• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escaping Mardi Gras off to Disney

Just checked weather.com and it will be 82 degrees on Saturday Feb. 9th, our first day there. Guess I better pack some shorts! Great way to start a vacation!

Oh ! That's awful! I hope everything goes well and you are on the road next Friday!

Trying to stay positive about this trip. Hoping that everything will turn out ok and I will still be able to be in Disney with the family. Hubby and I are still determined to have a good time even though alot of my planning I will not be able to do. Hubby says it doesn't matter if we have to spend the majority of the time in the resort an just do short outtings to the parks. DD and SIL are going to handle the Gkids most of the time, so they won't miss out on anything. Of course I am hoping I will be able to do more, but I will be happy to just be there with the excitement of the others.

So I have gone back to the Disney site and downloaded all of the entertainment and character spots times in all of the parks. I am now (in between all my naps) trying to map them out on a map. So this way when they are in line for a ride hubby and I can take in some site. I do like to photograph, so I will probally be taking alot of pictures.

I am disabled. When I took the kids to WDW and had to be in a wheelchair for the first time, I was so worried that I would hold them back. Because when we had gone before, we did everything! fast! I thought they would feel like they were missing out on something. But, I have to say, it was just the opposite. By slowing down, we got to spend more quality time together and enjoy the little details of Disney. We saw shows we had never seen and did fun things at the resort (fishing hole at POR). It was even better, in my opinion. I hope you feel better and have a wonderful time!

I am disabled. When I took the kids to WDW and had to be in a wheelchair for the first time, I was so worried that I would hold them back. Because when we had gone before, we did everything! fast! I thought they would feel like they were missing out on something. But, I have to say, it was just the opposite. By slowing down, we got to spend more quality time together and enjoy the little details of Disney. We saw shows we had never seen and did fun things at the resort (fishing hole at POR). It was even better, in my opinion. I hope you feel better and have a wonderful time!

THanks, I think if we get there We can still have a good time. Right now I am just praying we don't have to cancel. Will know more after Tuesday, sure hope it does some good. I have a wonderful family so I am hopeing for the best.

Leaving tomorrow (driving). Debi, I hope you are feeling well and have a great trip. Everyone enjoy your Mardi Gras with the Mouse!

See you all (Viator family) at the wishes dessert party! Have a safe trip to WDW, we are leaving approx 4 pm tomorrow.

Disney, here we come VWL Feb. 10-15 Will be there through Mardi Gras :joker: and Valentines Day :love:

One more day and a wake-up.
See y'all there!
If not, keep warm, and/or have fun whatever you're doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter