• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN Club Live

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
Was listening to After Further Review on 810 Orlando with Mark Ferrera and John Pelkey and they mentioned that they had been "let go" from the ESPN Club live yesterday before the Superbowl. Nice timing. They've been there forever. Anyone know what's going on with the "Live" portion? Are they going in a new direction?

No idea but ESPN itself hasn't been doing great. I've never listened to the radio show but I do know John from announcing RunDisney events.

No idea but ESPN itself hasn't been doing great. I've never listened to the radio show but I do know John from announcing RunDisney events.

I think this was the forerunner of the cutbacks that have overtaken WDW and the threads the last couple of days. Their gig was a part time one, maybe 12 - 15 hours a week. There are/were 2 other hosts at the ESPN Club, whose status I'm unsure of. Agree about the overall ESPN not doing great comment, but that's in a different operating division [Media & Networks] whereas the hosts at ESPN Club are part of Walt Disney World Creative Entertainment Division [Parks and Resorts]. Nonetheless, it looks like the cutbacks are impacted a lot of areas and they all boil down to the bottom line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter