Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

I'm not sure about all the planning. I seem to find more interesting things to do when I plan for months in advance.

I find all the planning helped me make sure I did most of the things I wanted to do but I find the spontaneous moments are the best. :goodvibes

Oh, really?
Or is that because you had a to rush off?

I think it's because we were in a rush to get to CP and I couldn't really enjoy Main Street.

Uh, huh.
Ursalita is up early to see the boys off to school. The door slams. Silence descends on the house.
"Well, might as well have a little nap... zzzzz.... oh look, it's noon. <stretch>"

Yeah, that's not likely. :laughing:

No. To be honest, the descriptions I'd read just didn't appeal to me.
And I really don't need souvenir cards.

I wish I'd known about the cards before we went. The boys were really into Pokemon cards and now they're into baseball cards so they would have liked them.

It has its ups and downs. This past winter/spring Elle (DD17/18) performed a father/daughter dance routine. We won judges choice at one competition (one of only three for about 50? routines) and high marks in all the competitions we were in.
Other times.... the excess of estrogen in the house can be a little overwhelming!

Congrats on the dancing prize. It's great that you guys can enjoy that together. :thumbsup2

I totally relate, sometimes the testosterone is a little much for me. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but it still amazes me how everything gets turned into a weapon. :rotfl2::rotfl:

I can. My girls have too many "beach days" it seems.
They spell it differently too. Sounds about the same, though.

You can never have too many days at the beach. :banana:

At least it's all outside. Hopefully the mess will stay out there, too.

That's true. They'll creep in a little when they do the doors and the electrical. I also have to figure out a way to keep my dog from escaping. Her new trick is finding a way out of the back yard, running down to the river, and jumping into the swamp. She's like Harry the Dirty Dog.

Luna.jpg

Too bad. Did you try it? Was it "gross" or just gross to him?

It was gross. It tasted strangely sweet. Turkey meatloaf is the only meal he asks me to make so it had to be gross for him not to eat it.

Yuck. Send 'em back. Cold fries are icky.

You know, I never think to send food back at a restaurant. It's silly but I feel bad so I just suffer through it. :lmao:

Great shot of the rose. I never got close enough to even see it.

I went over for a brief photo while the table next to it was being cleared off for the next guests. I would have felt awkward leaning over diners to get a photo. :laughing:

Good grief, man. Put some pants on!

What a perv!

Nah. Disney magic. They just appear.

I wish. :rolleyes1

Dang! Another thing we missed.

Happy Summer vacation! It seems odd to me that some people are just now getting out since we have been out for a month. Congrats to Sammy on his graduation and I am glad he is feeling better. I wish 1/2 day Kindergarten was an option here.

I got WAY behind, but I am caught up now and enjoyed reading about your DHS and final MK days. We love Jedi training too. You got some great pictures of Fantasmic. Mine are always really blurry. Great job sticking to your plan that day!

As you know, CP didn't work for me this time either. I am happy you got to see all the characters, but too bad about the Main Street pictures. I didn't realize that the Pirate Adventure was a scavenger hunt. I might need to put that on the list for next time. I'm sorry your BOG food wasn't too good. We have only eaten there once and that was in 2013. On that trip, it was fantastic.

Thanks! We were actually out early compared to some other districts around here. With all the snow we had some people have to go til the end of the month. :eek: I really liked having half day K for my boys. It eased them into school, I don't think they would have been ready for full time right away. But it is better for families who have two working parents. It's the last year for half day, next year they will have full day in my City.

Yeah, CP was a disappointment. Next time I think I'll try Tusker House for early entry pictures or BOG breakfast. I'd also like to try BOG dinner if I can get an ADR. Thanks for reading and commenting. :goodvibes

Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 5

So after we rode Buzz there was pretty much only two things left that I felt I had to do at MK: Dole Whip and Festival of Fantasy parade. I would have also liked to see Wishes but the boys never would have lasted through the evening. It was our last full day and I didn't want to spend it with cranky kids.

It was shortly after two so we walked past the castle to the entrance of Adventureland, found Aloha Isle and ordered us each a Dole Whip. I didn't even get photo because they started melting as soon as we got them. I have to say that I preferred the citrus swirl from Sunshine Terrace that we had on our first MK day. Maybe it was the fact that it melted so quickly but I didn't love it. :confused3

We took our drinks out the back to Frontier Land. We grabbed spots right at the rope near the Bear Jamboree to watch the parade. I stood at the rope while the boys stood back in the shade to finish their Dole Whips. I put our bags down beside me to save some room. I wasn't saving a ton of space, just enough room for both boys and Jamie behind them.

Another family with strollers came along soon after. At this point Sammy had joined me and was standing where I'd placed the bags. But the other family started pushing and taking up the space that Sammy was standing in. I made a comment to Sam about getting squeezed to hopefully get the family to back off. I overheard the dad say something to his kid about not pushing into Sam but eventually he seemed to forget and we were literally being pushed out of our spots. :furious: The incredible thing was that it was still early and there were several spots still available elsewhere right along the ropes.

I finally gathered up our stuff and went across the way to a great spot on the other side of the street. I was slightly annoyed that we had to move but the new spot was just as good as the one we'd had and we weren't squeezed out of it this time. :thumbsup2

We didn't have long to wait before the parade started. I loved it! :lovestruc I took a ton of pictures that I'm going to share. It will probably take a couple posts but I really like all of them so I'll just be obnoxious and post em all. :laughing:

DSC_1016TR.jpg

DSC_1018TR.jpg

DSC_1020TR.jpg

DSC_1022TR.jpg

DSC_1024TR.jpg

DSC_1027TR.jpg

DSC_1029TR.jpg

DSC_1031TR.jpg

I just realized that you can see the spot where we had been standing in these photos.

DSC_1032TR.jpg

DSC_1035TR.jpg

More photos to come.

Last edited:
It's looking to be a busy summer. We're having some work done on the house - new siding, doors, and a porch - that should be starting in a couple weeks. :eek: :faint:
I'm sure it will be an inconvenience, but it will be nice once it is done!

Jamie's planning a mini baseball vacation next month. :rolleyes2 We'll be seeing 3 minor league games over the course of a week:
Looks like a fun week to me!

Even despite the Yankees affiliations. :rolleyes1

Jamie and I liked our sandwiches but the fries were cold.
That's disappointing. I've always thought the fries there are very good!

but the best part was the grey stuff cupcake.
::yes::

Can anyone guess what we did next?
Laugh Floor?

Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 7

Merida was awesome! She waved at the boys and mimed firing a bow and arrow at them.

DSC_1052TR.jpg

Aidan's face afterwards:

DSC_1054TR.jpg

:love:

:rotfl2:

DSC_1056TR.jpg

DSC_1059TR.jpg

I absolutely loved all the costumes. I couldn't pick favorites so I'm sharing all of them.

DSC_1061TR.jpg

2 views of the dragon.

DSC_1063TR.jpg

DSC_1066TR.jpg

And I can't forget the dragon driver. ;)

DSC_1068TR.jpg

DSC_1069TR.jpg

DSC_1071TR.jpg

Still more to come.

Last edited:
So after we rode Buzz there was pretty much only two things left that I felt I had to do at MK: Dole Whip and Festival of Fantasy parade.
And I was clearly wrong...

I have to say that I preferred the citrus swirl from Sunshine Terrace that we had on our first MK day.
I can't disagree. Both are good, but I think I prefer the citrus swirl as well.

I overheard the dad say something to his kid about not pushing into Sam but eventually he seemed to forget and we were literally being pushed out of our spots.
:sad2:

It will probably take a couple posts but I really like all of them so I'll just be obnoxious and post em all. :laughing:
Fine with me!!!

Enjoying all the pictures so far! You really did get a lot of them. Glad to see them though since I've not managed to see that entire parade.

Great updates!!

So sorry about your sub-par food experience at BOG. I'm glad the cupcake was good though...I never got a chance to try it but hope to next time. The thing I found weird at BOG is that it would have been hard to go back and order dessert if you decided you wanted it after your meal...that's why we never tried any desserts...we didn't want to order them up front because we weren't sure about what/if we'd want dessert. All this planning is starting to make my head spin...soon Disney's gonna start making us schedule bathroom breaks three months out lol

You got some great parade pics and such...

Aside from Disney...you are lucky to be able to do beach days!! And your little road trip sounds amazing!! I love that area and wish we could have spent more time around there when we went on a New England road trip last summer...one day...we will go back!

Hey look I'm keeping up!! :rotfl2:

Sorry you didn't enjoy the food at BOG, I've only ever done dinner there and I have to say none of the lunch options really appeal. :confused3

Urg that family pushing you guys in line :sad2: seriously its like people some how think if there is someone even slightly in front of them then all of a suddenly they are going to go blind and not be able to see!! :rolleyes2 Even though there view is actually exactly the same without squishing people and kids.

I love your FoF photos! Post em' all! ::yes::

dsc_1054tr-jpg.104821

So adorbz!

But what happened here??

Did someone get murdered?? Or run over by a float?? I never knew FoF was so violent! :scared1: :rotfl:

Sorry I'm so far behind - I can't even remember where I left off commenting!

Sorry to hear BOG lunch wasn't so great. :( And sad that you didn't manage to get to see Wishes - but you definitely made up for it with some amazing FoF photos!

Yeah, that's not likely. :laughing:

Okay... 1pm then.

I wish I'd known about the cards before we went. The boys were really into Pokemon cards and now they're into baseball cards so they would have liked them.

Possibly. But not for me.

Congrats on the dancing prize.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I totally relate, sometimes the testosterone is a little much for me. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but it still amazes me how everything gets turned into a weapon. :rotfl2::rotfl:

:laughing: I get that. At my house, everything gets turned into drama.

She's like Harry the Dirty Dog.

:laughing:

You know, I never think to send food back at a restaurant. It's silly but I feel bad so I just suffer through it. :lmao:

I hear you. It has to be really, really bad before I do that.

I went over for a brief photo while the table next to it was being cleared off for the next guests. I would have felt awkward leaning over diners to get a photo. :laughing:

Ditto.

What a perv!
:lmao:

Going back to read the updates now.

So after we rode Buzz there was pretty much only two things left that I felt I had to do at MK: Dole Whip and Festival of Fantasy parade.

Both very good things to have on the list.

I would have also liked to see Wishes but the boys never would have lasted through the evening.

Oh, too bad. Wishes is the best part of everything Disney.

It was our last full day and I didn't want to spend it with cranky kids.

But I get your reasons why.

Maybe it was the fact that it melted so quickly but I didn't love it. :confused3

Or because you had a Dole whip and not a Dole whip float?
(Of course it's not for everyone... nothing is. Not even. Gasp! Dare I say it?... Zebra Domes.)

I put our bags down beside me to save some room. I wasn't saving a ton of space, just enough room for both boys and Jamie behind them.

I already can see how this is going to go.

eventually he seemed to forget and we were literally being pushed out of our spots. :furious:

Oh, man. I'm angry reading this!!!

I was slightly annoyed that we had to move

Slightly? Slightly annoyed?!?!?! I would've been livid!!!
"Come on kids." Said in a loud, carrying voice. "This jerk and his stupid family obviously feel entitled to the spot we've been standing in for the last xx minutes. Let's find someplace less obnoxious."

GRRRRRRRRRRR...... I hate people like that. I really do.

We didn't have long to wait before the parade started. I loved it!

Ok. Settling down now.

It is an amazing parade. Best one I've seen other than the Halloween parade.

I took a ton of pictures that I'm going to share.

:laughing: That seems to be a recurring theme with this parade.

I really like all of them so I'll just be obnoxious and post em all. :laughing:

:laughing: You go girl!

I just realized that you can see the spot where we had been standing in these photos.

Point them out! Point them out!

You had me at Hello.

:laughing: Okay.

Aidan's face afterwards:

dsc_1054tr-jpg.104821

Awwww.... Someone's a bit happy.

Nice shots!!
The dragon didn't breathe fire when I was there. (Maybe he had a cold?)

And I never noticed him either.
Hmmm.... maybe the two are related.

Still more to come.

:laughing: Sure!

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I've been following for a while. Love your report! We will have to check out that spot for the parade in August!

Okay, I'm busy for like 3 days and I miss 3 updates? Man, I really can't afford to fall behind on my DIS time.

Jamie's planning a mini baseball vacation next month. :rolleyes2 We'll be seeing 3 minor league games over the course of a week:

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Yankee AAA) @ Pawtucket Red Sox
Vermont Lake Monsters @ CT Tigers (No Yankee affiliation, the boys like the Lake Monster's Mascot :laughing:)
Trenton Thunder (Yankee AA) @ NH Fisher Cats

Very cool! I've seen at least 3 of those teams (Railriders, although not since before the name change, Tigers, and Thunder), possibly more (I think I saw the VT Lake Monsters play someone once).

We were right next to the fireplace so I got a photo of the portrait changing. It took me til the end of the meal to figure out when it would switch over but I finally got it.

I still haven't figured out when it switches over ... but I've also never sat in the West Wing, I'm usually only there for a few minutes for pictures, so I've never really paid attention to the change.

Aidan loved the rose.

I don't blame him, that rose is awesome!

For those of you who wanted to see my awful pictures this gives you an idea of just how horrific my hair was. :scared1:

Hair and Florida ... it just never works out well.

Another family with strollers came along soon after. At this point Sammy had joined me and was standing where I'd placed the bags. But the other family started pushing and taking up the space that Sammy was standing in. I made a comment to Sam about getting squeezed to hopefully get the family to back off. I overheard the dad say something to his kid about not pushing into Sam but eventually he seemed to forget and we were literally being pushed out of our spots. :furious: The incredible thing was that it was still early and there were several spots still available elsewhere right along the ropes.

I love people ...
I guess people see other people standing somewhere while other spots are available and assume the open spots must be bad spots ... if not, why wouldn't someone be standing there? So of course, everyone has to squeeze into the good spot, it doesn't matter if you're in someone else's way...

We didn't have long to wait before the parade started. I loved it! :lovestruc

I still haven't seen it, but this seems to be what everyone says! Maybe I'll try to see it in January ...
Thanks for sharing all the pictures, they're great!

mk_buzzlightyearride_7286944735tr-jpg.104424

For those of you who wanted to see my awful pictures this gives you an idea of just how horrific my hair was. :scared1:
Forget the hair, I love the concentration in all your faces. Clearly you are a competitive family ; )

It was shortly after two so we walked past the castle to the entrance of Adventureland, found Aloha Isle and ordered us each a Dole Whip. I didn't even get photo because they started melting as soon as we got them. I have to say that I preferred the citrus swirl from Sunshine Terrace that we had on our first MK day. Maybe it was the fact that it melted so quickly but I didn't love it.
While I think most people are firmly in the dole whip or citrus swirl camps, I think what ya really need to try is the dole whip with rum at Animal Kingdom. I'm typically a fan of both the whip and the swirl, but add some rum and it really kicks it up a notch

We didn't have long to wait before the parade started. I loved it! :lovestruc I took a ton of pictures that I'm going to share. It will probably take a couple posts but I really like all of them so I'll just be obnoxious and post em all. :laughing:
Your pictures are all amazing and really capture the heart of the parade. I'm not typically a parade fan, but FoF even melted my grinch heart.

Aidan's face afterwards:

dsc_1054tr-jpg.104821

Makes it all worth it doesn't it ; )

Wow! FoF looks AMAZING. Unfortunately, it was at naptime for us. I hope they keep it around for a couple of years so we get to see it. Your pictures are just gorgeous.

This morning we were up early for our 8:15 ADR at Crystal Palace.

I love breakfast at Crystal Palace, it's the only thing we make sure to do every year :goodvibes And I book it before park opening just for the photos too!

This photo is PERFECT! :love:

While we waited I heard a guy behind me remark to another guy about what they do for their daughters. :rotfl: I told him that I was making my sons see the princess with me so that's probably worse. :rotfl2:

This made me laugh! :laughing: I'd be exactly the same!

Jamie and I liked our sandwiches but the fries were cold.

Which sandwiches did you have? I looove the turkey sandwich :goodvibes

Well done for getting this shot, I've heard it's pretty instantaneous, and difficult to capture! :thumbsup2

I finally gathered up our stuff and went across the way to a great spot on the other side of the street. I was slightly annoyed that we had to move but the new spot was just as good as the one we'd had and we weren't squeezed out of it this time. :thumbsup2

Ugh it's so annoying. So many people have such a high sense of entitlement because they spent a lot of money on their trip.. errm HELLOOO, we all spent a lot of money to be here. I'm glad you found a great spot in the end :goodvibes

dsc_1068tr-jpg.104827

What a cool job!!! :laughing:

Sometimes I think wandering around MK (or Epcot or AK, for that matter) is just a great way to spend your time. Maybe you aren't "accomplishing" all that much, but there's just so much to see. I hate you didn't like BOG lunch. We have that exact dining schedule (CP pre-open breakfast and BOG lunch) planned so I'm hoping it goes well.

Hey we have both those Stitches! Can you believe I've never ridden the Peoplemover? Gotta fix that this trip.

I loooooove that parade. Hate you got squeezed out of your spot but glad you got another good one, especially if it meant you didn't have to deal with rude people. Loving all your gorgeous FoF pics! I could look at pics of that parade ALL day. It's just perfection.

Sorry I'm way behind but just wanted to say I loved your FoF parade pics! I want to be the dragon driver!!

I love both of these things! ::yes::

I just... I can't even. Why are people at Disney usually so far up their own butts like this??? :confused3

Oh, GOOD! I'm so happy that it ended up all working out for you! :goodvibes

We didn't have long to wait before the parade started. I loved it! :lovestruc
Yassss! Isn't it great? I was surprised at how much I loved it! :cutie:

I took a ton of pictures that I'm going to share. It will probably take a couple posts but I really like all of them so I'll just be obnoxious and post em all. :laughing:
I love love LOVE all the photos!!! Thank you for sharing them all! :thumbsup2

Sorry it's been so long since I've been to the DIS. :sad1: Summer is in full swing and it's been pretty busy. The house is thoroughly under construction and we've been trying to make the most of these summer days. It goes by so fast! I hope to get another update up soon once I've caught up on all the reports I'm following. :)

I'm sure it will be an inconvenience, but it will be nice once it is done!

It's a HUGE inconvenience. I definitely underestimated how much it would affect our daily life. But they are about halfway through and it's SO worth it. I'm so happy we did it.

Looks like a fun week to me!

Even despite the Yankees affiliations. :rolleyes1

Yeah. I was a Red Sox fan when I met him. I gave up that fight after 10+ years of marriage. :rotfl2:

Fine with me!!!

Enjoying all the pictures so far! You really did get a lot of them. Glad to see them though since I've not managed to see that entire parade.

Thank you ! I hope you get to see the whole parade sometime. :goodvibes

Great updates!!

So sorry about your sub-par fo od experience at BOG. I'm glad the cupcake was good though...I never got a chance to try it but hope to next time. The thing I found weird at BOG is that it would have been hard to go back and order dessert if you decided you wanted it after your meal...that's why we never tried any desserts...we didn't want to order them up front because we weren't sure about what/if we'd want dessert. All this planning is starting to make my head spin...soon Disney's gonna start making us schedule bathroom breaks three months out lol

You got some great parade pics and such...

Aside from Disney...you are lucky to be able to do beach days!! And your little road trip sounds amazing!! I love that area and wish we could have spent more time around there when we went on a New England road trip last summer...one day...we will go back!

Even thought the food wasn't great the experience at BOG made up for it. And from what I hear the food is usually quite good so I won't hesitate to try again. Yeah, I thought about getting another cupcake while we were there but didn't know where to start. :confused3

There are beautiful beaches in Rhode Island, we are very lucky. :goodvibes Unfortunately the construction on our house made it impossible for us to get away to NH. No problem, we'll get another chance soon I'm sure. New England has so much to offer. Maybe visit in the fall sometime to see the colors. :thumbsup2

Hey look I'm keeping up!! :rotfl2:

Sorry you didn't enjoy the food at BOG, I've only ever done dinner there and I have to say none of the lunch options really appeal. :confused3

Urg that family pushing you guys in line :sad2: seriously its like people some how think if there is someone even slightly in front of them then all of a suddenly they are going to go blind and not be able to see!! :rolleyes2 Even though there view is actually exactly the same without squishing people and kids.

I love your FoF photos! Post em' all! ::yes::

:rotfl2:You start keeping up and I go on a DIS break. But thank you for coming by. :goodvibes

I think I'll try dinner at BOG next time if I'm lucky enough to score an ADR.

IDK, they were a pretty big family, guess they needed a lot of room. :confused3

I've got more photos to post, coming soon. :thumbsup2

Did someone get murdered?? Or run over by a float?? I never knew FoF was so violent! :scared1: :rotfl:

I LOVE the darker themed costumes! :lovestruc Maybe more than the happy ones. Yeah, definitely more. I don't know what that says about me. :rolleyes1

Sorry I'm so far behind - I can't even remember where I left off commenting!

Sorry to hear BOG lunch wasn't so great. :( And sad that you didn't manage to get to see Wishes - but you definitely made up for it with some amazing FoF photos!

I'm am so far behind, too! Don't worry about it. Oh, it wasn't so bad. I really loved the restaurant itself and I look forward to trying dinner if I can get an ADR. I was disappointed with not seeing Wishes but we had seen it before. This trip I wanted to see new things and I think we succeeded in that. :thumbsup2

Oh, too bad. Wishes is the best part of everything Disney.

I know. I really did hope to see it but I'm not too disappointed. I did get to experience lots of things we hadn't done before so I can't complain. Next time. :thumbsup2

But I get your reasons why.

Right? Sammy wished all the animals at AK would go extinct. I don't even want to know what he would have wished to befall MK. :scared1:

Or because you had a Dole whip and not a Dole whip float?
(Of course it's not for everyone... nothing is. Not even. Gasp! Dare I say it?... Zebra Domes.)

You might have something here. I think last time I had the float. :scratchin Hadn't heard of Zebra Domes when we ate at Boma 2 trips ago. I hate the thought that I didn't have one or worse, that I did and never knew it. :sad2:

I already can see how this is going to go.

It always happens that way, doesn't it?

Slightly? Slightly annoyed?!?!?! I would've been livid!!!
"Come on kids." Said in a loud, carrying voice. "This jerk and his stupid family obviously feel entitled to the spot we've been standing in for the last xx minutes. Let's find someplace less obnoxious."

GRRRRRRRRRRR...... I hate people like that. I really do.

Me, too. It's the entitlement that I can't stand. Like people who park in Handicapped spots. It makes me :scared:

I was really just annoyed because right across from me were some really great spots. So I was annoyed about having to move but at least I had somewhere to move to. If there weren't any good spots available me and that dude would have had words. ::yes::

Ok. Settling down now.

It is an amazing parade. Best one I've seen other than the Halloween parade.

I don't know if I could say one is better than the other - they're both so different. We got to see the Halloween parade last trip. Sammy was obsessed with the headless horseman after we told him about the parade. I tried to get a shot of the headless horseman but my P&S couldn't capture it. I got a DSLR when we got back.

Point them out! Point them out!

Ugh. I hate to do stuff like this. The dad's wearing a hat and he's standing behind a bunch of kids and strollers. Rapunzel. :rolleyes1

Awwww.... Someone's a bit happy.

Instead of the parade I should take pictures of my kids watching the parade. :love:

Nice shots!!
The dragon didn't breathe fire when I was there. (Maybe he had a cold?)

Maybe the driver had a cold.

And I never noticed him either.
Hmmm.... maybe the two are related.

Ditto.

I've been following for a while. Love your report! We will have to check out that spot for the parade in August!

:welcome:Thank you for coming by. I hope you get a great spot to view the parade!

Very cool! I've seen at least 3 of those teams (Railriders, although not since before the name change, Tigers, and Thunder), possibly more (I think I saw the VT Lake Monsters play someone once).

Awesome! Unfortunately we didn't get to take our little road trip because of the house construction. It's not too disappointing because the updates on the house are really going to be great. :thumbsup2 We did get to see the Lake Monsters in Norwich on the 4th. I think that's going to be our new July 4th tradition. They have some great fireworks!

I still haven't figured out when it switches over ... but I've also never sat in the West Wing, I'm usually only there for a few minutes for pictures, so I've never really paid attention to the change.

I think it has something to do with the thunder/lightning and the rose. Honestly, I just stared at the portrait when I heard the thunder and eventually got it.

Hair and Florida ... it just never works out well.

Why do we bother. :confused3:rotfl:

I love people ...
I guess people see other people standing somewhere while other spots are available and assume the open spots must be bad spots ... if not, why wouldn't someone be standing there? So of course, everyone has to squeeze into the good spot, it doesn't matter if you're in someone else's way...

I guess they are too wrapped up in their own experience which I get. I was just surprised that they forced me out of mine when there were other spots available. :confused3

I still haven't seen it, but this seems to be what everyone says! Maybe I'll try to see it in January ...
Thanks for sharing all the pictures, they're great!

I really hope you get to see it. :goodvibes

Forget the hair, I love the concentration in all your faces. Clearly you are a competitive family ; )

:rotfl:

While I think most people are firmly in the dole whip or citrus swirl camps, I think what ya really need to try is the dole whip with rum at Animal Kingdom. I'm typically a fan of both the whip and the swirl, but add some rum and it really kicks it up a notch

I think I might have had the Dole Whip float last time so maybe that's why I was disappointed. I'm sure rum would be just what is needed to give the advantage to the Whip.

Your pictures are all amazing and really capture the heart of the parade. I'm not typically a parade fan, but FoF even melted my grinch heart.

I'm with you. I don't like parades. My neighborhood has an historical parade and I skip it every year. But FoF is amazing! :thumbsup2

Makes it all worth it doesn't it ; )

It really does. :goodvibes

Wow! FoF looks AMAZING. Unfortunately, it was at naptime for us. I hope they keep it around for a couple of years so we get to see it. Your pictures are just gorgeous.

I hope they keep it around. It's beautiful. :goodvibes I hope you get to see it some day.

I love breakfast at Crystal Palace, it's the only thing we make sure to do every year :goodvibes And I book it before park opening just for the photos too!

I just think I need to give myself more time for photos.

This made me laugh! :laughing: I'd be exactly the same!

I made them suffer so many indignities this trip. :laughing:

Which sandwiches did you have? I looove the turkey sandwich :goodvibes

Jamie Loved the turkey sandwich. I got the croque monsieur and it was quite good. Just the fries were bad.

Well done for getting this shot, I've heard it's pretty instantaneous, and difficult to capture! :thumbsup2

Thanks. I think it has to do with the thunder and lightning. I pretty much just aimed my camera in the general direction and waited. :laughing:

Ugh it's so annoying. So many people have such a high sense of entitlement because they spent a lot of money on their trip.. errm HELLOOO, we all spent a lot of money to be here. I'm glad you found a great spot in the end :goodvibes

Entitlement kills me. :sad2:

What a cool job!!! :laughing:

I know, right? Breathe fire at Disney, what could be better.

Sometimes I think wandering around MK (or Epcot or AK, for that matter) is just a great way to spend your time. Maybe you aren't "accomplishing" all that much, but there's just so much to see. I hate you didn't like BOG lunch. We have that exact dining schedule (CP pre-open breakfast and BOG lunch) planned so I'm hoping it goes well.

Hey we have both those Stitches! Can you believe I've never ridden the Peoplemover? Gotta fix that this trip.

I loooooove that parade. Hate you got squeezed out of your spot but glad you got another good one, especially if it meant you didn't have to deal with rude people. Loving all your gorgeous FoF pics! I could look at pics of that parade ALL day. It's just perfection.

I did not hate BOG lunch. The food was ok. Not great - there were some problems - but our sandwiches were good. The decor of the restaurant cancelled out any food complaints. CP breakfast - I should have gotten there earlier. I think you will have a great experience. :thumbsup2 Peoplemover is one of my favorites, I hope you like it.

Sorry I'm way behind but just wanted to say I loved your FoF parade pics! I want to be the dragon driver!!

Thank you! What a perfect job!

I love both of these things! ::yes::

Glad to know I chose well.

I just... I can't even. Why are people at Disney usually so far up their own butts like this??? :confused3

I guess it's hard to think about others when they are having such a great experience. Disney is great at making every person feel special.

Oh, GOOD! I'm so happy that it ended up all working out for you! :goodvibes

It worked out fine, glad we moved. I do think my pictures would have been better from our first spot because of the glare.

Yassss! Isn't it great? I was surprised at how much I loved it! :cutie:
I'm not a parade person and I loved it. My town has an historic parade and I never go. But I love FoF?!?

I love love LOVE all the photos!!! Thank you for sharing them all! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter