• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Event For Disney Train Fans

FWRR3

Engineer for "The Little FWRR"
The Carolwood Pacific Historical Society is hosting a Disney-themed "Train Show", open (free) to Disney World guests, from 10 AM until 5 PM on Sept. 29th, in the Carolwood Pacific Room in the DVC Villas building at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. This event will feature replicas of the FWRR and CPRR, videos, and other train related displays.

Goofy will welcome you aboard the FWRR:

IMG_8026.jpg

That sounds great. Unfortunately, it doesn't go with my dates or I would be sure to check it out.

Russel,

Are you going to attend? Can you "take one for the team" and tell us about it if you go?

Thanks,

Bama ED

The Carolwood Pacific Historical Society is hosting a Disney-themed "Train Show", open (free) to Disney World guests, from 10 AM until 5 PM on Sept. 29th, in the Carolwood Pacific Room in the DVC Villas building at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. This event will feature replicas of the FWRR and CPRR, videos, and other train related displays.

Goofy will welcome you aboard the FWRR:

IMG_8026.jpg

Wow, my hubby sure would love that, but unfortunately we won't be there yet. He took the MK train tour, and any others across the country he can. I'm sure it will be awesome - I'll not tell him what he missed ;)

Sorry that the date doesn't work for everyone. This small event is part of the annual CPHS Un-Meeting taking place at WDW the last weekend of September.

Ed, I will have my trains there. I'll try to post a report later. I'll also be at the Fort again on Halloween for TOT! :hmghost:

Just a bump to remind you locals (visiting or permanent) about the Disney Railroads Train Show Saturday - Details at the top of this thread! :cool1:

Thanks for the update Russell!

Your setup looks cool.

I need to pick up David Leaphart's third book (I think it's the green one).

Coincidently, that same weekend I rode behind a real steam locomotive for 4 hours. The #630 from the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (in Chattanooga) has an agreement with Norfolk Southern to run some excursions and do some PR for them. The #630 was built in 1904 and is a 2-8-0 Consolidation. It's a big beautiful machine.

Anyway......

Did you participate in the walking tour of the FWRR layout? I'm curious to know what was said about the wye where they built the River Country turnout. Also did they roadwalk the section between loops 300 and 1500?

Thanks,

Bama ED

Thanks, Ed. Unfortunately, I didn't do the walk this year, but I think David checks in here some so maybe he can answer your questions. Cheers!

AuntBJ, the CPHS has an "Un-Meeting" (usually a four day set of events) each year around the end of September or early October. In recent years, we have had a get-together on Saturday in the Carolwood Pacific Room at WL. Next years schedule will probably be announced around next summer. You can keep an eye on the calendar at "carolwood.com" around then. You can even join the 3000+ members worldwide who love Disney trains!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter