ESTA's

shepley26

Earning My Ears
Hi all.
We stayed at Disney's OKW last November (2014) and applied for ESTA's in August (2014). I know that they last for two years and we've booked to stay at the POFQ this November (2015) but my daughter's passport runs out in January (2016) so I'll have to get her a new one. I'm thinking I will have to apply for a new ESTA for her as passport number will change, BUT will I have to apply for new ones for the wife and I, as we got approved as a group???
Any comments would be great as I'm struggling a bit...
Thanks
Steve

Thanks for the quick reply.
So when I apply for a new one for my daughter it will automatically go back onto the group booking I take it?
Cheers...

The Estas were only classed as a group booking because you paid for them in one go. Each persons Esta is individual and related to their passport. Hope that makes sense.

Your daughter doesn't need a new passport to travel this November as she still has a valid ESTA and passport I would leave it and renew when you get home.

You will have no trouble entering the US as there is no minimum time required to be left on the passport. The only reason I would renew would be if you are planning a cruise as then you need 6 months remaining.

Regarding group ESTAs as has already been said they are not really a group just an easy way to pay for multiple ones as there was a lot of complaints when they were first charging as you had to complete and pay for each one separately!

Your daughter doesn't need a new passport to travel this November as she still has a valid ESTA and passport I would leave it and renew when you get home.

You will have no trouble entering the US as there is no minimum time required to be left on the passport. The only reason I would renew would be if you are planning a cruise as then you need 6 months remaining.

Regarding group ESTAs as has already been said they are not really a group just an easy way to pay for multiple ones as there was a lot of complaints when they were first charging as you had to complete and pay for each one separately!

I completely agree with this, why pay for a new passport AND a new ESTA now when your DD already has both and they are perfectly valid for your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter