• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escape from Tomorrowland - UNAUTHORIZED DISNEY MOVIE!

Does anyone know of a list of the selected theaters for October 11 yet?

Release will be limited to theaters in major cities. It will also be available via video on demand on the same day.

I don't think it's the kind of movie which will get wide release. NY, LA and maybe a few others. Enough so the movie won't be tagged as direct to video.

Release will be limited to theaters in major cities. It will also be available via video on demand on the same day.

I don't think it's the kind of movie which will get wide release. NY, LA and maybe a few others. Enough so the movie won't be tagged as direct to video.

I figured as much. I was kind of hoping for an Orlando theatre to obtain it...

WDWChloe said:
I figured as much. I was kind of hoping for an Orlando theatre to obtain it...

Maybe Universal will show it at Citywalk. I don't know if AMC can accommodate, corporate policy and procedures, an independent movie. Generally those movies show up in independent "artsy" theaters. Are the movie theaters open at DTD? I'd think Disney would attempt to dissuade AMC from airing the movie at their DTD theater.

Movie will be available on demand.

I read the distributor purchased E&O insurance covering movie theaters which show the movie.

I was wondering what people thought of a movie which was shot at DisneyWorld without the consent/approval of Disney.

They used hand held cameras to look like tourists while filming, had microphones on their body to get audio and kept scripts on their phones so when reading reviewing - they looked like they were just checking their messages

Two things:
1. SHAME ON THEM!
2. I wanna see it :blush:

I watched the trailer on HULUplus and in the beginning, in BIG letters it says something like - In association with Disney Studios - or some such thing. So, Disney isn't balking at this.

But it does look weird!! :lmao:

I watched the trailer on HULUplus and in the beginning, in BIG letters it says something like - In association with Disney Studios - or some such thing. So, Disney isn't balking at this.

But it does look weird!! :lmao:
If you stop the trailer, here's what the slide at the beginning actually says:

THE FOLLOWING MOTION PICTURE HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED FOR

ALL AUDIENCES

BY THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY​

The slide is designed to look like a typical audience appropriateness slide shown before regular movie trailers, but it's actually a disclaimer that The Walt Disney Company is not involved with this movie.

Here's an interesting article about the movie: http://news.moviefone.com/2013/09/19/escape-from-tomorrow-a-movie-secretly-filmed-at-disney-world/

If you stop the trailer, here's what the slide at the beginning actually says:

THE FOLLOWING MOTION PICTURE HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED FOR

ALL AUDIENCES

BY THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY​

The slide is designed to look like a typical audience appropriateness slide shown before regular movie trailers, but it's actually a disclaimer that The Walt Disney Company is not involved with this movie.

Here's an interesting article about the movie: http://news.moviefone.com/2013/09/19/escape-from-tomorrow-a-movie-secretly-filmed-at-disney-world/

Thanks for the clarification - I definitely missed the NOT part LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter