ESPN WWoS Expansion

For reals, though - was I the only person who didn't hate WWoS during the Marathon?
I didn't hate it either. My first RunDisney Race was Tower of Terror 2013--and when we ran through the Baseball stadium, I felt like a RockStar with the people in the stands cheering!
It was a bit odd, during the marathon (I ran 2015) to see kids practicing soccer while we ran by, like nothing unusual was going on....but I didn't hate it.

Well, that's disappointing.

Well thousands of cheerleaders are very excited! :) Including my daughter. With the amount of money cheerleaders bring to Disney, we expected it was going to be aimed for us. The 10 year contract Varsity currently has to hold the Worlds competition there each year is winding down and the event has outgrown the WWoS (even with the tents they put up) so if this didn't happen, Varsity may have went elsewhere! Regardless who likes or dislikes the cheerleaders there, they are a major money making events for Disney!

Don't get me wrong, it's not running down main street or around Epcot, but until you run 26.2 miles and realize how much ground has to be covered, it's hard getting in that much mileage, hence interstate and other areas. Heck, it's still better than the majority if not all of road races!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter