Ever been charged for ditching ADR?

Jadyreen1282

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever been charged for ditching an ADR here? Or are we so informed that would be an impossibility?

They definitely charge.

That said, if you want to eat at a WDW restaurant not owned by Disney and outside the parks (like TRex), I highly recommend making a reservation directly with the restaurant instead of making a Disney ADR. The no-show policy does not apply that way. (Not that I advise ditching)

Last edited:
I thought they only charge for canceling after midnight the night before ressie OR no-show. Do they change for canceling/changing ressie in general?! I've been moving stuff all around for our trip in October. Am I getting hit with charges? I saw a bunch of $1 charges on my statement, but i thought these would get refunded somehow. Jeez, I'm such a newbie...

We had to bail on our ADR at the last minute, because we came down w/ stomach flu...first day of our WDW trip! We just called that morning when my son got sick and they said there's not a charge for illness. (whew! it was for 10 of us, and I didn't need to throw $100 down the drain, especially since we ALL ended up getting sick and missing out on SOOOO much on our trip!)

I thought they only charge for canceling after midnight the night before ressie OR no-show. Do they change for canceling/changing ressie in general?! I've been moving stuff all around for our trip in October. Am I getting hit with charges? I saw a bunch of $1 charges on my statement, but i thought these would get refunded somehow. Jeez, I'm such a newbie...
Most places let you cancel by midnight the night before. I know there are a few exceptions, like I am pretty sure Fantasmic packages require 2 days notice. You can move around and cancel stuff as much as you want before that.

The Policies section that you need to accept when you book online shows the cancellation policy for that restaurant.

If there are technological issues with cancellations, they've been known to be more lenient. Last year I had to make a cancellation at Jiko when we decided not to go back to Animal Kingdom area for the next day, but the app was on the fritz and wouldn't let me the night before. I called the next morning to let them know and they were super nice and waived the cancellation fee.

In Disneyland we had reservations when myb husband became horribly ill out of nowhere. It was within a few hours but I explained the situation and they did not charge us. I believe in being honest but don't expect to not be charged , but it never hurts to ask.

We got charged for no-showing at Blue Bayou at DLR. But... we DID SHOW UP. We had a cake delivered for my DD's bday and ate a meal. It took FOREVER to get the charge reversed. They wanted me to fax a copy of my receipt to them, but it was a week later and we were home... I didn't have a receipt. So, it took them weeks to "investigate" me. LOL.

We got charged $20 for Via Napoli because we changed the reservation time from 6pm to 1pm on the same day. We called after we got home and they reversed the charge.

I had to cancel O'hana the day of my ADR last year because my son had an allergic reaction earlier in the day. They were very nice and understanding. No charge.

We cancelled a Sci-Fi reservation a few hours before at Guest Services, we fully expected to be charged (we were leaving park earlier than planned, no illness) but the fee was waived.

I've been charged (and happily paid) several times. Plans just change, and I knew about the policy beforehand. I still called and cancelled, but I didn't ask for the charge to be waived. There's only two of us, so I guess that makes it easier to swallow.

We were charged for cancelling BOG reservations the day of. Even though there was a group of the same number as ours at the podium looking for reservations. They wouldnt let us give our reservation to them, and we got charged :O(

We were charged for cancelling BOG reservations the day of. Even though there was a group of the same number as ours at the podium looking for reservations. They wouldnt let us give our reservation to them, and we got charged :O(

That does not seem fair. I know in the past you could get out of being charged if you gave them away.

We haven't ditched an ADR since the Policy of $10 per person became effective. My husband did get sick with a stomach bug but the rest of us had to eat, so we left him and went to dinner. We really didn't want to stick around for fear we would all get it. We made sure he had everything he needed before we left. We agreed that if this happens to one of us on our next vacation, whoever is not sick will go unless it one of our kids and then since there are 2 kid and 2 adults 1 adult and one kid will go. We are not missing an ADR and you have to eat.

They don't check id's so you could have given them your name for the rezzie I think. We've had teenagers in front of us in TS that give a family name for the rezzie with no issues.

I think that it is important to make ADR's you think you will keep. If you plan "just in case" ADR's and foget to cancel, you will be charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter