Escape Wedding Cake Question (anyone have one?)

alissa2008

I'll take two.
Some cake question, brought me on to the topic of the Escape Wedding Cake design. We got to pick our flavor and filling, but what does it actually look like? I'm sure generic, but just curious! :confused3

I think they are generic, which makes me kind of sad based on how pretty everyone else's cake is on here. I bet you can upgrade (for a price). Are you thinking of upgrading?

The "basic" cake design varies a little based on the pastry chef actually making the cake.

The Escape cake is two layers. The bottom layer is about 10" diameter (and about 5"-6" tall), the top layer is about 6" diameter (same height). White frosting or fondant and flowers/decorations. Sometimes there's a bit of color in the icing (flowers/leaves), and sometimes not. If you want specific colors, let your coordinator know, they'll usually do that with no extra charge.

Hope that helps.

I think they are generic, which makes me kind of sad based on how pretty everyone else's cake is on here. I bet you can upgrade (for a price). Are you thinking of upgrading?

Nah, I get my dream cake for our at home reception. I was just curious as to what it looked like. I assume the "keepsake topper" is the traditional mickey minnie one?

The "basic" cake design varies a little based on the pastry chef actually making the cake.

The Escape cake is two layers. The bottom layer is about 10" diameter (and about 5"-6" tall), the top layer is about 6" diameter (same height). White frosting or fondant and flowers/decorations. Sometimes there's a bit of color in the icing (flowers/leaves), and sometimes not. If you want specific colors, let your coordinator know, they'll usually do that with no extra charge.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Will do! I don't suppose you have any pics, do you? :confused3 worth a shot...

Here are a couple of shots of ours. I actually requested that my WC make sure I got this design.

ST03168-1-07-1.jpg

ST03008-1-07-1.jpg

Oh how pretty your cake was!

Did anyone else have an escape cake that they could post?

Here's ours...It's not at all what I requested it to look like (I wanted the lace like design from above) but it was pretty. I'll admit that in the moment I couldn't have cared less about the design though anyway!

025412-17-07.jpg

048212-17-07.jpg

*Edited to add that you can provide your own cake topper and they'll put in on the cake. You'll still get the Mickey & Minnie as a keepsake.

Ooh! How pretty!

Did that design cost extra?

I am trying to find a design I love, but keep the budget down. ::yes::

We upgraded our cake. I started by asking my planner to add purple accents to the standard cake. She told me that as silly as it was, they won't do it. You get what you get. :( So, we upgraded to the cake we really loved and we added a tier and sent everyone home with cake. It was an extra $225 - would have been $125 extra to just changed the style. So, if there's a particular cake you like, talk you your planner about upgrade options, depending on the cake it's not that expensive.

No, mine didn't cost extra. It really varies from planner to planner...some will work harder for you than others. There was another bride who did get purple accents for no extra charge and others have requested certain variations of the escape cake and gotten it. Other brides have had to pay for upgrades. Just be aware that if you request a certain style and do not pay for an upgrade, you may or may not get it. It never hurts to ask though!

We upgraded our Escape Cake. It will look like the cake below, except it will have 2 round tiers instead of 3 squares. It was an extra $25. We are also providing our own cake topper, the Lenox Minnie's Dream Wedding cake topper.

Here is the pic I sent my WC:

cakeforvr.jpg

Hope this helps!

We upgraded our Escape Cake. It will look like the cake below, except it will have 2 round tiers instead of 3 squares. It was an extra $25. We are also providing our own cake topper, the Lenox Minnie's Dream Wedding cake topper.

cakeforvr.jpg

Hope this helps!

Wow, I am in love with your cake! :love: It is so pretty! Only $25 to upgrade is very reasonable. I am almost tempted to "borrow" your design. ;) Will your cake have the things around the topper like the picture does?

cakeforvr.jpg

Hope this helps!

Do you know what characters you can get on the bottom. I've seen donald and mickey. Anyone know about figments? :)

Wow, I am in love with your cake! :love: It is so pretty! Only $25 to upgrade is very reasonable. I am almost tempted to "borrow" your design. ;) Will your cake have the things around the topper like the picture does?

YES, that is the main thing I loved about this cake was the flowers around the top! I love the flowers around Mickey & Minnie. My BEO says "Wedding Cake Upgrade" "2 tiers, Round Mickey's Delight with gum paste white flowers and gold mickey stamps" Total upgrade with tax was $31.95 :goodvibes

We got the price back to upgrade our escape cake to the design I want. Keeping the 2 tier cake and round shape our upgrade would be $200.

I want this black & white circle design (without the bubbles on it).

newwebdesign2008pic-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter