Estimate for Port Upgrade

I think that is a likely scenario. The one and only time there was an upgrade at port available, it was the only upgrade for the whole ship. Our experience has been that there is usually a sign on the supervisor's counter that Captain Mickey announces that the ship is completely booked....

we upgraded from a Cat 11c to a 6C verandah room for $300, on a 3-nt cruise next week (Sept 15th). So, $400 for a 4-nt is probably what to expect.

we bought the upgrade online, on the DCL website... there was a link that said "Upgrades available" or something, and we clicked on it and checked out the available rooms... we saw something we liked and bought it online.

we upgraded from a Cat 11c to a 6C verandah room for $300, on a 3-nt cruise next week (Sept 15th). So, $400 for a 4-nt is probably what to expect.

we bought the upgrade online, on the DCL website... there was a link that said "Upgrades available" or something, and we clicked on it and checked out the available rooms... we saw something we liked and bought it online.

I haven't seen anyone mention this before. I'm guessing this is DLC's way of not having to do as many upgrades at the port.
Where on DCL's site did you see the Upgrades Available option?

I havent seen this either. I would love to know where to find it.

What have you paid in the past from an Ocean View room to a Verandah room upgrade at check-in?

I havent seen this either. I would love to know where to find it.

I have seen it several times at the DCL site....this is not something new. If there are upgrades available for purchase online there will be that blurp about "for only $xxxx per night you can upgrade to such and such"....it is no discount...like you would get at the port...it usually is just rack rate upgrade when you do it before the cruise.

I always saw it when I pulled up my reservation. I just tried looking now at my next ressie and it is not there but there is a place where it let's you change your cabin category when I hit "modify" in my ressie. Just for fun I priced out a verandah cabin from my Cat 9B that I booked on opening day for the Fantasy sailing on June 30th and it would cost an additional $600.00 to go to a 5D (I paid about $2,900.00 originally with my 10% off). I then priced out a 5D as a brand new booking and the same cat 5D would be $6,674.58 instead of $3,544.74 when I changed my cabin online. So...it does confirm to me that DCL holds the first day pricing and the 10% off if you change a ressie to a different category online. The new booking price was double what the changed booking price was!

MJ

I have seen it several times at the DCL site....this is not something new. If there are upgrades available for purchase online there will be that blurp about "for only $xxxx per night you can upgrade to such and such"....it is not the same discount as you would get at the port...it usually is just rack rate upgrade when you do it before the cruise.

MJ

Really?? The only time I've seen an upgrade available option is when you are trying to book a room. Do they have these "upgrade avaiable" option after you have confirmation of booking? Also, whe.n would this option be available to us? A week before, month before...? Inquisitive minds want to know! :thumbsup2

Thanks

WOW!!:scared1: If on a 4 day cruise the price not too much more than that, than I think that would be well worth it. You got an awesome deal! That makes me feel better about the possibility of a decent price to upgrade to even a verandah from an inside room(CAT 11A), as my family will be sailing in September as well. In the case I can't upgrade, I am happy that I have an inside room(I get to experience the virtual porthole), but if they have upgrades available, and they are anywhere near what you paid, then I would definitely consider doing it...would be nice to sail in the oceanview on the dream with the window seat in the porthole, and it would be even nicer to have a verandah:cloud9:

DCL's website currently shows bookings available for Cat 8B-D, Cat 6A-B, Cat 5A-D, and Cat 4A-D. So paying for an upgrade at the port should be doable. What they'll charge, I couldn't tell you. We're in a 6A, but if we can upgrade to a 5A for less than the $300 difference they show online, we might do it.

How do upgrades work in LA? Is it the same as PC, ask at checkin or are they done with Guest Services on the Wonder?

Thank you SOOO much for this thread! I didn't realize Disney protected the original booking. We added a friend (first-time cruiser) to our May Fantasy cruise a few months ago. I had them booked with my kiddos in an 11A. I had been concerned about the bathroom situation. Today, I was able to upgrade them to a 6B (verandah room) for only $70! Sweet! As an FYI, an Oceanview room was more than the verandah room.

How do you do any upgrade if you have 2 rooms?
-If you have connecting rooms?
-If you have non connecting rooms?

Who has had luck with this - I wouldn't want to be separated from two of my children.

How do you do any upgrade if you have 2 rooms?
-If you have connecting rooms?
-If you have non connecting rooms?

Who has had luck with this - I wouldn't want to be separated from two of my children.

We didn't have connecting rooms, and my kiddos will be 14 and 18 at the time. We are on the same floor, but not next to each other. Currently that room is booked with one adult and one child.

Are people who are seeing the available upgrades online booked directly with DCL? My reservation is through Dreams and I have a message next to "modify" that says "this reservation isn't available to modify online. Please call your TA or DCL."

Just wondering if maybe this is only available if you didn't use a TA?

Are people who are seeing the available upgrades online booked directly with DCL? My reservation is through Dreams and I have a message next to "modify" that says "this reservation isn't available to modify online. Please call your TA or DCL."

Wondering the samething...I heard our cruise was fully booked, not sure what that actually means but I would love to upgrade @ a decent price.

So are you able to look to see if you've gotten a complimentary upgrade before you try to purchase an upgrade? I've never cruised before and I keep hearing about people getting complimentary upgrades and they're pleasantly surprised when they check in. So at what point do you know if you've gotten a complimentary upgrade? I might be interested in paying for an upgrade at the port if we don't get a complimentary one (wouldn't that be nice to just get an upgrade without paying for it?)!

In '06, we were on a three day Wonder sailing. Recieved paperwork and luggage tags at home, check-in at port, checked on available of upgrade (inside to 4-A) they wanted @1,200 - declined, got on the ship, went to lunch, and when we went to our room found out that we were upgraded from inside to a window cabin. We got our luggage with the old room number tags still on them.

I would assume so. I'm booked through Dreams Unlimited as well, and I can't upgrade on the DCL site either. My earlier post was literally trying to book a new cruise on the DCL site, and those were the rooms that were shown.

Has anyone ever been upgraded to a 1 or 2 bedroom suite? I imagine that cost would be too much for most of us to bare at the port.

Has anyone ever been upgraded to a 1 or 2 bedroom suite? I imagine that cost would be too much for most of us to bare at the port.

Actually...the port would be the place to upgrade if it was available....it would be much cheaper than doing it before the cruise.

I do remember someone posting that they were able to upgrade to the Walt or Roy suite at the port.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter