next day he was fine and had no pain or problems walking.

. DH and I grill each other 2-3 days before we leave - "do you have..." type questions. We pack together and go through everything. We mentally walk through each aspect of the trip and make sure that we have the appropriate type of clothes and whatever else is required. While we wait for the limo to take us to the airport, we do a final grill (usually of the "do you have your passport and tickets - show me" variety) of each other.

. we make sure that we have contact numbers for credit card companies and bank in case of loss, number of the TA in case of issues, family numbers and any other emergency numbers.

Over the years, we've learned to only worry about the next leg of the trip not the whole thing as you can't deal with all of the potential uncertainties. We may have planned in advance in principle for what might happen if, for example, we miss a connecting flight, if we miss the cruise, etc. but once you've started on the journey, you can only worry about the next thing. So while at home, we only worry about whether the airport limo gets there on time. At the airport, we only worry about how long it takes to get through customs and immigration. In the gate, we worry about whether the plane leaves on time. And so on. We don't necessarily actually worry about it, but we only let ourselves think about the next phase because there's too many options if you try to think about all of it. Once you know that the next leg or phase is fine, it begins to remove a lot of stress and uncertainty about the whole trip and then we can determine what we might do if the next phase is a problem. We feel in control and not overwhelmed by the potential problems.

We also remind ourselves that we're not going to the Antarctic. In general, if you've forgotten something, you'll be able to buy it while you're away. As long as you have your passport and a credit card, you'll be fine. If you lose your credit card, because you have the emergency call numbers of the firms and bank, you'll be able to access funds.

My biggest stress is getting things done at work. So I make sure everyone knows what to do while I'm away, make sure there's sufficient backup or coverage when I'm gone, make sure everyone has access to relevant information, and communicate as early as possible that I will be away so that there are no last minute emergencies that I have to take care of.

It gets really bad the day we leave. Is the oven off? That plugged in video game system - that's about 98% likely to burn down the house in our absence, right? And are all the doors locked? What if the roof leaks?

What if one of the cats gets sick while I'm away? What if they miss me? What if they don't miss me? What if someone tries to deliver a package and we're not there and it gets sent back (why this should happen I have no idea but I stress about it)? What if I've left the iron on (which probably was never used before we left but who knows - maybe it turned itself on)? What if my friends lose the key to our house and the cats starve? Endless stupid questions and worries. Usually they all float away as soon as I get on the plane. If you've properly planned, have to-do lists, and do mental checks none of these things generally happen. But it's a ritual that I have to go through.

I get the jitters about transportation. I am not afraid of flying but I get nervous about getting to the airport on time, getting through security quickly, locating my luggage upon arrival, finding rental car (if applicable) and dealing with that.

On the plane or when taking the Auto Train, I am fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter