Europe Cruise

Would I personally take my children on a Med cruise right now?? No, I would not. Before we had kids, I wouldn't have hesitated, however, having children changes perspectives. And I would personally prefer not to cruise there at this time.
Just my opinion.

Well I live in the UK (I'm Canadian) and I think it's about as safe as anywhere else. I firmly believe that I'm more likely to be hurt or killed driving my kids to Canterbury for gymnastics later today than being hurt in a terrorist attack, and my DH and I lived in London back on 7/7/05 (I worked at Euston Station, close to St Pancras, Tavistock Sq and Russell Square).

We went to Paris twice last year (June, after Charlie Hebdo and December, so after the Nov 13 attacks) and found that we felt safe with the hyper vigilance. Same goes for Rome when I took my son there in January.

That said I'm a big believer in doing what makes YOU feel safe and comfortable. There are places in the world I absolutely would not go (as a solo woman, or with my DH, or as a family) but that others are happy to go visit. There's going out of your comfort zone, and there's genuinely feeling unsafe and not enjoying yourself because of it, but only you (and I mean the general "you") can make that call.

Last edited:
That said I'm a big believer in doing what makes YOU feel safe and comfortable.

I concur on this point with the caveat that you should work on eliminating irrational fears that affect your life. I wouldn't change my vacation plans because of the actions of a handful of sickos. Are there countries I would not travel to? Yes. But western Europe is still one of the safest places in the world. But whatever the OP decides, I wish them Happy Travels!

We were interested not for the sea but ports. Most people don't get the chance to see a lot of the world. We've been very fortunate to see and do. We love cruising so much, we just started October 13 and just finished our 7th.I'm just trying to take my family on a memorable vacation without being worried the whole time.Yes, there are unsafe places everywhere but when you're not familiar with a country you're a little hesitant. I think opinions vary especially depending where you're from. We're from small town USA so maybe that will shed some light on my concern LOL.

And I think as others said do what you feel comfortable with. The U.K. Is a very safe place but things can happen anywhere. I work in a government department in the uk and our threat level hasn't actually changed since the attacka if that helps at all. We were advised to avoid certain countries such as Tunisia and Brussels did flag up as one right after the attacks but it went again so I do know people who have travelled there this week - and my cousin lives in Bruges. Not to be flippant but the safest place right now is probably Brussels as they are on alert after the attack but you have to feel happy with your decision. Europe is as safe as the US in my opinion - although with your gun laws it might even be safer over here lol. If you do decide to do the British isle cruise it will be amazing if not maybe a little grey with our wonderful unpredictable weather but I would choose based on how you feel. Look at us travel authority site (I'm assuming you guys have one like we do) and read what they are recommending as they have all the info. And remember it's your holiday! Being nervous for two weeks or so doesn't sound fun to me.

Hi, we were considering doing the British Isle Cruise. In light of recent events in Brussels we are thinking it's not a great idea. We've read about attacks on Mediterranean excursions. (NOT on any Disney cruise) Just wondering if anyone else was still planning on traveling over seas or not.

We did the British Isles cruise last year on Princess. Sure, the whole time we were in London we were aware something might/could happen, but we had a great time. Heck, you can experience that in our country now as we've been attacked so many times. So why not still travel and see what you can see. If you don't think you are safe anywhere, no one would ever leave home.

I can't recommend this cruise enough -- it was one of our favorites and we saw so much. The countries were great, the landscapes breathtaking and the people awesome. Oh, and the food ain't bad either.

If our cruise were this August instead of last year, we'd still be going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter