• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN Club for Football

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
We'll be at Disney for the Ravens/Steelers Thursday night football game this October. I have pretty much decided that we are headed to ESPN Club for the game. I know they don't take ADRs and that we should plan on being there early to get a table. Has anyone experienced a Thursday night game? Since we won't have to battle fans from so many other teams for tables, I'm thinking getting a table might not be so bad. I know about the VIP seats, but as a party, we just won't eat or drink that much.

Also, we plan on taking a cab back to CBR when the game is over. Where can we catch this cab? Should we go to the BWI lobby and grab one there? We've never used the taxis while at WDW, so any info is appreciated.

Getting a table shouldn't be a problem at all, especially for a Thursday game.

As for a taxi, you nailed it. Head back to the front of the Boardwalk and let valet know you'd like one.

I know they don't take ADRs and that we should plan on being there early to get a table.

1) If you reserve A VIP-Table, they do take your ressie and guarantee the table and time.
2) The only charge is a minimum PER PERSON that you must spend on food & beverage (total).
3) Otherwise, you take your chances for a table and have to be there 1-2 hours ahead of time.
4) Even that early, you don't know about getting a table if the game is popular.
5) Of course, for a Thursday night game, you have better chances than a weekend game (college or pro).

6) When you exit, go back up the steps of the Boardwalk to the main entrance.
7) The valet parking desk can hail a cabbie (there will be several already standing by).

Yeah, the charge is $70 per person. We will never eat or drink that much. If it was the $50 charge it was a few years ago, I could justify that. But there's no way three of us will eat and drink $210 worth.

Getting a table shouldn't be a problem at all, especially for a Thursday game.

As for a taxi, you nailed it. Head back to the front of the Boardwalk and let valet know you'd like one.

That's what I figured about the taxi, but I just wanted to be sure. As for the game, I'm pretty sure that'll be the case. As long as we are there a couple of hours ahead of time to scope out how many people are vying for tables, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Thanks!!

My experience with certain teams, also known as the Patriots and Steelers, get there early, 2 hours early, or wait. I prefer the bar area to watch, but the big screen in the restaurant area is very nice. Considering the VIP may be the way to go

I'll be waiting, since the VIP price is a bit steep for us. Am I right in assuming that when it's a prime time game like this, they have the sound on for the game?

I'll be waiting, since the VIP price is a bit steep for us. Am I right in assuming that when it's a prime time game like this, they have the sound on for the game?

Yes they have sound for what is considered to be the main or best game on. Looking at that nights college game, Pit-Bal should definately be on audio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter