Ethnic or cultural cuisine that is missing in Epcot

old lady

DIS Veteran
What ethnic or cultural food would you like to have or is missing in Epcot since there is only a couple of nations represented in the park? I have been in Brazilian restaurants and Vietnamese ones so I must enjoy the food.

I would love to see:

Australia/New Zealand
South American (Brazil or Peru in particular)
Indian/Tibetan

I think the issue would be that food is a complement to the actual "experience" of feeling like you are in that country (With some imagination). This means they either expand the park, replace an existing country or replace something in Future world with the new "country". Any of those actions carry an expense for Disney and I find it hard to believe you could show an ROI.

Dreaming is free though :)

There's actually plenty of open pavilion slots in the World Showcase to add more countires:
worldshowcase_sites.gif

(Pulled this from a 2013 thread on another site, so other posters feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

It wouldn't be much of a lift for Disney Corp, since the space is already there, they just need to fill it. That's where the Imagineering staff comes in. Current representation: 5 European countries, 2 North American countries, 2 Asian countries, 1 Central American country, and 1 African country (Morocco) and one other African-type of "country" (I used quotation marks, since the country isn't really identified and it's pretty much a pass-through rather than an actual immersive pavilion).

Personally, I would love to see a Peruvian or Brazilian pavilion (they could have a steakhouse much like Texas de Brazil/Tucanos, where the watiers serve carved meats from a sword), Southeast Asian such as Thailand (mmm, Thai food), Australia/New Zealand (think of the sheeps wool merchandising potential!), Spain (the dancing!), and they could expand the UK pavilion to include more of Scotland/Ireland/Wales.

Last edited:
And what about regional American foods at the American pavilion? It would be cool if they had a lil' something from each state! Cheesesteaks for PA (home state!), (TX BBQ), you get the pic...

And what about regional American foods at the American pavilion? It would be cool if they had a lil' something from each state! Cheesesteaks for PA (home state!), (TX BBQ), you get the pic...

:offtopic:I live right off Passyunk, about a five minute walk to Geno's and Pats!

I'll put in a vote for Ghana (but would be so happy with any W. African country) - jollof rice makes the world a better place.

YES PLEASE..Pansit or Panzit or pancit or however you spell it yes. One of my Filipino coworkers always brings this delicious noodle dish to potluck and it is just amazing.
Haha if you think pancit is good you should try some of our other dishes. ;)

Have you ever had chicken and/or pork adobo? It's like our unofficial national dish.

It would be nice if they get rid of "China" and replace it with something better.
I wish that instead, the Chinese food would be authentic. Put thousand year eggs or stinky tofu on the menu, and add some hot pot with interesting ingredients, etc. Fuzzy tongue chicken! (Not sure what it's really called, but with prickly ash/sichuan peppercorns to make your mouth numb).

We have very few authentic Chinese restaurants where I live, or even in Oregon at all. I have to save it up for Disneyland trips--there are some great ones in Irvine. Ooooh, and they could open up an 85 degrees in Epcot to represent Taiwan, and I could get my sea salt coffee fix!

Of the cuisines not represented, I most miss Korean and Vietnamese. Especially Korean--another cuisine that's sorely lacking where I live. We have a few restaurants, but they don't get that it's about the side dishes.

Personally I feel they won't add anything else African because of what they have at Boma/Sanaa/animal kingdom. As for adding more somewhat Asian inspired meals (Thai, Filipino)---why have repetitive food/flavor palates. Now I understand that if you had someone born and raised in each of Japan, China, Thailand, and the Philipines home cook you a meal there in that country, they would definitely differ. At disney they are all just going to be the same....a slight variation of PF Chang

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter