• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

It was here that I had my first FAIL of the trip. I'm not nearly a frequent flyer so I made the mistake of packing the sunscreen (2 large tubes and 2 aerosol cans) in the carry-on. I didn't realize it was considered a liquid so it was confiscated by TSA right then and there. $30 bucks worth of sunscreen gone.
:headache: That stinks.

She responded, "Look at this relic!" Apparently they've stopped sending out the booklets so she was surprised to see it.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Come on... do you think it is 2008 or something?

Well, except for the giant dead bug on the windshield. :scared1:
You can't win 'em all. Great picture despite the dead bug.

liked that we were close to the pool but the view was obstructed by the trees.
The room looks fantastic, even if the view is a bit obstructed.

Ugh, stinks about the sunscreen but what can you do. So funny that you just get on the plane and find seats!! I've never been on a plane where there isn't assigned seating! Glad you were able to sit together! The room does look lovely!!

Following along! I can't wait to hear about your trip, especially what you thought of the Yacht Club- I'm staying there in August with my DS6.

That's the one good thing about the airport in RI there's never a line at security :-)

It's the best feeling in the world to see those big beautiful purple gates!!! I've never gotten the front of the bus to get a good picture of them though so hopefully this coming trip we can get one.

Despite the trees...that's still a nice view!! Can't wait to hear more :) We are staying at the Beach Club in 5 weeks!

Yep, totally feel ya on the sunscreen fiasco. We are seasoned travelers and our last trip down south, not only did I pack the tubes in our carry-on, I actually bought them at the Airport-right before going through security. DOH!!! So a huge amount of money down the drain, when I definitely know better. Glad the rest of your start was smooth!!!

Hi Colleen!! I'm here!! OMG I can SO relate to a kid that can be super cranky...it can be a challenge!!! I look forward to reading about how it all went!!

Hi Kathy! Thanks for joining in. Sam can be super cranky but also super fun. He definitely has some extremes with his personalities but he's so funny. I just love him to death

I'm joining in too. Looking forward to your report. :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I hope you enjoy it.

Can't wait to read more! I have always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club.

:welcome: Thank you! The YC was lovely.

There seem to be two copies of this thread?

Oh, that is not good. :sad2: I don't know how that happened. Thank you for letting me know.

Woohoo, a new dining report and a trip report. It's my lucky day. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Hey, Kari! So glad to have you here. I hope you enjoy. :goodvibes

Don't beat yourself up too much about the sunscreen thing. As far as Fails go, that's really a small one! :hug:

As for me, I kinda like Southwest and their casual laid back attitude. Maybe it is sarcasm, but I'm a sarcastic person myself, and like birds of a feather... :rotfl:

I love your room at the Yacht Club! That looks so comfy! :cloud9:

That's really great that you were so close to the quiet pool, even if you couldn't see the action from your room! :thumbsup2

Did the cat do the cat thing and pretend not to care?

Of course she did but I loved all over her anyway because she's a punk.

:sad2:
That's a mistake you'll probably only make once.

Um, you would think so...

Just curious. Was this entertainment brought along? Or does SWA have seatback TV?

Southwest does not have the TV. They have wifi with some free content but you have to have a player installed and I didn't have the foresight to do that. We brought a portable DVD player and some new DVDs. Nothing Disney, just some cheap DVDs we picked up at Target. They also had their Nintendo DS, my iPad (Minecraft) and DH's Kindle. I'm not sure they had enough electronics.

What? No faux monorail pic?

I'm really going to have to consider whether or not to continue following this TR.

Still thinking.

Hang on.

Ummm....

Okay. I'll stick around.
But no more slip ups!

I'll try to do better going forward. :)

:laughing:
However... What do they use if they don't use the booklets anymore, I wonder?

I guess they just do the Magic Bands since everyone staying on property will have one. :confused3

Nice!

Jimminy!

Standing by...
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

:headache: That stinks.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Come on... do you think it is 2008 or something?

I'm not sure if you're laughing at me or the Disney CM. Either way, it was funny.

You can't win 'em all. Great picture despite the dead bug.

It actually looks like a majestic bird of prey in the photo so not so terrible.

The room looks fantastic, even if the view is a bit obstructed.

I actually liked the obstructed view. As I go back and read what I wrote I can see how it sounds like I didn't like the obstructed view. In fact ... how do I put this delicately? ... I liked not having to see EVERYTHING at the pool.

Excited to read your TR! I love re- living everyone else's vacations with them almost as much as I love taking my own!
Your room at YC looks very nice!
Can't wait to hear more :hyper2:

Ugh, stinks about the sunscreen but what can you do. So funny that you just get on the plane and find seats!! I've never been on a plane where there isn't assigned seating! Glad you were able to sit together! The room does look lovely!!

I'm such an idiot I just had to laugh about the sunscreen. Yeah, Southwest doesn't have assigned seating. You can pay extra to board early to get good seats. Then you can check in 24 hours before the flight to get a good boarding position. If you wait until you get to the airport you have to board last and you have very few options. On our flight they were asking for someone to give up their seat to let a mom and very young child sit together. I overheard the crew give the guy who gave up his seat a $50 voucher.

Following along! I can't wait to hear about your trip, especially what you thought of the Yacht Club- I'm staying there in August with my DS6.

:welcome: Thanks for following along. I can't say enough about the YC. We loved it! :love: They are great with the kiddos!

Reading along! So glad you guys had a good time!
~Your fellow Colleen in RI :goodvibes

Hi Colleen!! So happy to hear from you! How's your mom doing?

That's the one good thing about the airport in RI there's never a line at security :-)

It's the best feeling in the world to see those big beautiful purple gates!!! I've never gotten the front of the bus to get a good picture of them though so hopefully this coming trip we can get one.

TF Green is such a great airport! I feel so blessed that I was able to snap a relatively unobstructed view. :goodvibes

So did you use the booklet? What contingency do they have in place for folks outside the US?

I did have the booklet... but I'm not entirely sure I actually used it.
I remember making sure I had it in my carry-on... but don't recall if I pulled it out.
Might have.... might not have...

That's so sweet of you to ask about my mom! She is doing great! She doesn't have to wear the "boot" or any braces and is down to PT once or twice a week. She is slowly building her walking stamina so she will be ready for our trip in October!
Love reading along about your awesome vaca! Have a great weekend- I hope we get some nice weather here :banana:

I'm not sure if you're laughing at me or the Disney CM. Either way, it was funny.
Well, I was laughing at the CM, but now that you mention it... :rolleyes1

I actually liked the obstructed view. As I go back and read what I wrote I can see how it sounds like I didn't like the obstructed view. In fact ... how do I put this delicately? ... I liked not having to see EVERYTHING at the pool.
:rotfl2: Gotcha. Excellent point! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter