Estimated Tolls from VT

caselaw3

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me an approximate $ amount for tolls from Vermont? I am trying to work up the travel budget and I have seen a couple of places that say about $20 each way - that seems low to me but I don't know, lol

Would greatly appreciate any help I can get! THANK YOU!

It all depends on which way you drive.

We drove in April from CT to Ft. Myers. We took 95 the whole way, well minus the Merritt parkway in ct and I-4 & 75 in FL.

We used the ezpass so I think the rates change depending on when you travel.

The jersey turnpike was around $15 each way. Then the bridges/tunnels were a few dollars. I looked them up and I want to say it was around $40-$50 each way.

I can't tell you from VT

We drive from Wake Forest NC which is just North of Raleigh - take basically 95 the whole way down to Daytona Beach then I-4 over to WDW. We pay NO tolls!

NC is trying to make 95 a toll road but I think that isn't going to happen any time 'very' soon.

Thanks - I am figuring on picking up 87 in Albany, NY TO 95 in Woodbridge, NJ and then taking that all the way to 4 in Daytona.....
unless of course that is a ridiculous way to go and you have any better suggestions? I haven't made this trip since I was a senior in college 20 years ago, lol!! :confused3

Thanks!

The one bridge in Maryland is now $8 (going North), $4 in the Baltimore tunnels each way and $4 in Delaware each way. So that's $8 going south and $16 going North in Maryland/Delaware alone.

So yes, $20 each way is probably low.

The one bridge in Maryland is now $8 (going North), $4 in the Baltimore tunnels each way and $4 in Delaware each way. So that's $8 going south and $16 going North in Maryland/Delaware alone.

So yes, $20 each way is probably low.

Thanks! Sounds like I need to find a better way to calculate tolls!

Thanks - I am figuring on picking up 87 in Albany, NY TO 95 in Woodbridge, NJ and then taking that all the way to 4 in Daytona.....
unless of course that is a ridiculous way to go and you have any better suggestions? I haven't made this trip since I was a senior in college 20 years ago, lol!! :confused3

Thanks!

I went to Castleton State and we drove down to South Carolina and that is the same way we went and I feel like we really investigated the best ways to go- this was many years ago, so I don't remember the tolls!

I went to Castleton State and we drove down to South Carolina and that is the same way we went and I feel like we really investigated the best ways to go- this was many years ago, so I don't remember the tolls!

Great thanks! It seems like the easiest way to go to me! Very straight forward

Thanks!

Where in vermont are you?

If on the NY side, I would say you should take 91 to 95 and just drive 95 straight through. Watch your timing going through NYC/NJ.

Or you could go around and take 87-- or get off 95 and take the Merritt down and then get back on. There wouldn't be any tolls until you hit NYC on that route-- 91 is not a toll road and 95 doesn't become one until NY area/bridges/tunnels. The time/day of travel would influence that more than anything for me.

Its around $25 each way for us. If you want exact let me know and i can pull up my easy pass statement.

Thats 91 to 84 to 87 to garden state to nj turnpike to delaware bridge to the tunnel in baltimore.

We go the same way lucyem goes and I always plan 60 round trip as I am never sure if they have raised the tolls or not.

Where in vermont are you?

If on the NY side, I would say you should take 91 to 95 and just drive 95 straight through. Watch your timing going through NYC/NJ.

Or you could go around and take 87-- or get off 95 and take the Merritt down and then get back on. There wouldn't be any tolls until you hit NYC on that route-- 91 is not a toll road and 95 doesn't become one until NY area/bridges/tunnels. The time/day of travel would influence that more than anything for me.

Hi! I am on the NY side - actually in NY but right on the border (Whitehall, NY) and we will be leaving at around 4PM on a Thursday so I think it will be like 8ish when we reach NYC area......I hadn't thought about taking 91....hmmm gonna look into that

Its around $25 each way for us. If you want exact let me know and i can pull up my easy pass statement.

Thats 91 to 84 to 87 to garden state to nj turnpike to delaware bridge to the tunnel in baltimore.

We go the same way lucyem goes and I always plan 60 round trip as I am never sure if they have raised the tolls or not.

Thanks guys! I was worried that the tolls would be a lot more but that is pretty reasonable....I am thinking even with wear and tear and gas - driving is going to save me at least $700 :cool1: :cheer2:

Hi! I am on the NY side - actually in NY but right on the border (Whitehall, NY) and we will be leaving at around 4PM on a Thursday so I think it will be like 8ish when we reach NYC area......I hadn't thought about taking 91....hmmm gonna look into that

Head right for 87, it is much closer to you. 91 would involve crossing VT (the definition of you can't get there from here) and even if you got on 91 you get Springfield MA, Hartford CT and all the CT traffic to deal with on 84.

Head right for 87, it is much closer to you. 91 would involve crossing VT (the definition of you can't get there from here) and even if you got on 91 you get Springfield MA, Hartford CT and all the CT traffic to deal with on 84.

Thanks! It seems like the easiest route to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter