Event in Oct 2016?

Melodious

DIS Veteran
I know that we are very early to book for Oct 2016. But looking at options right now, there is very limited availability at CSR, AKL, WL, the Epcot resorts, etc (except for GF). We want to do a split stay the last two weeks of October (CSR 17-22 and GF 22-28)) but we are worried there is some big event that will be making the resorts more crowded then. I know it's early but Nov has plenty of availability. Should we change our dates? Or just wait for things to open up?

October has become a very busy time due to many reasons:

-Fall break at many southern schools
-Food and Wine Fest
-Mickey's Halloween party

Expect crowds, not holiday type crowds, but it will be busy. Early Nov would be much quieter, outside of Jersey weekend.

I'm seriously considering switching our October trip to November, because of crowd issues, even though I was really excited about being able to spend my birthday at WDW. I'm still waffling. DD really wants to go to MNSSHP again, though, so probably not.

I know that we are very early to book for Oct 2016. But looking at options right now, there is very limited availability at CSR, AKL, WL, the Epcot resorts, etc (except for GF). We want to do a split stay the last two weeks of October (CSR 17-22 and GF 22-28)) but we are worried there is some big event that will be making the resorts more crowded then. I know it's early but Nov has plenty of availability. Should we change our dates? Or just wait for things to open up?

In addition to those special Disney events listed above, the Gartner Symposium is usually scheduled sometime during the 1st and 2nd week of October--this brings thousands to hotels (primarily EPCOT area, but families tend to spill over to other resorts) at Disney.

We were also going to go in October 2016 over my birthday but for $$ savings and crowds we switched to early December. When I called I was told that some resorts were already sold out. Pop Warner? There is no free dining usually then so maybe some rooms are just being held back.

You have a few events during that time of the year including Food and Wine, MNSSHP, school vacations, and conferences (which means rooms are held out of inventory until closer to those dates). More people seem to be staying onsite of late as well. Some of it could be people hoping for free dining. Plus, October has always seemed to book further out which I think is due to people who KNOW they want to travel for Food and Wine and MNSSHP so they go ahead and book.

That said, I have NEVER found October to be super busy. Yes, your headliners will get a bit long, but we're talking 60-90 minutes for them... NOT summer and holiday numbers. I have never waited more then 20 minutes for an attraction at that time of the year nor have I had issues getting ADRs or FP+. So don't freak out.

Thanks for the replies. When we first saw CSR had limited availability, we thought it was just a convention but then saw other resorts booked too. We have been early November before (and enjoyed it) but October works out a lot better for our schedule this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter