Etiquette for attending twin's bday party

SC_TwiMom

Earning My Ears
Ok, my son, age5, has been invited to a bday party for 2 little girls in his class. The girls are twins and are turning 5. My question is, if I get them The Princess and the Frog together, and then a My Little Pony for each, is that okay? This is the first time this situation has come up, and I was unsure about joint presents, giving the same things, etc. Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I am a twin and I wouldn't be offended if my brother and i had gotten a gift like that when we were little. I think it is a good idea :thumbsup2

I think it's a great idea, and I am sure both girls will appreciate they both got gifts.

We have a similar situation where my oldest is bf with a twin, but really has nothing to do with the other twin. The parents hold joint birthday parties and the kids can each pick 5 friends to invite (the twins have completely diff groups of friends). We bring a gift for the one ds is friends with, not for both, but do a token something for the other twin. Our invite is always worded that we are being invited to xx's birthday, never to xx & yy's birthday but they are always held together. So there's how we handle that situation as well. :goodvibes

As a twin mom, I think that is a great idea!

My twins are still babies, but this is a bridge we will be crossing eventually. It will be interesting for me to see what others think.

As a mom of 9 year twin boys I think it is good.:thumbsup2My boys don't seem to mind.

Sounds like a great idea! I actually suggest group gifts for all of my kids when family asks - I'd rather they spend $50 on a Wii game for everyone, than a $10 toy for each of them (Wii games are small, too!). Being in a large family, my kids are amazing sharers with each other.

I think it's a great idea that the little girls will love!! Even my son and daughter (3 years apart) sometimes get "joint" gifts from family on holidays. :)

Good idea but I would make sure you included the receipt in case they already have the movie!

I think it is really wonderful that you would include a pony for each in addition to the film. Perfect and thoughtful!!!

(From yet another twin mom...)

What a thoughtful Mom you are. :flower3:
That is a great idea, and to be honest, most of the gifts my boys (yup, twins) get are a "group" gift. They would rather get a video or game together that the whole family can enjoy. At Christmas most of their gifts are labeled "The boys" which also includes little brother. We have no problems.

I have identical twin nieces and I always do a joint gift and seperate gifts for them so I think your idea is perfect!

Not a mom to twins here but putting in my 2 cents :goodvibes

It would not (and has not) upset my kids if they would receive xmas gifts that are joint gifts.

I think it also has to do with what/how they are brought up. My kids have been taught to share everything from day one (wish they would skip sharing germs :lmao:) Doesn't matter who's name is on the gift, they know that everyone will be allowed to play with it. Nothing for us to get a meal,soda, candy, ice cream and share it.
We have friends that have girls 2 years apart and cannot/will not share nothing. It amazes me when we do an outing out together. I stand there and watch 3/4 of 2 sodas ($3.50 each) get pitched into the trash, because one of them was thirsty so the other one had to have one too, both knowing that whatever was left was going to get tossed out when we got to the end of the line or when we had to enter the building. :sad2:

I have "virtual" twins (3 months apart) and I think that is a great idea. Each child gets something individual and something to share. I often tell people to buy gifts for my DD and DS that they can share.

mom of twin girls here also..almost 7 and they always argue..anyone else having this problem? seems like they fight more than they get along..

I think giving them something they can use (watch) together and then 2 small separate presents is wonderful. I once had someone give my twins 1 Star Wars pillow and 1 sling bag to share. It was horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter