• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

evening emh?

elan

waiting for sandal season...
Has anyone been to any of the evening emh lately? (esp Epcot and MK) Just wondering how crazy it was. Thanks.

I have not done any lately, but do tend to steer clear of EMH's, preferring to head to the parks with the smaller crowds.

I'd be very interested in hearing peoples' experiences with Evening Magic Hours, as they will be new to us next month (can't wait!!) and I'd love any insight or tips from all the great helpful folks here! :sunny:

The evening EMH we've tried at MK were totally not worth the effort. Too crowded to be much of a perk.

I think the big trick to the Evening EMH is to plan for the first hour or so to be a little crowded. There are a good number of people that stay for the first little bit but the crowds tend to shrink as the evening goes. Stick it out 'til the end and it usually turns out to be pretty good.

I found the Epcot evening EMH in mid Sept. not worth it. Lines way too long for everything. Only got to ride Test track, Soarin' and Mission:Space before it ended.

We normally stay away from the morning emh but didn't know about the evening ones. Doesn't look to promising.

We don't usually feel like the morning EMH are worth it because it is only an hour, but we enjoyed the evening EMH in July this past summer. Like the previous poster stated the first hour is still pretty crowded but after that it starts to thin out.

Enjoy your trip!

We actually aim for the morning EMH, because even though it is only an hour it's WELL worth the effort - much more so than the evening ones. It's proportional - they do an hour in the morning and three in the evening because you can do about the same amount of rides in those time periods (kinda like the parks being open later in summer).

Think of it this way - people have to make an effort and plan for the morning EMH much more so than for the evening. You have to know in advance which park is on which morning, get up and get there at a certain time. For the evening, if you just happened to be in the park on the right day and heard about it, you could decide to stay on the spur of the moment. Plus, a lot of people like to sleep in on vacation (which is why mornings - emh or not - are always fantastic until about 10:30-11 when everyone arrives).

Our experience has been morning EMH is well worth it, but evening is best avoided.

Question: During morning EMH you can't get in unless you are a resort guest. During evening EMH do they check for resort keys before you get on a ride?

for the evening, you have to go to a designated place and give them your key and they check it and give you a wristband for each resort guest.

Thanks DisneyDad! Although the park itself is more crowded, at least early on, the fact that non-resort guests do not ride must make the lines shorter, no?

I have been to evening EMH at MGM. It was so crowded at the open rides. We didn't stay until the end. Too late for us!

I was wondering about the MK EMH on Sunday evenings. Anyone been lately??

We went to two last week. Epcot was very crowded. Mgm wasnt that bad, but I think that mostly everyone was at Fantasmic when we went on rides.

Daryl said:
Thanks DisneyDad! Although the park itself is more crowded, at least early on, the fact that non-resort guests do not ride must make the lines shorter, no?

I'd have to say that my experience at Epcot showed the lines to be longer than they were during regular park hours. Our longest waits for the day were during EMH. Maybe others have seen differently. But my next trip, I will avoid all evening emh's and go to the parks that had evening emh's the night before.

Was at EMH last Sunday at MK and was able to ride everything between Jungle Cruise and Snow White in a little over a hour, only wait was less than 5 mins and that was on Splash Mountain. I was with my 2 teenagers and we had a super time!

At the beginning of October, we went to Epcot's EMH evening after we closed the MK. Since we were staying at the BC and did NOT enjoy the buses with my ECV, we figured we'd just hop the monorail over to Epcot, walk on through mostly, and head back to the hotel. What a foolish idea that would have been!

When we got to Epcot, most of the people were heading OUT while we were heading in. Things looked very beautiful at night and since so much was open, we decided to stay & do some touring at Future World. I don't remember all of what we did, though I am certain we did Soarin' (& enjoyed it, but we did enjoy it more the next time we rode it, since that night we were in Row 3, but the next time we were in row 1), Journey into Imagination with Figment, Living with the Land, and especially the Character Connection. CC was the BEST, since we were the only people in there, and the character interaction was GREAT. My wife (her first trip to Disney) had a chance to spend some QUALITY time with Pluto, Chip & Dale, Goofy, and especially Mickey. It was WONDERFUL and if EMH evening was not busy again (we went the first week of October), we'd DEFINITELY do it again in a heartbeat!

Think it all depends on (1) time of year, (2) crowd level, & (3) your expectations. For us, when things are aligned right, its DEFINITELY worth it!

Enjoy the Magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter