Eurostar expensive for my dates - how else to get to DLP from Devon?

grad06 said:
Good luck with the driving lessons and buying a car.:cool1:

Thanks trouble with saving for a car, there's always something that needs paying for in house/bills to stop the saving. Currently it's school uniform as my son starts reception 6th sept. already spent 44 on 3 jumpers, p.e top

Hi
I know it's a silly question but have you tried booking it from Ashford or Ebsfleet instead? We normally go from Ashford but I have recently found it cheaper to go from Ebsfleet instead, I'm wondering if they allocate so many of the cheaper tickets to each station?, even though its the same train. Or what about going in-direct?
I realise this means you having to travel further but its just a thought.

Apologies if it's already been suggested I'm at work and only skimming the replies!

Good luck it would be a shame to miss out.:grouphug:

MummyMinnie said:
Hi
I know it's a silly question but have you tried booking it from Ashford or Ebsfleet instead? We normally go from Ashford but I have recently found it cheaper to go from Ebsfleet instead, I'm wondering if they allocate so many of the cheaper tickets to each station?, even though its the same train. Or what about going in-direct?
I realise this means you having to travel further but its just a thought.

Apologies if it's already been suggested I'm at work and only skimming the replies!

Good luck it would be a shame to miss out.:grouphug:

Hi yeah it's all 403 return for uk school holidays. I thought about in direct but tickets don't come out until 90 days before and that will be leaving it to late if the price is same as direct

There are sometimes flights with good times from Bournemouth, we live in Dorset and are looking at flights for our trip next year.

Which co flies from Bournemouth please

No one as far as I know - I remember Thomson announcing flights for a summer a fair few years ago, think it was 2005 or 2006, but it can't have been profitable as they cancelled the route. The nearest is Flybe from Southampton to Orly on a codeshare with Air France.

Hi yeah it's all 403 return for uk school holidays. I thought about in direct but tickets don't come out until 90 days before and that will be leaving it to late if the price is same as direct

Indirect is usually cheaper so long as you book as soon as the dates are released. You pay a premium for the convenience of going direct in school holidays.

Was going to suggest checking the Flybe prices from Southampton but Ware Bears beat me to it :)

i will fly from anywhere that works out cheaper then eurostar. flying from exeter is just stupid as its over 400,

I'm not sure if I've got your dates right (guessed from your ticker) but this is a dummy booking from Exeter

Departing
Flight No. BE3503 Depart Exeter Mon 18 Feb 13 11:25 Essentials
Operated by Flybe Arrive Paris CDG Mon 18 Feb 13 13:55
Total Journey time - 1 hour 30 minutes
Fare rules Baggage Rules

Coming back
Flight No. BE3504 Depart Paris CDG Fri 22 Mar 13 14:40 Essentials
Operated by Flybe Arrive Exeter Fri 22 Mar 13 15:10
Fare rules Baggage Rules
Booking for 2 passengers
£44.82 Airfare per adult or child
£87.57 Taxes & Charges per adult or child
For 1 Adult , 1 Child (under 12 years) Total airfare and taxes £264.78

Lots of people have travelled with hand luggage only to keep the costs down, don't know if that's an option for you?

From Southampton it's cheaper but you've then got to factor in the time and costs getting to and from there

Departing
Flight No. BE3045 Depart Southampton Mon 18 Feb 13 14:30 Essentials
Operated by Flybe Arrive Paris Orly Ouest Mon 18 Feb 13 16:50
Total Journey time - 1 hour 20 minutes
Fare rules Baggage Rules

Coming back
Flight No. BE3048 Depart Paris Orly Ouest Fri 22 Mar 13 21:15 Essentials
Operated by Flybe Arrive Southampton Fri 22 Mar 13 21:35
Total Journey time - 1 hour 20 minutes
Fare rules Baggage Rules
Booking for 2 passengers
£16.00 Airfare per adult or child
£76.44 Taxes & Charges per adult or child
For 1 Adult , 1 Child (under 12 years) Total airfare and taxes £184.88

I'm not sure if I've got your dates right (guessed from your ticker) but this is a dummy booking from Exeter

Departing
Fare rules Baggage Rules

Coming back
Fare rules Baggage Rules
Booking for 2 passengers

Lots of people have travelled with hand luggage only to keep the costs down, don't know if that's an option for you?

Around £240 from southampton to orly with flybe

Ohh i see your post above which works out even cheaper... Cool :) £184 isn't a bad price at all. Of course you then have to add travel from the airport etc...

Although if you were to go from Southampton it is sometimes better to book with Air France as you have a luggage allowance included with them

AF1871 - Voyageur14:30 Southampton, Eastleigh (SOU) - United Kingdom
16:50 Paris, Orly (ORY) - France - TERMINAL W Operated by : Flybe Aircraft : DH8-Q400Inflight meal served : information not available Class : Rduration : 01h20mn non stopBaggage allowance : 1 authorized item of baggage of 23 kg/50 lbs or less
Your return flight : Paris - Southampton Friday 22 February 2013
AF1970 - Voyageur21:15 Paris, Orly (ORY) - France - TERMINAL W
21:35 Southampton, Eastleigh (SOU) - United Kingdom Operated by : Flybe Aircraft : DH8-Q400Inflight meal served : information not available Class : Rduration : 01h20mn non stopBaggage allowance : 1 authorized item of baggage of 23 kg/50 lbs or less

You can find all information regarding the weight or number of baggage items allowed, as well as the price
for additional baggage allowance, under Preparing your trip > Baggage.
Total due : £ 263.48
Price Taxes Service Fee Passengers Total including taxes
£ 23 + £ 108.74 + £ 0 x 1 Adult = £ 131.74
£ 23 + £ 108.74 + £ 0 x 1 Child = £ 131.74
Total : £ 263.48

Not cheaper at the moment though. Don't know if it's the same for all routes but I find from Southampton Flybe is the cheaper to book through when the dates are first releleased, once they've start rising it's better to book with Air France.

I think Gemma's looking for fares for 2 adults and one child.

I think Gemma's looking for fares for 2 adults and one child.

ok, for that from southampton

Dep 14:30 Arr 16:50
BE3045 £46.44
incl. taxes & charge

Dep 17:20 Arr 17:40
BE3046 £51.00
incl. taxes & charges

Total £292.32

ah no Elaine, you were being really helpful :). Its just that it looks like the airfare from a local airport to Gemma is going to end up being about as expensive as the direct Eurostar quote she got would be.

DLPdaft said:
ah no Elaine, you were being really helpful :). Its just that it looks like the airfare from a local airport to Gemma is going to end up being about as expensive as the direct Eurostar quote she got would be.

I did a dummy for oct school holidays for indirect and it's coming up 226 which is only 39 more than the direct service out of school holidays. But it means waiting until 90 days before

Ware Bears said:

Departing
Fare rules Baggage Rules

Coming back
Fare rules Baggage Rules
Booking for 2 passengers

Here you have me as going for over a month?? I'm sure it's only 4nights ;-)

I did a dummy for oct school holidays for indirect and it's coming up 226 which is only 39 more than the direct service out of school holidays. But it means waiting until 90 days before

how much will it cost you to get from Devon to London and back for the Eurostar?

Just thinking, you could price it all up (indirect Eurostar and transfers, versus flights and transfers) and then wait until the indirect fares are released, see which one works better for you? I don't know the pattern for sales on flybe/air france though. Maybe 3 months before travel the flights would be more expensive (I just wait for a sale price on Easyjet and then book it).

Also, if you're travelling into London anyway for the Eurostar, would it work out cheaper travelling on to a London airport and flying from there to Paris?

DLPdaft said:
how much will it cost you to get from Devon to London and back for the Eurostar?

Just thinking, you could price it all up (indirect Eurostar and transfers, versus flights and transfers) and then wait until the indirect fares are released, see which one works better for you? I don't know the pattern for sales on flybe/air france though. Maybe 3 months before travel the flights would be more expensive (I just wait for a sale price on Easyjet and then book it).

Also, if you're travelling into London anyway for the Eurostar, would it work out cheaper travelling on to a London airport and flying from there to Paris?

The flights from London to Paris in currently getting are 191 for all 3 then will have to get transfers. Will look tonight on train from Torquay- London and price it all up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter