Escape to WDW Feb 2-8 Day 2

Eeyore's Buddy Bear

Earning My Ears
Cast of Characters:
Me (Brenda) – age 26, Disney fanatic
Mom – age 50 something, Disney fanatic by association

We got up around 6:30 and leisurely got ready for a long day at the parks. At 8:15 we headed to the South Depot bus stop. We used this stop in the mornings so that we could be assured a seat on the bus. At night, we got off at the North Depot bus stop because it was closer to the room.

We arrived at EPCOT at 8:45 and headed straight for Test Track. We had never ridden TT because the line was so long last time we were there. We walked right into the preshow area, saw the short film, and boarded the ride. I thought it was fantastic. As we approached the unloading area, the CM asked us if we wanted to ride again. No one was in line so we got to ride twice without getting off the ride!! A note of caution to anyone who wears glasses: I didn’t have a problem, but Mom almost lost her glasses when we hit the dip going onto the outside track. Hold on to those glasses if they’re not tight on your face!!
After Test Track, we headed to the Wonders of Life and rode Body Wars. Once again there was no line. After exiting Body Wars, we went to see the Cranium Command show. This is one of my favorites. After Cranium Command, I got the chance to ride one of the bikes on the Fitness Fairground. I had never had the opportunity because the bikes were always in use. I rode for a couple of minutes (not too long…didn’t want to get tired that early). It was a little after 10 at this point, so we cut across Future World and went to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Once again we encountered no line. We just had to wait for the next show to start. After the 3D movie, we rode Journey Into Your Imagination. All I have to say is: I miss Figment. At the Image Works playground, we took our picture and emailed it home.

At this point, it was a little after 11:00 so we headed for the World Showcase. We went to China and had lunch at the Lotus Blossom Café. We split the Lotus Blossom Combo (sweet and sour chicken, pork fried rice, and an eggroll) and a large Coke. It was a lot of food and was really good. The total was $8.80.

We then returned to Mexico to start our tour of the World Showcase. In Mexico, we did a little shopping (bought some silver jewelry) and road El Rio del Tiempo (no line). At this point, it was starting to rain so we proceeded to Norway to get out of the rain. We rode the Maelstrom, then I bought a poncho so I didn’t get soaked in the rain (Mom was smart; she brought a raincoat).

We proceed around the World Showcase enjoying the experience. In Japan, I chose an oyster and they harvested my pearl. I had it set in a pendant. It’s a beautiful piece. We then skipped the remaining countries and went to Canada to see Off Kilter. They put on a great show. Make the effort to see them. How often do you hear bagpipes in rock music? While we watched the show, we split an order of Fish and Chips and a large Coke from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. The food was excellent, but was expensive for what we got. We received two small pieces of fish, a handful of fries, and a Coke for almost $9.00.

It was about 4:30 so we decided to leave EPCOT to go to the Magic Kingdom to see the Main Street Electrical Parade. We took the monorail over to MK. We were shocked to see how crowded the park was. We experienced no crowds or delays at EPCOT. At MK, most of the lines were 30 minutes or longer. We rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (only ride in Tomorrowland with no line).

After that we left Tomorrowland on the quiet path and went to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. We walked around and enjoyed the theming. At this point, it was about 6:15 and we were completely fed up with the crowds so we decided to watch the early parade instead of waiting for the 9:00 parade. We went to our usual viewing spot, and it was almost empty as usual. We like to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade from the pathway leading from Cinderella’s Castle to Sleepy Hollow. The parade comes right across the bridge going into Liberty Square and you have a perfect unobstructed view.

This was also when we experienced our first unpleasant experience with other guests. We stood there for 45 minutes staking out our spots and waiting for the parade to begin. I was planning on videotaping the parade so a good viewing spot was important to us. About five minutes before the parade was to begin, a man, his wife, and teenage daughter came to watch the parade. The threesome dragged chairs over from Sleepy Hollow to sit on for the parade. There was enough room for two of them to sit, but not all three. There was enough room for all of them to stand. The man asked us to move down, but if we did my Mom and I would be behind a tree (not a good view to say the least). I told him that there was not enough room for another chair. He proceeded to slam the chair down on my foot and sit on it. He then looked at his family and told them “that I’d get out of their way one way or another”. It amazes me how rude people can be. I didn’t move and videotaped the parade (I haven’t watched the tape yet. Hopefully it came out good).

After the parade, we ventured into Fantasyland to see if it had cleared out any. It had a little so we rode It’s a Small World and Snow White. After that we watched the fireworks and then headed to the exit. We returned to Dixie Landings with little wait and headed to the Food Court for dinner. Mom had the Country Chicken Salad and I had the Double Cheeseburger with fries. Our total was $13.00. After dinner we went to bed for the night.

Preview for Day 3: February 4, 2001 Animal Kingdom and Planet Hollywood

I'm sorry you had a chair on your foot. Thats awful! Well at least most people are nice. I'm glad you got your video!

hipgrl1.gif
iluvchat.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies

It's amazing just how rude some people can be. Hopefully they got their's later on - lol. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter