• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Activities for Toddler

Woodmnky

DIS Veteran
We will be in WDW in January and are trying to get a list of possible evening activities to do with a 2 yo. Obviously one answer would be to go to the parks, but I am hoping to get some other less active ideas.

I understand the Ft Wilderness has a sing a long with Chip and Dale and we have this listed as a possibility. Any other resorts have evening activities that may be well suited to us? Another other ideas?

Thanks

The Campfire and Sing a long is at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, not the Wilderness Lodge. Visiting Fort Wilderness is always a fun activity in itself. Visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge is also fun. You can go out back and use the night vision goggles to view the Animals, they have a kids parade each evening in the Lobby and they have a nice little playground to explore. You could take a boat ride from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, maybe just stop into one of the food courts and have a snack, ice cream is always good :) Visit the Boardwalk and rent a surrey bike and take a spin. You can go to the Polynesian Beach and watch the Fireworks, that's always a nice way to end the day

The Campfire and Sing a long is at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, not the Wilderness Lodge. Visiting Fort Wilderness is always a fun activity in itself. Visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge is also fun. You can go out back and use the night vision goggles to view the Animals, they have a kids parade each evening in the Lobby and they have a nice little playground to explore. You could take a boat ride from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, maybe just stop into one of the food courts and have a snack, ice cream is always good :) Visit the Boardwalk and rent a surrey bike and take a spin. You can go to the Polynesian Beach and watch the Fireworks, that's always a nice way to end the day

Thanks for the ideas. I realized my typo about the resorts and corrected it. We may definitely have to check out AKL. We will have a QSDP so a tour of the resorts sounds like fun.

While this all came about b/c we were having dinner at 'Ohana that night, we went out to the Poly beach afterwards and both of our girls had a blast. Lilo and Stitch was the movie playing and they just set up camp playing in the sand. They wound up making several friends for the night in the process. We stuck around for Wishes, but the girls were just content to keep playing in the sand and weren't really paying attention to the show.

How about visiting the new AoA resort. Just walking around looking at the Nemo, Cars, Lion King and Little Mermaid stuff.

They have also started doing movie nights at the resorts...we did popcorn and got a pizza while we watched the movie :-)

We had a great low key evening at Epcot with our DD last year when she was just shy of 3. After dinner just walked around WS and took in the sights. We hung out over in Great Britain for a bit letting her walk through the maze and listening to the British Invasion. We brought her PJs and let her change when she was tired, and then just slowly headed out and back to the resort.
Another option is a stroll around the Boardwalk and BC/YC. We did that another night on the same trip, it was a nice walk, and we got an ice cream at the Boardwalk after!

How about getting ice creams and exploring the Boardwalk? There are surrey rentals that look neat and performers in the evening.

Does anyone know if the sing-a-long at Fort Wilderness takes place every night? We are staying at Bay Lake Towers and the boat ride to FW and sing-a-long would be a perfect start to our Disney vacation on arrival day night!

The Pop Century is a very short walk across the bridge from AoA. You could eat over there one night and just look around. My youngest is 4 and loves just looking at the theme stuff that is all over the buildings.

I would also suggest taking a ride on the monorail. Both of my boys love this. If you are at the MK, just hop on, you could stop and eat dinner at one of them. There is also an electrical light pageant on the lake at night at the hotels on the monorail and WL. We saw it from the MK when we were there in June, but it was late 10pm or so. I think that is the last stop.

I wouldn't suggest miniature golf for a 2yo. My 4 yo seems a little young, so DH just takes my 6yo.

Downtown Disney is just fun to walk around. My boys have always liked going there for a bit. There is a small train and carousel there. You do have to pay for those though, but the train is always a hit. I use it for a reward for good behavior along with a treat at the goofy candy store or ghiradelli ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter