ESPN Sport Bar at Broadwalk

Kate and Family

Wiggling My Ears
I hope this makes sense.

We will be getting in to WDW area Sunday, Dec 9. We are Panther fans, and THIS year we definitely do not want to miss a game. I am only slightly familiar with sports pubs.

My concern is that we will be tying up a table for the whole game (and about an hour before the game), so that in the time that we are there, the wait staff might normally have had a table turnover of at least one other group. I know that I will probably have a beer or three, but not more than that. A friend had told me just to make each beer last throughout the game, and that would justify holding the table. I am thinking that we should just make the tipping work out so it was as though the table was two successive groups.

I am thinking the easiest way to do this, would just be to tip about 40% on each drink that is brought to the table. (ie., twice normal tip, because we are holding on to the table at least twice the normal time). I will be doing WDW on a budget, so I when I spend money in one place, it means giving up something at another (such as a drink at EPCOT)

Am I making this more difficult than it needs to be? What is the protocol?

ESPN Super busy on Sundays during football season. Not likely youll get a table at noon. Nobody is there to do anything other than watch a game and drink, so tables dont empty out very quickly. Most other bars on the boardwalk will have a game or two on but Miami, Tampa, or Jax often on. A big spender might get his game on but I dont know about a tea totaler. Good luck either way and have fun.

if you are sitting at a table, you won't be paing every drink. You will have a server (waiter/waitress) and she will wait on you while you are there. The tables aren't "seat yourself" with cocktail watresses.

You can sit at the bar and pay drink by drink if you like.

When you arrive just let the hostess know what game you want to see and they will see to it that you are sat by a TV that is showing that game.

Service is slow there anyway. So holding a table for an entire game shouldn't be that big of a deal. There are a ton of people doing the same thing. Enjoy your stay

I do agree with your plan to take care of the server. Sitting at a table that long can cause the server to lose money by not turning the table sooner.

I hope this makes sense.

We will be getting in to WDW area Sunday, Dec 9. We are Panther fans, and THIS year we definitely do not want to miss a game. I am only slightly familiar with sports pubs.

My concern is that we will be tying up a table for the whole game (and about an hour before the game), so that in the time that we are there, the wait staff might normally have had a table turnover of at least one other group. I know that I will probably have a beer or three, but not more than that. A friend had told me just to make each beer last throughout the game, and that would justify holding the table. I am thinking that we should just make the tipping work out so it was as though the table was two successive groups.

I am thinking the easiest way to do this, would just be to tip about 40% on each drink that is brought to the table. (ie., twice normal tip, because we are holding on to the table at least twice the normal time). I will be doing WDW on a budget, so I when I spend money in one place, it means giving up something at another (such as a drink at EPCOT)

I have caught games at ESPN on the boardwalk quite a few times. If your game is at 1pm, try to get there around 11:30am and get on line. There will be no issue what so ever for having a table the entire time. Only people in ESPN are there for the games anyways.

On a side note, ESPN during the NFL draft is a blast too, if you ever get the chance.

ESPN Super busy on Sundays during football season. Not likely youll get a table at noon. Nobody is there to do anything other than watch a game and drink, so tables dont empty out very quickly. Most other bars on the boardwalk will have a game or two on but Miami, Tampa, or Jax often on. A big spender might get his game on but I dont know about a tea totaler. Good luck either way and have fun.

???? You should be able to get a table if you get there slightly before noon. Also just let them know what game you want to watch and they will seat you near a tv showing that game.

I hope this makes sense.

My concern is that we will be tying up a table for the whole game....

Don't worry about it.

For a 1:00 game, (Against the Falcant's), can't you just plan to have lunch there?

We watched a Panthers game at ESPN a couple years ago, and had a few drinks and had an order of nachos then a little while later an order of their awesome wings.

We've been there for both a Phillies World Series and playoff game. We tell the hostess that we're there for the game and they seat us without any problem (both times we've been in the dining room with the giant screen). We start off with one appetizer and a drink each. Then, we'll usually order an additional appetizer. We'll then get another drink (usually) and dinner. I don't think we've gotten dessert either time, but we have tipped a bit more than what we usually do since we've stayed for nearly three hours.

I will say we've never attempted to go for a football game, but the baseball games (even the final game of the World Series the year we won) were surprisingly not as crowded as we had expected.

Don't worry about it.

For a 1:00 game, (Against the Falcant's), can't you just plan to have lunch there?

We watched a Panthers game at ESPN a couple years ago, and had a few drinks and had an order of nachos then a little while later an order of their awesome wings.

Excellent idea. It will be time for lunch.

I am not really a tea totaller, but I would not drink more than 3 beers. If I did, I would be ready to go back to the room and just relax after the game. It's Disney and I do not want to waste one moment

Thanks everyone.

HEY! I resemble that bolded remark!!!!!

To the OP - the servers at the ESPN Club are used to tables being occupied for an entire game during NFL season. It's not a big deal and you should tip higher since you are taking up a table for a couple of hours. If you just have some drinks, look at the menu, decide on something you would have bought for lunch and add that to your tip thoughts. Then maybe add an appetizer as well. That would probably help out instead of a % thing. Just imagine what you would have bought during your time there, add the appropriate tip and you'll be fine.

And go Matty and the Fal-CANS! (sorry, couldn't resist).

We went to ESPN to watch football in late September, which is a slow time of year. We got there around noon and got one of last tables in the bar area. I would recommend getting there at opening (11:30) to secure a table in the bar area. Also - all of the TVs are labeled with which game is being shown on that TV. Getting there early should allow you to get a table with a good view of the right TV.

We stayed from 12pm-4pm and were never bothered by our waitress. We ate lunch and had beers during this time and that was about it. Everyone around us was in the same boat - some there even longer. Do not be paranoid about it - it is not a regular circumstance. I had the same thought as you before going there but was comfortable while we were there when I saw what the situation was.

I would recommend staying in the bar area. While they show the games in the dining room and people do remain in the dining room for the duration of the games, there was a constant wait for tables in the dining room and more families were in there. It just didn't seem as fun of an atmosphere as the bar area also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter