• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eurotunnel

kirsti o

Mouseketeer
Am looking at option of staying off site in campsite close by for a week.

Looking at tunnel crossings and a 7 day return ticket is £75 each way so £150

I see they have deals where you can buy 1nt return for £23 each way.

So surely it's cheaper to buy the 1nt deal and buy another for coming home and forfitting the 2 crossings not needed!

So £23 x 4 £92??

Do people do this?

Whenever we have gone by the Tunnel, we have never paid more than £100 for a return journey. I would be interested to see if anyone else has done what the OP suggested too...

Am looking at option of staying off site in campsite close by for a week. Looking at tunnel crossings and a 7 day return ticket is £75 each way so £150 I see they have deals where you can buy 1nt return for £23 each way. So surely it's cheaper to buy the 1nt deal and buy another for coming home and forfitting the 2 crossings not needed! So £23 x 4 £92?? Do people do this?

You will not be able to return on a ticket if you have not used the out portion. You will need to pay the full single price for the return journey

Whenever we have gone by the Tunnel, we have never paid more than £100 for a return journey.

Same here :thumbsup2

Rightly or wrongly....I always book the cheapest time slots, and just turn up whenever I get there. In 10 years, I think I was charged extra once (approx. £7) for arriving early/late.

Good thinking guys.

And yes I'd book to separate complete journeys!

So going on day 1 with a return on day 2 (which I won't use)
And then a crossing from Calais on day 7 with a return booked for day 8 (which again I won't use)

That's 4 journeys at £23 each

Still cheaper than the £75 each way to make a return 7 days after departure

Good thinking guys. And yes I'd book to separate complete journeys! So going on day 1 with a return on day 2 (which I won't use) And then a crossing from Calais on day 7 with a return booked for day 8 (which again I won't use) That's 4 journeys at £23 each Still cheaper than the £75 each way to make a return 7 days after departure

Seriously don't do this your return won't work. You will have to purchase a single return not a £23 journey or they will not let you use the ticket.

You will not be able to return on a ticket if you have not used the out portion. You will need to pay the full single price for the return journey

Seriously don't do this your return won't work. You will have to purchase a single return not a £23 journey or they will not let you use the ticket.

Totally agree with this. My uncle is a manager for Eurotunnel and has said that if you do not use the return when you are meant to you will pay full fare and it will know you haven't returned when you say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter