• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Etiquette question

1slowdaddy

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Bay Lake Towers in early March. I am an avid runner and have a marathon about 6 weeks later. I love to enjoy the scenery and explore while running. Since there is no way to safely run from BLT to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian, I have considered taking the monorail. My runs would be around 6 a.m. and be 45-90 minutes. I sweat profusely. Would it be rude, offensive and inappropriate to take the monorail to the other resorts to run those trails on a few days, or acceptable and no big deal? Running the loop over and over at the Contemporary seems quite dull, but I do not want to be offensive, either. Thanks for your input.

No unacceptable at all. There are awesome places to run at Disney! I loved the trails around Saratoga and downtown Disney.

You may also want to take the boat to WL and run the trails between it and fort wilderness. Great running paths over there!

I am thinking of all the sweaty people I have seen from just standing around during the summer and I think you will be ok!

I am thinking of all the sweaty people I have seen from just standing around during the summer and I think you will be ok!

I thought the same thing!

OP, have some great runs on your upcoming vacation with all the great scenery!

We are staying at the Bay Lake Towers in early March. I am an avid runner and have a marathon about 6 weeks later. I love to enjoy the scenery and explore while running. Since there is no way to safely run from BLT to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian, I have considered taking the monorail. My runs would be around 6 a.m. and be 45-90 minutes. I sweat profusely. Would it be rude, offensive and inappropriate to take the monorail to the other resorts to run those trails on a few days, or acceptable and no big deal? Running the loop over and over at the Contemporary seems quite dull, but I do not want to be offensive, either. Thanks for your input.

I would confirm that the monorails are running at 6 a.m. I thought that they start at 6:30 a.m. and don't arrive at resorts until 6:45 or later.

The Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Camp Ground have low traffic trails to run on.

Due to construction, the trails between Polynesian and Grand Floridian are blocked.

Do it! I don't find that rude at all. Sweaty or not you still probable smell better than half of the people I met this weekend there..LOL. I think monorails start at 7 am, except for special events like this weekend... 3 am for the half and full marathon, double check when you are there. Run, run, run!!:bitelip:

not rude at all. i agree, early morning sweat wont smell nearly as bad as all day cooking in the sun sweat :D

Thanks for the advice! I will check the monorail times and have go at it. I have ran at Wilderness Lodge and at the Epcot resorts before. So, I look forward to these new trails.

Thanks for the advice! I will check the monorail times and have go at it. I have ran at Wilderness Lodge and at the Epcot resorts before. So, I look forward to these new trails.

If I am not too late for your trip... Make an effort to to the Contemporary loop but add the MK to it. I run early enough so buses are not an issue but the course crosses World as though you were walking to MK. Once you pass the ferry area, veer to the left and run to the left of the monorail ramps. The path you are looking for has the single boat launch (Poly of GF I think). Follow the path past the launch and it dead ends at the water parade canal. It's all on the octogan bricks and can be a little wavy but a great 1.2 mile adder.

It's not as if the monorail's natural smell is "daisy fresh" anyway! LOL

Would it be rude, offensive and inappropriate to take the monorail to the other resorts to run those trails on a few days, or acceptable and no big deal? Running the loop over and over at the Contemporary seems quite dull, but I do not want to be offensive, either. Thanks for your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter