Ever been HUNGOVER in Disney World??? Have fun with this one!!!

bapawoo

Faith, trust & pixie dust * *
I know...it's a silly question. But today I was thinking about my last trip and I remember thinking that it was impossible to get hungover in the World. Well, I was wrong. The fairy dust didn't take care of me after one night of touring the World Showcase...I swear it was the plum wine from Japan that truly did me in. Or maybe it was one of the three glasses of wine? Or maybe the margarita? Oh, it's all making sense to me, now!

Anyways, when I woke up the next morning at 7am ready to get to AK early...let's just say it didn't go as planned. :sick:After two advil, a bottle of water, some juice, and a 30 min nap, my husband and I finally made it to AK... AT 10:30!!! oops

So...anyone else have a "whoops" story from the World? :idea:
Where were you drinking? :cool1:
What were you drinking? (so the rest of us will avoid it!...):woohoo:
Did you miss anything the next day?? :guilty:

Any tips on how to help it? (other than stay sober...but that's no fun on vaca!)

Hope this thread becomes full of fun stories!!!!!

I wouldn't say hunover but one afternoon at EPCOT we ate lunch in Mexico. I love margaritas and had one with my meal - their glasses where rather large. I didn't really think about the fact that tequila makes me sleepy. I could barely keep my eyes open and still had the whole day ahead of me. I was walking with my mom and she kept saying "oh, my drunk daughter." I wasn't drunk, I just needed a nap. Oops. :headache:

I think I do ok because I drink so much water & eat so much at WDW. ;) But I did one time have a 3 martini Lunch at the Brown Derby & I had to go take a nap after.

Kae

Absolutely!!!! I went on a bender one night drinking champagne at Victoria & Albert's the night before :sick:. I was staying at the Wilderness Lodge, first time staying there.
Well, I went to "breakfast" at about 11AM and decided to try Whispering Canyon Cafe. Not knowing what the place was about, I got a table near the kitchen. The guy who seated me said I looked like I had a good night the night before and I told him yes, I did. MISTAKE!!!!!
They proceeded to tortured me at ever chance. Waiters were banging the fold-up tables they put the plates on every time they walked by. The kitchen staff were singing drinking songs and the people who do the hollering made a point of standing right next to me when they did. They involved me at ever chance they got. :banana:
It actually was pretty funny and I now love this place because of it.

YES! TWICE! And I'm embarassed to say that one of the times was two nights before our disney wedding at the GF!! :confused3 LOL

DH and I had way too much fun in Pleasure Island with our friends the night everyone flew in for our wedding. It was considered a joint bachelor/bachelorette party...so needless to say, many shots were taken! I could barely do anything the next day. Thank GOD we didn't do that the night BEFORE the wedding...as I still felt a tad queasy the day of the wedding! Oops! So much fun though :banana:

The second time was about two years ago and we went to DW with our friends for three nights. We did the food and wine festival and had the perfect amount of alcohol :goodvibes....until we decided to go to atlantic dance hall after dinner for some MORE drinks and dancing. One friend who is known to be a little crazy bought us several rounds of patron tequila shots. Whoa. Not a good idea. I tried making it to Epcot the next morning...but had to walk back to the hotel for about a 2 hr nap to sleep off the headache/nausea. Ugh! I regret that! But it was definitely one of most memorable trips to the world, that's for sure! :rotfl:

Going back with DH only in a few weeks...we are much better behaved when our friends aren't with us, so it should be a pretty calm trip this time! :thumbsup2

yep. I got thrashed from the "drinking around the world." What got me was the warm saki!!!!

I can drink more than any human, but too many saki bombs and wine eventually got to me.

Solution, drink 1 gatorade, 4 pain reliever of your choice and chug another 3-4 more beers. After you can keep that down start on the water. You'll survive.

Speaking of drinks....

I'll be spending one evening in Epcot on my short new years trip, if you could recommend one drink you have to try, what is it?

yep. I got thrashed from the "drinking around the world." What got me was the warm saki!!!!

I can drink more than any human, but too many saki bombs and wine eventually got to me.

Solution, drink 1 gatorade, 4 pain reliever of your choice and chug another 3-4 more beers. After you can keep that down start on the water. You'll survive.

Did you go on any rides after drinking?

Speaking of drinks....

I'll be spending one evening in Epcot on my short new years trip, if you could recommend one drink you have to try, what is it?

In Mexico, at the new tequila bar try the tequila sampler tray. Four different shots of tequila!

Last weekend we had a bit of a rough outing....did some park touring in the morning, but then started with sangrias and jack/cokes at the Dolphin pool bar (best bar on property BTW), followed by sampling some different sake in the back of the store in Japan, then on to a bottle of wine at dinner, some more wine from the kiosk in France during Illuminations and then a night cap back at the Dolphin Lobby Bar drinking rum/coke Jack/coke while mixing it up with drunken conventioneers until around 2am.

We didn't get out of our Heavenly bed the next day until 1:30pm!! So much for that Animal Kingdom rope drop :rotfl:

Oh and the one drink to not miss while in Epcot?? DEFINITELY go to La Cava del Tequila and try one of the special flavored margaritas..they are to die for!! Jalapeno, cucumber, avocado and blood orange are all recommended! (yep, that was a different day)

Hangover remedy??? Chicken soup!! Trust me..it has worked every time. Salt, calories, liquid and easy on the stomach.

F & WF will do it to me every time! I never plan on drinking too much but I do love tasting the different wines as I walk around the World. Trouble is I get soooooo sleeeeeeepy and just want to sit down; rarely make it past France! And we never go to Disney with the idea of even attending this festival!

Oh and the one drink to not miss while in Epcot?? DEFINITELY go to La Cava del Tequila and try one of the special flavored margaritas..they are to die for!! Jalapeno, cucumber, avocado and blood orange are all recommended! (yep, that was a different day)

Now this sounds like my kind of drink. Thanks for this tip!!

Speaking of drinks....

Add another for one of the specialty margaritas at La Cava in Mexico.

i'm also surprised noone mentioned he Orange Slush or lemonade Slush located in France. YUM!

As for hangover at the World? Surprisingly.... not yet. In march I drank around the world (sangria, beer, slush's, 3 margaritas, jager shots...etc) and didn't have any problems.

And then last week I even did HHN at Universal and ended up drinking 6 Long Islands (well..... 12 if you figure they were doubles...), plus a HUGE 40oz rum drink at Finnegans... plus a blood bag jello shot and a test tube washington apple shot..... No problems.

But... somehow the pool bar got me my first night in town with the 4 Long Islands. Woke up semi early with a slight headache. A couple pills with a glass of water, and back to bed for 30min-1hr and I was fine.

The day after my 30th b-day celebration at Jelly Rolls. :cool1: At that time they still had the ABC soap stars weekend. And we ended up partying with some of the soap stars since one of them had the same b-day as me:banana:...Needless to say, my friends made it to EPCOT the next day....not me!:sick:!!! Beer and shots for me.

The last time I was there I was 16.....so no, never happened to me EXCEPT IT WILL OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS!! :woohoo:

I think I can drink for drink with you. Maybe it's just a Mass thing (Massachusetts, not size). My drinking excusions at the World wasn't from drinking around the world. It was from way back when, when me and my friends would pre-game in the room catch the bus to Pleasure Island and go full tilt. I still miss the mixed drinks being served in sand castle pails and the yards of beer caraffes.

But for me, when I know I'm getting sloppy, gatorade before I start drinking, gatorade before bed, gatorade in the morning and when I take my morning shower, have the water massage the top of my head for a good 10 min.

I think I can drink for drink with you. Maybe it's just a Mass thing (Massachusetts, not size). My drinking excusions at the World wasn't from drinking around the world. It was from way back when, when me and my friends would pre-game in the room catch the bus to Pleasure Island and go full tilt. I still miss the mixed drinks being served in sand castle pails and the yards of beer caraffes.

But for me, when I know I'm getting sloppy, gatorade before I start drinking, gatorade before bed, gatorade in the morning and when I take my morning shower, have the water massage the top of my head for a good 10 min.

Must be the Bruins fans....you know we can drink. :rotfl2: The drinking around the world happend within 1-2hrs. So, you figure that on top of drinking before the world =hurts the next day.

Thankfully when I did the drink around the world that time, I wasn't at the All Star Resort like last time. Last time, we had the cheerleading competition going on, so all day all I heard was yelling. That would have been killer!!

Oh man, have I ever.

It was February 2010, NBA All Star Weekend. Me and my brother went into Hooters behind the Crossroads, had way way way too much to drink, went back to the hotel had a few more in the bar. We started on the Sam Adams, but later on in the night moved onto the Jack D!

The next day was horrific. But we decided to power through it. Breakfast at I-hop which took forever to eat, followed by a day at Hollywood Studios. The morning was terrible, then we did Rock n Rollercoaster.....as soon as I walked off I went in the restroom and chucked. After that I was absolutely fine and enjoyed the rest of my day....but damn them first few hours werent pretty:rotfl:

Try riding the intense side of mission space after a day of drinking around the world. That was an experience. If I remember correctly it was around the time that NASA was releasing reports about some of astronauts being drunk during missions. We were joking about it the entire night.

But the best thing was Disney buses got us home safe and sound! No driving required at the world. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter