ETWB RD question

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
So everyone is saying about how important it is to be fast walking straight to belle or be stuck in a 20-30 min wait.

My question is, if half of my group is at Royal Table breakfast and gets there first will we be allowed to get in with them?

I am not going to have my 65 year old mother hurt herself running to this. She can't stay in the sun for a long period of time and I also know that the GAC is not allowed here.

I know this may be taboo.

So everyone is saying about how important it is to be fast walking straight to belle or be stuck in a 20-30 min wait.

My question is, if half of my group is at Royal Table breakfast and gets there first will we be allowed to get in with them?

Only if those arriving from the front gates can get there and find the rest of the group before they open the doors.

AND- the group from breakfast moves back to join the front gate later-arrivals when they get there.

Later-arriving guests pushing through the other waiting guests to
"meet the rest of their party" is not considered proper and fair.

Been there last week, and there's not much time before you get into Belle's house. I mean that there is no waiting outside for the first group. So, if they arrive first, they would be let in really fast and I see very difficult catching up.

Just a detail, there are actually 2 rope drops. One at the front of the park, and one once you pass through the Castle. So if your party is already in the park, they can be there for that second RD, and the walk (or run) from there is much shorter.

Mx

Robo said:
Only if those arriving from the front gates can get there and find the rest of the group before they open the doors.

AND- the group from breakfast moves back to join the front gate later-arrivals when they get there.

Later-arriving guests pushing through the other waiting guests to
"meet the rest of their party" is not considered proper and fair.

Robo

I would let you in front of me anytime.

Your maps and info are so worth it.

Like I said this maybe taboo.

We made a bee line at rope drop two days ago and wound up finding a 50 minute wait right at RD. There is NO SHADE in the queue.

Robo

I would let you in front of me anytime.

Your maps and info are so worth it.

Like I said this maybe taboo.

What a nice thing to say!!

(I wouldn't want to take your place in line, though,
but I'd be happy for your offer!)

Do people on disboards use a fasspass runner?

I am wondering if everyone here goes together to get fasspasses or does one person usually get them while the rest of your group gets into line of the next attraction.

I would think this would not be allowed as then the fasspass runner is butting in front of others to meet with their family.

Does anyone here think a fasspass runner is also taboo?

Would that be the same thing?

1- Do people on disboards use a fasspass runner?

2- I am wondering if everyone here goes together to get fasspasses or does one person usually get them

3- while the rest of your group gets into line of the next attraction.

4- I would think this would not be allowed as then the fasspass runner is butting in front of others to meet with their family.

1- Yes.

2- Yes.

3- Nope. The rest of the group walks to the next attraction, but WAITS until the FP "runner"
meets up with them BEFORE they get in the line. (The FP "runner" just saves everyone from
having to walk across the park to go grab FP's at a distant attraction.)
The entire group would then enter the standby line of the walk-up attraction together.

4- Correct.

Fastpass runners don't typically cut in line to catch up with their party members. Our experience has been that the party members wait for the Fastpass runner before getting in line, or the Fastpass runner skips a ride.

Years ago when TSM first opened, people tried to do this all the time, FP person cut back in line with family...they had a CM stationed there, telling people that they couldn't. Currently noone watches TSM...but there is a CM stationed at the entrance to ETWB, so assuming they were filling the same role.

For your particular situation, you could talk to the CM at the entrance, explain your situation, ask if the group gets in line now (all standing there together), if your mother (and someone to help her) could assist her in getting back in line to join the group. She could sit elsewhere, waiting for a phone call from family saying they are getting close to entering Belle's house.

Or use a wheelchair (they will provide) + umbrella.

NO way would I allow a group of people move ahead of me in a line, especially an in-demand ride. One person, or one with a child, I don't care.

And the only person who reported that he couldn't use their GAC at ETWB went during one of the preview period, others have said there is now an alternated entrance for those with a GAC (if that is what your GAC says you need).

I am wondering if everyone here goes together to get fasspasses or does one person usually get them while the rest of your group gets into line of the next attraction.

I would think this would not be allowed as then the fasspass runner is butting in front of others to meet with their family.

Well they're not in line. I am the runner but never muscle into a line to meet up w/ my family. They just use the time I am gone to get FP to pick up a snack or shop a bit.

I am not going to have my 65 year old mother hurt herself running to this. She can't stay in the sun for a long period of time and I also know that the GAC is not allowed here.

I know this may be taboo.

We went on a not so busy day (2/6), made both RDs fast walking directly to ETWB and not stopping for a FP. We still had to wait 20 mins. The wait grew quickly.

What a nice thing to say!!

(I wouldn't want to take your place in line, though,
but I'd be happy for your offer!)

I hope you didn't think I was trying to be sarcastic. I wasn't.

I think your input in this board alone has earned you more respect then just about any member I know of on this board.

The only other member I can think of that I respect similar is Chesire Figment.

I think most others would totally agree.

I seriously think you should start a blog or web site and charge a small fee.

Your comments can be as funny as josh (easywdw) and you have more knowledge then touring plans and tour guide mike for sure.

Again not kidding. Much respect. Ok Brown nosing done.

I was just trying to figure out how to get my mother in with the grandchildren without waiting in the sun. I think our best option is to wait till sun down for this attraction.

Just a detail, there are actually 2 rope drops. One at the front of the park, and one once you pass through the Castle. So if your party is already in the park, they can be there for that second RD, and the walk (or run) from there is much shorter.

Do you mean sometimes MK opens early, but the crowd is then held until official opening at a 2nd rope drop at the Castle? I think I've read that before.

So in this case, it sounds like everyone ends up starting from the Castle anyway. Wouldn't the Royal Table crowd then end up starting at the Castle along with the front gate 2nd rope drop crowd? In which case you would all meet up at that point?

I think I'm missing something....

1- Do you mean sometimes MK opens early, but the crowd is then held until official opening at a 2nd rope drop at the Castle?

2- I think I've read that before.

3- So in this case, it sounds like everyone ends up starting from the Castle anyway.

4- Wouldn't the Royal Table crowd then end up starting at the Castle along with the front gate 2nd rope drop crowd?

5- In which case you would all meet up at that point?

6- I think I'm missing something....

1- That can happen. I think it may not happen very often in the future.

2- Yes. I've even posted it myself quite a few times.

3- More or less.

4- The CRT participants would (tend to) be at the FRONT of the now-forming line
of guests waiting to be let into Fantasyland.
With hundreds (to thousands) of newly-arriving guests growing in a mass behind them.

5- Unless your group from the front gates was among the first to get to the castle,
you'd be less likely to be able to find/get to your companions who
were at the head of the pack.

6- All that said, it will likely not be the case that you will encounter a morning
with the "second rope drop" at MK much in the future,
as Disney has decreased those situations due to crowd management problems in the past.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to be sarcastic. I wasn't.

I think your input in this board alone has earned you more respect then just about any member I know of on this board.

Aw, shucks. :wave2:

Thank you, again, for the kind thoughts.
I'm just one of SO MANY posters who take the time to offer their Disney
knowledge on these DISboards.
I have my areas of expertise, and many others bring their own unique perspective in those and other areas of knowledge and experience.

The Disboards is, by far and away, THE most complete wealth of collective Disney Parks accurate information found on the planet.

You've come to the right place to get a wealth of Disney knowledge.

1- That can happen. I think it may not happen very often in the future.

2- Yes. I've even posted it myself quite a few times.

3- More or less.

4- The CRT participants would (tend to) be at the FRONT of the now-forming line
of guests waiting to be let into Fantasyland.
With hundreds (to thousands) of newly-arriving guests growing in a mass behind them.

5- Unless your group from the front gates was among the first to get to the castle,
you'd be less likely to be able to find/get to your companions who
were at the head of the pack.

6- All that said, it will likely not be the case that you will encounter a morning
with the "second rope drop" at MK much in the future,
as Disney has decreased those situations due to crowd management problems in the past.

Ah, that clarifies things. Thanks Robo! :goodvibes

Does anyone here think a fasspass runner is also taboo?

Would that be the same thing?

FYI, since FP was brought up on a thread about ETwB, I should point out that ETwB doesn't have FP (yet).

We have a FP runner, usually my son and I since he loves running through the parks. The ladies take their time everywhere. That is not taboo, it is saving the feet of the rest of your party.

I heard (not from personal experience) that the lines are shorter just before park closing for STWB as well. Maybe someone else has seen this and can post. That may be a solution. Being after sunset or later in the day would also help the sun exposure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter