Ever booked category 10 or 12? Ever upgraded by DCL?

Ever booked category 10 or 12? Were you upgraded by DCL?

• Booked category 10, GTY, and YES rec'd upgraded from DCL

• Booked category 10, with room assigned; YES rec'd upgrade from DCL

• Booked category 10; NO did not receive an upgrade

• Booked category 12, GTY, and YES rec'd upgrade from DCL

• Booked category 12, with room assigned; YES rec'd upgrade from DCL

• Booked category 12; NO did not receive an upgrade from DCL

Results are only viewable after voting.

FredS

DIS Veteran
Okay, still curious about how this works. There just seems to be a history regarding category 10's (apparently rare upgrades) and possibly the same with category 12's. Let's see if we can see a pattern or not.......

Looks like 2 options are the same. Booked a category 10 assigned room and did receive an upgrade seems to be listed twice.

You're right, but you can tell it was a typo and should be cat. 12 on the second one.

I've booked cat 11's twice and been upgraded twice. The first time was an assigned cat 11 and bumped to a cat 8. The 2nd time was cat 11 GTY and bumpted to a cat 9.

Sam

Originally posted by Mjasp
You're right, but you can tell it was a typo and should be cat. 12 on the second one.

Oops, that cutting and pasting can get you into trouble. You are exactly right and I will see if I can get a mod to correct that.

Minnie's pal -- I saw your poll, which I found very interesting. What I was trying to narrow down this this poll are the numbers relating to upgrades from categories 10 and 12 specifically. I think that DCL much more often upgrades category 11 to 8 or 9 than upgrading category 10, which is odd, but certainly within their discretion. Category 12 is also a curiosity since it was offered to our family of four, but those specific rooms only sleep three. That would seem to indicate that DCL does plan to use those staterooms to entice people but seem to require an upgrade.

And for our family I would not feel comfortable reserving a room which did not have a split bathroom, which is unfortunate for us in that I don't think we would ever be upgraded from a category 10. No, not complaining, but if fewer than all four in our family were cruising, I think I would be happy with any stateroom and would likely reserve the least expensive, particularly if that actually had the better chance of an upgrade.

On our first cruise - 3 day land package/4 day cruise - we received an upgrade from the Port Orleans to the Contemporary. Unfortunately never received an offer to upgrade our cabin on our 3 subsequent cruises.

If you booked a category 12 and did NOT receive an upgrade, could you please respond to let us know if you booked early/late, number of people in stateroom and month of cruise? Thanks!!:bounce:

Booked a category 10 cabin in February 2003 for the December 27, 2003 7 day, got called a week before and were upgraded to a category 5.

Seems I will be staying in my SPR on our cruise. No upgrades on Cat. 10's. I couldn't see DCL giving an upgrade on a cat 10 SPR, then they would give their SPR secret out to more than just us DISers.

Seems I will be staying in my SPR on our cruise. No upgrades on Cat. 10's. I couldn't see DCL giving an upgrade on a cat 10 SPR, then they would give their SPR secret out to more than just us DISers.

Nothing wrong with a category 10, and a SPR is like an insider's upgrade anyway. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Any other category 12 bookers that can give additional info on their upgrade (or lack thereof) please?

Fred...Seems booking a cat 12 is a 50/50 shot. I'd only book it if you were going to be happy staying in a cat 12.

Fred...Seems booking a cat 12 is a 50/50 shot. I'd only book it if you were going to be happy staying in a cat 12.

No, again I am not asking about this because I am considering staying in a 12. My family of four can't stay in a category 12. I was trying to get information regarding upgrades for the lower categories in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter