Eurostar from DLP

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I know this is not exactly about DLP, but I thought some people in this threat might know.

We are looking to leave from DLP and take a late Eurostar train all the way to London. On the Eurostar website it has a train we can take with a layover in Lille, France. We would have 30 minutes to switch trains. Does anyone know where we would do customs? Would it be at Marne-la-Vallee or Lille station? I'm worried we would not have enough time to switch trains.

Also, am I correct that there are large lockers for luggage at the Marne-la-Vallee station?

I know this is not exactly about DLP, but I thought some people in this threat might know.

We are looking to leave from DLP and take a late Eurostar train all the way to London. On the Eurostar website it has a train we can take with a layover in Lille, France. We would have 30 minutes to switch trains. Does anyone know where we would do customs? Would it be at Marne-la-Vallee or Lille station? I'm worried we would not have enough time to switch trains.

Also, am I correct that there are large lockers for luggage at the Marne-la-Vallee station?

I can't help on the train part but I can confirm the large lockers at the Marne la Vallee station- I just used one the other day when I arrived via SNCF from the airport. The best way to describe it is they are on the top level of the train station (above ground level) in the corner diagonally opposite the Disney Express Check-In counter. Every item you bring into the area, even if it's not going to be left in the locker must go through a scanner (just like at an airport) and they have lockers in all different sizes. The one I used could have easily held 2 normal thickness 27" suitcases for 9.50 Euros for 24 hours.

Last edited:
I have previously come from from DLP on an indirect train stopping in Lille and I can confirm you do clear customs / pasport control there, not at Marne la Vallee.

There's not much to it - you go up the stairs from the platform your train arrives on at Lille, then pretty much do a U-turn to head towards the stairs back down to the separate Eurostar platforms, and the passport check is at the top of those stairs.

Most people on our train were either leaving at Lille or changing to other French services, so there weren't many people going on to London which meant no wait to get our passports checked, which was good, because while we were supposed to have 45 mins between trains, we arrived 20 minutes late in Lille, so we were cutting it fine!

May I add a few questions to this thread? We are also taking the Eurostar to London from Disney with the change at Lille. We also have a 30 min layover. Is that going to be enough time to go through customs? What happens if we miss our train to London? Also the train from Disney to Lille is run by SNCF, how does seating work on that train? We have assigned seating on the Eurostar, but there was no information about the SNCF train.

Thank you

I e-mailed Eurostar with my questions. I'm copying my questions and their response here in case it helps anyone else.

My question: I'm looking into taking a late train from Disneyland Paris to London for our trip in July. The website shows that we can do that but we will need to change trains in Lille Europe. The connection shows 34 minutes. Will that be enough time to change trains? What happens if there is a delay on the first train? It appears we'd be on the last train out of Lille, so I'm worried about being stuck somewhere. We will have luggage and 2 kids with us.

Response:
Lille Europe is quite a small station with just 2 platforms, it is the only Eurostar station where a shorter connection time is absolutely fine. You will literally be getting off one train and then either be going back up or down to connect with your next train, it may even be the same platform. There is a lift at the station if needed.

When you make a booking involving both Eurostar and a TGV you are covered by the international conditions of carriage which means you are automatically accommodated on the next available service without charge. If it is the last train of the day they do their best to make sure everyone can get home that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter