Ever extended your stay While There?

rngclick

Mouseketeer
Only booked 3 nights this time and thinking we'll probably want to stay longer.

Anyone ever extended their stay at the same resort while on site? How did you do it? Front desk, phone, online? Were you able to apply any codes. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

Depending on when you are going - not sure I would bank on availability..You might have to change rooms or worse resorts..

We've done it twice. Last year we were at the Wilderness Lodge and wanted to stay another night to finish up things because it was so hot out(it was August) and we were swimming a lot during the day instead of riding rides! We just called the desk the day before we were to check out. They told us they had no rooms avail. They told us to call back later. We did, still nothing. They did have a room at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. So we switched! They did give us our discount that we were using, but I don't know if they do that all the time.

The other time we were at the Poly(it was May), they had avail and we stayed in the same room. It was a few years ago, so I don't know what they charged.

Depending on when you're going and how busy it is, you run the risk of the resort being all booked up.

We did it at BCV.

In July 2007, we were spending 7 nights at BCV on points (we're DVC). About the 5th night, we decided that we wanted to add 2 more nights. We called Member Services and we were able to stay two more nights for CASH. And the best part was...we didn't even have to switch rooms.:thumbsup2

I haven't extended a trip, but I have cut a trip short. You can check out early with no charge for the remaining nights as long as you do it at the front desk by 11:00 the morning you are leaving. We did this two years in a row, my DH just had enough of WDW..:rolleyes: So you could go ahead and book what you think you will want and check out early if you want to. I would make sure this is still the policy, but I would be surprised if it wasn't . My boys and I just did this a few weeks ago at Universal. We did everything we wanted in less time than we booked, so we checked out a day early with no charge for the remaining night.

I've done it twice. Once I was lucky and everything went through and I was able to stay in the same room and all... although Mousekeeping was puzzled, they kept insisting I was supposed to leave (a call to the front desk, which then resulted in a call to mousekeeping, eventually cleared it up).

The second time, I had to move to a hotel off-property, everything in my price range was booked.

I haven't extended a trip, but I have cut a trip short. You can check out early with no charge for the remaining nights as long as you do it at the front desk by 11:00 the morning you are leaving. We did this two years in a row, my DH just had enough of WDW..:rolleyes: So you could go ahead and book what you think you will want and check out early if you want to. I would make sure this is still the policy, but I would be surprised if it wasn't . My boys and I just did this a few weeks ago at Universal. We did everything we wanted in less time than we booked, so we checked out a day early with no charge for the remaining night.

How on earth can you have enough of Disney World?:scared1:

My family stayed on the concierge level at the Grand Floridian in June 1991. If memory serves me right, the room was about $500 per night. We stayed for four nights. When we went to check out, the CM at the front desk asked my dad if we would like to extend our stay. My dad asked how much it would cost. The answer? "We can offer you three more nights at $100 per night."

"For the same room?"

"Yes."

My dad, always quick with a witty comment, said "I should have just booked one night and then added the three at $100!"

We couldn't stay as dad had to be back to work.

We've hav edone it twice. Once at AKL and when called from the room. We were told the resort was booked. Later we went to the front desk and we were able to stay in the same room!

We also did it at the Poly CL. This time concierge arranged it. Apparently they didn't tell mousekeeping because we were taking a nap and they tried to open the door. When I went to the door and undid the chain they swore I was supposed to leave. This time we added 3 days to the stay.

we did it once at CSR about 3 years ago.
We were going for 5 nights but could only get 4 at CSR so we made a reservation for the 5th night at the Doubletree in Downtown Disney. When we got to the hotel we asked about availability for teh 5th night when we checked in and there ended up being availibility and we were able to stay in teh same room. We were shocke dthere was availibillity b/c it was during spring break adn we booked our stay 4 weeks before we were going.

In January 2008, we asked the Poly club level staff if we could add an extra night and they said they were all booked. A few hours later, I decided to check the WDW site myself ('cause I'm like that ;)) and there were garden view, non-club rooms available so I booked one for the night. Rack rate, sadly.

Anyway, went out to the club level desk and told them this - and that we would be changing buildings the next day due to this -- magically, within an hour they managed to change our 1 night reservation to club level and we even got to stay in our same room (and we paid the difference too, just to be clear). I'm not sure if I ever understood all that, but ..

We've also stayed one extra night on some weekend trips (where we planned Friday night only, but decided to stay on Saturday night too), but we were never able to stay at the same resort those few times because everything was booked up.

in 2006 we were staying at Pop and wanted to add 2 more days. There was no availability anywhere except 1 sav view room at AKL. We took it and it was the best decision ever. We had never stayed deluxe before and that trip was so magical. The hardest part was switching our flight $$$!

Back in 2003, DS's first trip. We were supposed to go to the beach for two days after Disney, but DS (then 4) was having so much fun we didn't want to leave. We added two nights to the end of the trip at the last minute and they only charged us for one night! We were at AS Sports. It hooked us.

We extended our stay by 2 or 3 nights back in September 2001. We were on our honeymoon at BC. We arrived on September 13th. We were to spend like 5 days at WDW and then go to Vero Beach and stay at my IL’s condo for a few nights. Since it was very shortly after 9/11 the parks and hotels were DESERTED. We were having such a wonderful time that we decided not to go on to Vero Beach.. We went up to the front desk and asked to extend our stay and were able to do so without a problem, b/c truly there was not a lot of incoming guests.

How on earth can you have enough of Disney World?:scared1:

:laughing:I figured my post would be unique, we are probably the only ones who leave WDW early for no emergency reason.

My DH's (aka Grumpy Spouse) tolerance for all that is magical is about 5 days. We had booked 7 days, so I decided to let him off the hook and we left one day early. I know, I am such a wonderful wife.;)

This year we have booked 8 nights with FD, so I don't think we can leave early. I have too much planned to do so, I am going to tell him we can't. :thumbsup2

:laughing:I figured my post would be unique, we are probably the only ones who leave WDW early for no emergency reason.

My DH's (aka Grumpy Spouse) tolerance for all that is magical is about 5 days. We had booked 7 days, so I decided to let him off the hook and we left one day early. I know, I am such a wonderful wife.;)

This year we have booked 8 nights with FD, so I don't think we can leave early. I have too much planned to do so, I am going to tell him we can't. :thumbsup2

Send him home early and use his dining credits. :rotfl:

We extended our stay in Aug 2008.

We had an awful start to our trip where a WDW resort manager (I won't say what resort because I don't want to post details - the problem was resolved exceptionally) outright lied to us and misled us. It is a long story that involves us being screwed over from 2am (our arrival) until 5am and ended up with us at the Hyatt at DTD for the first few days of our trip because according to this manager "every single WDW resort was at 100% capacity" (not true, I called CRO and they had availability at 10 resorts :rolleyes:)

Anyways...after a few days at the Hyatt we transfered to WL, Club level. We were there for a week and it was during the infamous Tropical Storm Fay!

Nearing the end of our 10 day vacation we called AirTran and were able to bump our flights back by 4 days for only $100 TOTAL.

We then used the bouceback flyer in our room, which had current dates available and booked a room at CSR for 4 nights! :woohoo:

I did once because hurricane frances shut down the airport at noon on the day we were leaving. My flight was 4:00 pm. It cost us so much extra money because we were due to fly out on Friday and couldn't leave until TUESDAY! :scared1: Hotel, car rental & food for four of us. I've taken travelers insurance every trip since that one. Pop Century was the hotel and they did honor the discounted price I had for the rest of our trip but what a nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter