Escape pictures

DisneyBride0812

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any pictures or links to things that go along with the Escape package? Looking for pictures from SBP (which is where I'm pretty sure we want to have our ceremony) flowers, cake, you name it. I am trying to stay within the budget and want to see if it is possible and what my options are. Thanks so much!

Thank you for those lurkylooo! Do you have any idea if they decorate it at all? I'm wondering what I am going to need to do, and not sure if I can bring anything of my own. Any advice on how to stick to the normal escape price? I want a Disney wedding more than anything but if I don't stick to the 5k or 6k, I'm afraid it may not happen.

Check out my PJ for what I did to SBP: I had daisies and ribbons tied on the ends of the outermost chairs for a total price of $120. :D But, really, it totally doesn't need any decor.

Unfortunately, you can't bring your own decor to SBP as it is an outside venue. You are, however, more than welcome to bring your own personal floral.

Thank you! I will check it out as soon as I am done writing this :)

So just to clarify I cannot bring my own decorations but I can bring my own floral? This will include flowers for the MOH and Flower Girl, and decorative flower pieces?

Thank you! I will check it out as soon as I am done writing this :)

So just to clarify I cannot bring my own decorations but I can bring my own floral? This will include flowers for the MOH and Flower Girl, and decorative flower pieces?

It would include anything you hold, I suppose: so MOH and flower girl, and boutonnieres, but no decorative floral.

Have you bought Carrie's (lurkyloo up there!) book yet? The Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings? If not, definitely check it out: it will help you a lot.

Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying. I don't have all that much time and no idea what my ultimate budget will be, so I'm trying to stick to the bare minimum and do as much as I can beforehand. Good to know that I can bring my own flowers for that. Ahhh I'm freaking out, I've never been a paitent person and this is all so overwhelming trying to plan in just a few months! Thanks for the help!

Thank you for those lurkylooo! Do you have any idea if they decorate it at all? I'm wondering what I am going to need to do, and not sure if I can bring anything of my own. Any advice on how to stick to the normal escape price? I want a Disney wedding more than anything but if I don't stick to the 5k or 6k, I'm afraid it may not happen.

The other posters have given you a lot of great advice about what you can and can't bring. My advice for sticking to the Escape price is not to add *anything.* There are some substitutions they can do for no additional charge when it comes to the bouquet, but you'd need to speak with your planner to know what's free and what will cost more. Switching colors of flowers is free if the flower is naturally found in that color. You can change colors and flavors of the cake (usually, although sometimes you randomly hear of someone being charged extra because they wanted something like peanut butter mousse, which is ridiculous because BoardWalk Bakery makes PB mousse for its regular menu items... sorry to go off there :teeth: ), and sometimes they'll add a ribbon or something simple like that for free.

As to decor, SBP really doesn't need it. They provide a pretty swank setup for the cake table, and the plastic chairs they've been using in the last few years are much nicer than the hardware store-style lawn furniture you get at other locations.

Cake table:

108.jpg

Chairs:

IMG_0626-1.jpg

Of course, a meal is not included with the package, so if you do want to feed your guests, you'll have to budget for that separately. But it doesn't have to be super-expensive, especially if you book a regular group reservation at a nearby restaurant (instead of booking a private room).

Thank you for all the great pictures, those were so helpful! Do you know if I can add a special memorial candle or something of my own to remember our loved ones we have lost? I would also like to incorporate something into the actual ceremony, any idea if officients will do that? How much are we able to personalize our ceremony and our vows?

Can I make some type of programs to hand out to my guests?

Any idea what I can do with the kids that aren't able to come to the ceremony since I am limited to 20 guests?

Does the photographer take any before ceremony pictures, like of me getting ready?

We are able to have a first dance, are we also able to have a father/daughter one?

Do you know of anywhere close to SBP to eat a late breakfast/early lunch?

Will the limo pick up guests from hotels nearby even if they aren't Disney owned?

Sorry for all the questions but with less than 6 months and a tight budget I am just about freaking out!! I appreciate any help, thank you!

Thank you for all the great pictures, those were so helpful! Do you know if I can add a special memorial candle or something of my own to remember our loved ones we have lost? I would also like to incorporate something into the actual ceremony, any idea if officients will do that? How much are we able to personalize our ceremony and our vows?

Can I make some type of programs to hand out to my guests?

Any idea what I can do with the kids that aren't able to come to the ceremony since I am limited to 20 guests?

Does the photographer take any before ceremony pictures, like of me getting ready?

We are able to have a first dance, are we also able to have a father/daughter one?

Do you know of anywhere close to SBP to eat a late breakfast/early lunch?

Will the limo pick up guests from hotels nearby even if they aren't Disney owned?

Sorry for all the questions but with less than 6 months and a tight budget I am just about freaking out!! I appreciate any help, thank you!

1. yes, on your own... not through disney.
2. one of those kid clubs at the hotels?
3. they don't do the getting ready ones because you only get photography for two hours. but i think you can add photo time for extra $$.
4. i have heard of people doing more than one dance.
5. Kouzzina, Boardwalk Bakery, Cape May Cafe, etc (basically anything at Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club, or Swan and Dolphin)... or... if you are not in your wedding garb yet and have your annual passes ready, you could just wander into Epcot to grab a bite.
6. yes. some people even use their limo time to go to the courthouse and get their marriage license.

thank you for all the help! I do have a few more questions if you don't mind...

1. How does the whole confirming our date work? I want to call this week to confirm, do I need to do the deposit right away at that time? And will they tell me its confirmed right away?

2. Then will they send me some type of planning kit or do I not get anything in the mail? I am just wondering how many things can be personalized.

3. how do I go about picking my officient? Is that included in the price? how much do they let us customize our ceremony and our vows?

4. Am I able to have a special memory candle for our loved ones who have passed? Do we light any sort of candle?

5. Would it be weird to go to a character breakfast after? Some of our guests aren't even able to spend time in the parks so I would love for their kids to see some characters still.

6. Are there any rules as far as the limo goes? Are they able to pick up guests staying in Kissimmee?

7. I've heard of people applying for their marriage license online, is that legit? I figured it could save a trip, not sure if the price is the same.

1. How does the whole confirming our date work? I want to call this week to confirm, do I need to do the deposit right away at that time? And will they tell me its confirmed right away?
How far is the date that you want? You can have your preferred date 'pencilled' in at 12 months, but it's not confirmed until 8 months. Even then, you have until a certain deadline (the date will be on the contract they send you) to send the contract and your deposit before they give your date away.

Right now, I have my contract and I am just waiting until Monday so I can take it to the post office.

2. Then will they send me some type of planning kit or do I not get anything in the mail? I am just wondering how many things can be personalized.
I'm not there yet, but I think they send you a big ol' thing to fill out.

3. how do I go about picking my officient? Is that included in the price? how much do they let us customize our ceremony and our vows?
You pick your officiant any way you want. They have a list of preferred officiants, but you still pay for them. The only difference is that their preferred officiants won't be counted as a guest. If you have one that is not preferred, he/she will be counted as a guest.
You can customize your ceremony and vows however you want. We are having our BFF be our officiant and I am writing the whole ceremony.

4. Am I able to have a special memory candle for our loved ones who have passed? Do we light any sort of candle?
At SBP you may not want a candle because you don't know if it will be too breezy or not. But, I guess you could. I don't see why not.

5. Would it be weird to go to a character breakfast after? Some of our guests aren't even able to spend time in the parks so I would love for their kids to see some characters still.
Totally NOT weird.

6. Are there any rules as far as the limo goes? Are they able to pick up guests staying in Kissimmee?
The limo is yours for four hours. If people take the limo to the courthouse to get their license, I don't see why they can't pick up people as long as it fits the time limit.

7. I've heard of people applying for their marriage license online, is that legit? I figured it could save a trip, not sure if the price is the same.
Totally legit, *rest of sentence deleted for inaccuracy*. We are doing it online because of Murphy's Law (anything that can go wrong, will go wrong) and we don't want to risk SOMETHING happening that would cause us to miss our chance to get our license when we arrive the day before our wedding.

You can order your marriage license online from Brevard County, FL for FREE. All you pay is the same $93.50 license fee you would pay if you got it in person at the courthouse.

The process is very easy—start by downloading the form here: http://199.241.8.125/index.cfm?FuseAction=MarriageLicenses.Forms

oh that's great! i'd been under the impression that it costs more to get it online. thanks for correcting me (and taking that extra worry off my shoulders). :-)

thank you ladies for all the help, you guys are wonderful and help relieve a lot of stress!

1. My *hopeful* date is less than 6 months away so I would be able to get it confirmed right away. My question is if I call Monday, will I get my date and have to give the deposit right away? Or do I wait till the contract? Just a little confused and want to have my date for sure asap!

2. I would like to do something in memory of our loved ones, any advice for that if it's too windy for a candle?

3. How do we go about picking our officient? are they all the same price?

4. So since a character breakfast isn't weird, any advice on which one? Preferably one close to SBP? If I had a 10am ceremony would we make it to one after? Its something I really want to do for the kids not able to go to a park.

5. Thank you for the tips on the marriage license! That will save us a trip!

1. My *hopeful* date is less than 6 months away so I would be able to get it confirmed right away. My question is if I call Monday, will I get my date and have to give the deposit right away? Or do I wait till the contract? Just a little confused and want to have my date for sure asap!
You send your deposit when you send in your contract. We are in the middle of that part right now and will be sending our contract and deposit on Monday when the post office is open.

2. I would like to do something in memory of our loved ones, any advice for that if it's too windy for a candle?
My fiance just had an idea about those electronic LED candles... they are pretty and the wind will have no affect on it.

3. How do we go about picking our officient? are they all the same price?
Just do a google search for officiants in the Disney area. Also, according to the disney website, they can provide you a list of preferred officiants and their contact information. Since each officiant decides their own price (just like independent vendors), they will not all be the same price.

4. So since a character breakfast isn't weird, any advice on which one? Preferably one close to SBP? If I had a 10am ceremony would we make it to one after? Its something I really want to do for the kids not able to go to a park. if your ceremony is at 10am, you probably won't be eating until around noon. that's lunch time.
i would try Cape May Cafe at yacht and beach club before the ceremony. you can walk to sea breeze point from there, i think. and i'm pretty sure they have characters at breakfast... i'm not certain though (i've never done a character meal anywhere).

We had a 2:30 ceremony at Sea Breeze Point and didn't add ANY extras to the ceremony site itself - the link to my PJ is in my signature if you want to check it out. I took pictures of the cake table and where we ate the cake too - very simple.

We did a character dinner afterwards at Chef Mickey's. Our guests actually took the boat to Hollywood Studios, then hopped on the bus to The Contemporary. It worked PERFECTLY because we took pictures with Regina while they were travelling. We took the limo when we were finished and got there at the exact same time as our guests for dinner.

Good luck!

Love the idea of the whole LED candle! I will have to find a way to make it look pretty. If I brought that and maybe a picture frame will there be somewhere I can set that up at SBP? Will it even be allowed since its an "outside decoration?" My grandmother and I were super close and I get teary eyed everytime I think about that fact that she won't be at my wedding :(

I am going to look into some character dining. I hope that I can work something out. We just have an extremely tight budget so something like that may be the only workable thing. We are having a reception back home for quite a few people a few weeks after our wedding, but I want to make sure I spend some time with the guests that attend my wedding, especially those that aren't spending time in the parks.

This is really starting to freak me out, I don't even have the date yet and I feel sos discouraged making all these plans when nothing is set in stone. I just found out that my Godfather/Uncle is already planning a trip with his family next year since they couldn't afford it this year... How do I ask him to come to my wedding?? I'm afraid he won't be able to afford it and I would love the whole family there, but if not at least him. Ahh the stress is building, sorry for venting :) Any other tips on staying with the Escape budget would be greatly appreciated so I don't lose hope that this is possible!

You may want to consider a single rememberance rose for your grandma. Disney will place it on a chair for you and a member of your party could add a small picture in a frame.

We are a step ahead of you on the planning front. We have returned our contract with deposit and now have our planning pack (Which was emailed) and our AP vouchers and copy of contract (which came by post).

Today was our 180 mark for our trip so I have spent quite a while on the phone making ADRs - had the most fantastic CM Natasha taking my reservations :thumbsup2 (that pesky 12 digit thing for online bookings just doesnt work from the UK). We are having our meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse - we have been lucky - we get married 22 August and the restaurant closes down for referb a few days later :scared1:

Now that I have the majority of ADRs out of the way, its time to tacke the planning kit and send it back so that we can get our BEO.

In the kit there are some suggestions for decorating the various venues ($$$$$$ eeek) I am planning on a few daisies (just like Jackie who posted on here earlier).

Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter