• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ethical question re: A&E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it can be captured in photo and video, but is that the same as seeing it in person on a potential once in a lifetime trip to Disney? Probably not. One parent would see it through a device while the other parent is focused on capturing it on the device. Someone with kids can chime in there.

Eh. Some parents would be disappointed. Some wouldn't care a bit.

Last year when we went in May, family of 4 in front of us it was mom, dad and their 2 daughters. Dad didnt have a FP, they did not let him in. I think thats crazy. Most parents are there to watch. Its not like they are causing the line to be longer. I say pass her off as a 2 yr old. You just want to see your daughter meet the characters and to take photos.
Go make beautiful memories.

I must be getting old because I'm astounded that this is even an issue and that some peeps are horrified at the idea of taking their 3 year old in as a 2 year old. Gasp! Like I said in my above post..let your wife take her in, you go somewhere and wait if your conscience is bothered. Or...do what most people (except the lady who questions society's morals) would do...pick her up and walk in with your wife like a boss! That's what I'd do.

She turns three before the trip and you intend to pass her off as a two year old just to get everybody into Anna and Elsa on a fastpass. It's likely it will work. Is it huge in the grand scheme of things, no. Is it ethical, not really. I'd send in one parent and give the kid the other parent's wristband.

Hopefully in the future technology will reach a point that we can capture life on some sort of physical medium, then these ethical conundrums will no longer be a problem.

As for the question at hand, is it ethical? Not at all. Can you get away with it? Without a doubt.

Just curious...what white lies are OK/acceptable? Have you ever told one to anyone? How about your kids if you have them?

Your shirt is in the washing machine(tired of them wanting to wear the same shirt day after day).
Santa is watching
If you don't drink your milk you won't grow big and tall
We'll see when they ask a question when you know you will ultimately say no
Such and such place is closed when a child wants to go somewhere you don't
Hide a childs toy and then say you don't know where the annoying toy is

This was just a sample of some common white lies parents tell their kids in an article someone linked on FB. There were 21 total and I'd imagine every parent is guilty of one or more from time to time.

Does bringing your newly three yr old really mean you lack moral principles or are unwilling to adhere to proper rules of conduct? I mean that is the definition of unethical so I guess everyone who speeds is unethical...as you are not adhering to proper rules of conduct...right?

Yeah you will be fine I cant imagine the CM saying the daughter has to wait outside while you and your wife go meet A&E. Its fine don't worry and you do not need to lie. LET IT GO hahahaha

The least convincing argument against doing this, is to me, the "lying in front of the children sets a bad example" argument. In reality, the child is never going to know. She's 3, she doesn't know. In order to set a good or bad example for your child, the child has to understand what you're doing and this one - unless she's an extremely exceptional child, won't.

Would I do it? I'm not sure. Probably not, just because I have this karma thing in my head. But when I read all the other stuff people plot and plan on these boards that are clearly lying, cheating and/or stealing that indeed do affect other guests in negative way- this one doesn't even make a blip on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter