• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

European Cruises 2017 - What have you heard?

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Looking for semi-legitimate chatter - like finding the ship on a port schedule, or hearing from someone high up at DCL.
:hyper2: :chat: :mic:
(Because I know I'm not the only one who likes to daydream DCL! :earsboy:)

I'm waiting on this news as well. It's easier to dream about a cruise when it has a date and itinerary!

Not terribly helpful info, but I asked a few days ago aboard the Magic and the cruise agent said they don't know either and are expecting a late March release

On the Unofficial DCL Blog someone stated that the Magic is going to be in Civitavecchia (Rome) for 5 dates starting in mid-August. That would be a few weeks later than the Med. cruises started this year.

I don't really understand why they are so slow with dates releases. Everybody else is able to do it much quicker.

On the Unofficial DCL Blog someone stated that the Magic is going to be in Civitavecchia (Rome) for 5 dates starting in mid-August. That would be a few weeks later than the Med. cruises started this year.
We have a Med 2017 on the radar so I've been watching the dates for a bit. I show the first 7 night sailing for 2016 is 8/13/2016 so by comparing the info shared on the Blog, it says first date for Rome shows Aug 15th (a Tuesday) and going by this years schedule, the first sailing would be 8/12/2016 so right on schedule, correct? Just making sure I'm not seeing something different from you as you mentioned you felt they started later next year potentially. The 12 night starts 8/1/16 but from a pricing standpoint we wouldn't do that one and since they removed Greece from the itinerary and the price for the 12 night was slightly insane (at least for us). We'd need to take that mid August one as usually my DS starts school towards the end of August and we'd need to be home. I'm estimating my DS will start around 8/29/17 but won't know until at least December 2016.

Heather

We have a Med 2017 on the radar so I've been watching the dates for a bit. I show the first 7 night sailing for 2016 is 8/13/2016 so by comparing the info shared on the Blog, it says first date for Rome shows Aug 15th (a Tuesday) and going by this years schedule, the first sailing would be 8/12/2016 so right on schedule, correct? Just making sure I'm not seeing something different from you as you mentioned you felt they started later next year potentially. The 12 night starts 8/1/16 but from a pricing standpoint we wouldn't do that one and since they removed Greece from the itinerary and the price for the 12 night was slightly insane (at least for us). We'd need to take that mid August one as usually my DS starts school towards the end of August and we'd need to be home. I'm estimating my DS will start around 8/29/17 but won't know until at least December 2016.

Heather

First Rome date this year is Aug. 4th--so that's why I said later, as technically this is the first Med. sailing of the season. I'm guessing they are going to do a month of 7 night Med. sailings summer of 2017 with no longer Med. cruises as they still don't know how things are going to pan out in Turkey/ Greece. That leaves about 2 1/2 months to do other sailings-- they are adding at least 1 new port, so I'm curious to see if they are going to add any new itineraries!

First Rome date this year is Aug. 4th--so that's why I said later, as technically this is the first Med. sailing of the season. I'm guessing they are going to do a month of 7 night Med. sailings summer of 2017 with no longer Med. cruises as they still don't know how things are going to pan out in Turkey/ Greece. That leaves about 2 1/2 months to do other sailings-- they are adding at least 1 new port, so I'm curious to see if they are going to add any new itineraries!
I assumed that's what you were looking at so I'm glad we match up. Agreed, eagerly awaiting where else they might add with Amsterdam thrown in and I'll put it to the "stars" I'd love them to do Venice again :)

Heather

Venice is usually used for eastern med cruises, and dcl is probably not doing that in 2017.
So they'll probably do a couple northern europe, maybe another British isles (?) before a dover-barcelona repo and then the standard 7-night med cruises.

I don't really understand why they are so slow with dates releases. Everybody else is able to do it much quicker.
My thought on this, and is just my thoughts as I have no direct connection with the DCL people, is by waiting until everyone else releases prices DCL can see what others are charging, let their actuator's work their pricing magic and figure out how much they can charge us before we decide it's no longer worth it.

When did the other cruise lines come out with the Summer 2017 schedules?

Some are out, some aren't out yet. I don't think RC or Princess are out yet, but HA and Azamara and several of the high end (Regent, Crystal) are out also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter