ESPN Club + soccer

DisneyWIU

But why the RUM?
Any soccer fans out there on the boards? I'm wondering if the ESPN club shows the weekend matches from the Premier League, or do I have to watch in my room(if I can?).

What network are the games on? Disney resorts have pretty limited TV netowrks available. Generally, it's ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, CNN, Lifetime, and a very few others. If your games are on ESPN, then you can watch from the resort.

If the games are just shown via satellite, the chances are that the ESPN Club can get the games that way. However, you would have to ask for that to be put on a TV near your table since soccer is not considered a major sporting event in the States. On the weekends, the major sporting events would be college football on Saturdays and pro football on Sundays.

Some of the games are on satellite and others are on a Fox sports channel. Can I just ask the CM for a table by a TV on the channel when I walk in the door?

My family and I were there in Oct and my DH watched a Barcelona game at the ESPN, they were showing it there. He has the same problem, finding a place to watch it! But he watched it there and quite liked ESPN too, so my suggestion would be to call over before you go and see if they will show it.

Stacey

Some of the games are on satellite and others are on a Fox sports channel. Can I just ask the CM for a table by a TV on the channel when I walk in the door?

If it's on Fox Sports Channel, you shouldn't have a problem watching it at the ESPN Club. The satellite stuff, I have no idea (techno dumb in that area). But either way, tell the Cast Member at the door what you want to watch. Once you are seated, then they can turn a TV on near your table to what you would like to watch. There are TVs all around the restaurant and you can see at least one from every table. The only problem that you would encounter is if someone else has previously asked for another event to be shown on the TV that would get changed. But that would be easily fixed by having you move to another table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter