• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touring Plans Data to the rescue!
9,749 of the 36,780 "onsite" rooms at WDW are deluxe or deluxe villas. Obviously some of those deluxe villas can hold more than the average hotel room, but assuming 4 people per room on average (imprecise I know) you are looking at a pool of just under 39,000 people that have access to this perk vs 147,000 onsite guests
Source:https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/number-rooms

100% agree. We’re staying in GDT in Dec and paying more for that room than we’ve paid to stay in studios at Deluxe resorts. Someone noted earlier their AoA suite was $600/night - well on par with Deluxe costs. Definitely feeling left out of this perk 😂

Similar situation here. What we paid for a cabin + golf cart equals some deluxe rooms. This just feels icky.

Similar situation here. What we paid for a cabin + golf cart equals some deluxe rooms. This just feels icky.

I'm paying rack rate at the Cabins at around $450 a night. You'd be hard pressed to find any deluxe anywhere near that price now. And you really can't add the near $70 a day for a cart to the price tag to make a fair comparison. There is the odd combination here or there that might be a comparable rate between a deluxe (cheapest room you can get) to a moderate (most expensive room), but on average, it costs much more to stay at a deluxe.

And at the cabins, you have the option to significantly reduce your costs by bringing your own food and having meals in your cabin. You don't have to put money into Disney's pocket every time you eat.

GDT has a CL. Are those people really not going to get the EMH perk? If not I’d be pissed even if it wasn’t something I’d necessarily use. You’re paying a premium for those rooms. And I feel the same about the AoA suites.

Disney looks at averages spent per guest. While there may be guests at a moderate who pay more for the better rooms at a moderate than guests who get the cheapest room available at a Deluxe, overall, the per guest average is much higher and that's what they're going by.

Wait til they give Deluxe the free FP and everyone else pays.
I say Fastpass will come back in its original form, plus a slight expansion in that deluxe/ club level pay for 3 extra program. Otherwise, there isn't enough value for value and moderate guests over offsite. I think the 60 day perk comes back at least for moderate and up, but likely value too.

I say Fastpass will come back in its original form, plus a slight expansion in that deluxe/ club level pay for 3 extra program. Otherwise, there isn't enough value for value and moderate guests over offsite. I think the 60 day perk comes back at least for moderate and up, but likely value too.
Unless they make the option to purchase FP+ for resort guests only- then you have to decide if you'd prefer to stay at a value or moderate in order to buy FP or stay offsite without it.

I agree, they'll be closing earlier, and kicking us peons out of the parks. Just like with the ticketed events.

They don't do that with emh's. In fact, they don't even make them leave the parks at all. Off site guests have always been welcome to stay during emh's, free to eat, shop or just walk around. They just can't get on the rides. That would apply to lower level resorts as well no doubt.

I don't like it. They aren't giving extra to deluxe, they are giving the same while taking away from the rest.

But I'm still not paying them $600 a night for a room.

Actually they are- by limiting the number of guests allowed to attend EMH's, they will reduce the crowd levels tremendously, making for a much better park experience. It had gotten to the point that emh's were so crowded they weren't worth going to. We haven't been to one in years, but look forward to finally getting to go with reasonable crowds where you can actually accomplish something.

Unless they make the option to purchase FP+ for resort guests only- then you have to decide if you'd prefer to stay at a value or moderate in order to buy FP or stay offsite without it.
True, but I think they would want to prevent cannibalizing their own more expensive hotels. They dont want guests to stay in a value instead of a deluxe so they can spend more on extra fastpasses, I would imagine that only the deluxe's have access to pay for more Fastpasses at a hefty markup.

What's the big deal...30 minutes gets you 2 maybe 3 extra rides if run and include a spinner..:)

What's the big deal...30 minutes gets you 2 maybe 3 extra rides if run and include a spinner..:)
Two or three rides, if they're headliners, puts you hours ahead every day. And with it being offered at all the parks, the crowds will be much less at each park. It also gets you past that horrid experience that is traditional rope drop. I only wish it was starting by the time we go.

I'm paying rack rate at the Cabins at around $450 a night. You'd be hard pressed to find any deluxe anywhere near that price now. And you really can't add the near $70 a day for a cart to the price tag to make a fair comparison. There is the odd combination here or there that might be a comparable rate between a deluxe (cheapest room you can get) to a moderate (most expensive room), but on average, it costs much more to stay at a deluxe.

And at the cabins, you have the option to significantly reduce your costs by bringing your own food and having meals in your cabin. You don't have to put money into Disney's pocket every time you eat.
You can rent DVC for about $300 per night.

That raises an interesting thought.

Assuming offsite Guests are allowed to purchase FP+, we could see a move to stay off site in order to have enough cash to pay for FP+.

I'm sure Disney has looked at what has happened at Universal and is confident this won't happen. But with the end of DME and the shortening of EHM for a 30-minute head-start to get in a Standby line, staying onsite is not what it once was. My sister had her usual onsite trip booked for November, looked at what she could get offsite, and switched to a nearby offsite condo for much less than a Value Resort.

Meanwhile, a Moderate Resort like Coronado Springs is charging over $400 per night this Christmas break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter