Escape from Reality - 10 night live trip report - The Escape has begun!

What a wonderful day (and extremely hot one too)
Dude, it's a wonder we didn't all wind up with heat stroke! :faint:
Princess V and Leo were terrific hosts at their home park.:goodvibes
Aw, thank you! :goodvibes It was so fun to share our favorite animal park with you!
V and I even did a version of baby swap and got to ride Sheikra.
::yes:: Thank you again - it ROCKED!!! :woohoo:
The animals were plentiful, we even saw a baby rhino born on August 25th, it was so small and cute!:goodvibes

ry%3D400
Cutest. Thing. EVER. :cutie:
After a much needed shower, I headed down to Il Mulino.

OMG!!!

It was Il Yumino!
Okay, I'm nearly convinced to try adding it to our Dec. lineup. It's becoming the all-Italian food trip with Tutto and Via Napoli, lol!

Glad you enjoyed your day with V & Leo at BG. I have got to get over these next time.
::yes::

I also realized that the resort fee isn't costing me as I would have had to pay for internet at a WDW hotel, and I also get the 2 bottles of water each day. So the only thing I am paying extra for is the $11 parking fee, but it is still cheaper than any WDW Epcot resort, substantially cheaper.
Fuzzy Disney Math at its best! :thumbsup2
WIth RD at 8:50:thumbsup2 I headed to KS, per V's suggestion. And boy was she right. Tons of animals (in no particular order):
Hooray! I was hoping it worked for you, too!
I kept ducking into shops for the AC.
Okay, you all know my feeling on the AK v. BG front, but this is where AK reigns supreme - there is nowhere to duck into AC at BG. :sad2:
THen I went on JC, now V had warned me and I didn't want to believe her.

There was no Ginger Snap, no inspire you to go, no paradox.:confused:
:sad2: Don't even get me started. :mad:

As I left JC, I noticed there was no line at the Dole Whip and I had never had one. Nope, not ever.

Well I have now and yes they are good, I love pineapple and on a hot night it was perfect.
Did you say it right, like our favourite Brit?! Jo, I'm now incapable of saying it any other way after hanging out with you guys, lol!

Hope you're having a fun day Mo! :yay:

Where is vacation going????

I can't believe only 4 days left.

Yesterday was great.

Aguatice is a great park.

I still like TL better, but if you are going to any other park like SW, BG, Universal, it is cheaper to buy the multi park ticket and Aquatica is a very nice 2nd choice. I would always pick it over BB. (sorry Jo)

I got there before rope drop and was able to find a nice spot under an umbrella on the beach. Even if I had showed up at noon I could have had a very nice spot under an umbrella. THere were more empty chairs then those with towels on them.

It was hot and even with going in and out of the water I was getting a headache. I ended leaving about 1:30 or 2.

I came back here and got some laundry done. Very quick, no wait, done in less than an hour.

CAme back to the room, napped and showered before heading over for dinner.

It was gorgeous out last night and a nice walk over to the BC to go to Cape May. I was certain about this ADR as last time I ate there I wasn't impressed.

I am glad a I gave it another chance.

It was excellant.

THe ribs were fall off the bone delicious.

The shrimp, clams, mussels were all yummy.

The desserts, wow.

THey had mini lava cakes that were so moist and delicious.

I was stuffed so I headed over to Epcot to walk it off, which is then that I realized it was Monday and the Jets were playing at 7, enough said.

So now I am getting ready to head over for puffy goodness and to try something new. I have been dieing to do what I am about to do for years and never got around to it.

See you later.

Hi there,
I love reading this live report, so fun! I'm guessing your on your way to Crystal Palace very soon :goodvibes. On our next trip we are planning to fit in a couple of non Disney days. BG looks like a good choice from your report or maybe Discovery Cove and Aquatica would be fun. Glad you enjoyed Cape May Cafe, we loved it when we stayed at BC in June! The Swan sounds really nice too.

Thanks for asking about Thomas. Yes he had surgery on a lump in his neck and everything turned out great, thank god. He started Kindergarten a few weeks ago and my Kaylee is in 5th grade already. I have to upload some Lola pics for you. Sorry the Jets lost last night :guilty: DH was disappointed too.

Nuh-uh, really? :sad2:

I came back here and got some laundry done. Very quick, no wait, done in less than an hour.
:cloud9:

I was stuffed so I headed over to Epcot to walk it off, which is then that I realized it was Monday and the Jets were playing at 7, enough said.
LOL! Did they win?

I have been dieing to do what I am about to do for years and never got around to it.
popcorn::

No way, already?:confused3

Yesterday was great.

I still like TL better, but if you are going to any other park like SW, BG, Universal, it is cheaper to buy the multi park ticket and Aquatica is a very nice 2nd choice. I would always pick it over BB. (sorry Jo)

Good to know, if Jmmy ever actually gets into the whole water park thing!

So now I am getting ready to head over for puffy goodness

This is as surprising as to hear you shopped;)

and to try something new. I have been dieing to do what I am about to do for years and never got around to it.

See you later.

Oh no, you didn't just leave that hanging out there:headache:popcorn::

Thanks for asking about Thomas. Yes he had surgery on a lump in his neck and everything turned out great, thank god. He started Kindergarten a few weeks ago and my Kaylee is in 5th grade already. I have to upload some Lola pics for you.

Glad to hear everything if ok and yes I need pics;)

This is as surprising as to hear you shopped;)
Believeit or not I don't shop that much at home. I really don't.

SOrry V I thought I quoted you too - you do know you are the only personthat actually likes doing laundry on vacation, right?

Awesome day!

Bit of a lzy morning and then a late breakfast at Crystal Palace for the puffy french toast, a.k.a. puffy goodness. NOt too bad of a wait and the puffiness was as delicious as ever.

I then took the boat over to the GF so I could...

Rent a Sea Raycer!!!!

It was fantastic I rode all over 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Went past WL, the campgrounds, the old River COuntry and Discovery Island. When you get away from the WDW transportation boats if was fun to throttle down. YOu don't super fast, but fast enough. Tons of fun to catch another boat's wake.

AP gets a 15% discount:thumbsup2

WIth that I headed back for some pool time. Went to the quiet pool and read, swam, read some more, swam some more.

Then headed up for a shower and a nap.

THen it was off to MNSSHP.

I love this event.

I was in the mood for a burger so I tried Peco Bill's for the first time. That fixins bar is fantastic.

By the time I finished dinner it was 6. I think I went over to Peoplemover and strolled around a bit.

PSA - anyone using the Disney Rewards card from you r Visa always save the receipt and check it against the new one. My ice cream was charged double but when they checked the machine had it once. Because I had the receipt from dinner an hour before and the differnce was exactly doubled the price of the icecream they did correct it. But only after going up the ladder.

It was then party time.

I think WDW has gotten more effective at having non party guests leave the park.

It was a great night and great weather.

Saw the parade 2x and the fireworks were as great as always.

Even with no rain, the Headless Horseman now goes by at a very slow trot. A little disappointing as his ride was always so exciting.

Crowds remain very light.

I have a lazy day planned today, but do have a breakfast reservation.

Will post some pics later.

Believeit or not I don't shop that much at home. I really don't.

You trying to convince me or yourself;) LY Mo:hug:

SOrry V I thought I quoted you too - you do know you are the only personthat actually likes doing laundry on vacation, right?

::yes:: But we love her anyway:hug:

Awesome day!

It sounds like a great day! Breakfast with Pooh is always a great way to start. THe Sea Racers sound cool:thumbsup2 Could you see anything of River Country. How sad did it look:sad2:

Someday I am getting to the Halloween Party

I do, and I'm pretty sure there's a market for my particular skill set out there... :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I then took the boat over to the GF so I could...

Rent a Sea Raycer!!!!
You're living my dream, girl! :woohoo: One day, I WILL get Leo to agree and out we'll go on our own Sea Raycer. Meanwhile, I enjoyed living vicariously through your trip!

THen it was off to MNSSHP.
No way! Did I know you had this in the plans?!

I think WDW has gotten more effective at having non party guests leave the park.
Good to hear. :thumbsup2

Even with no rain, the Headless Horseman now goes by at a very slow trot. A little disappointing as his ride was always so exciting.
How weird. I kept hearing that last year, too, but he was darned speedy by Halloween night, I tell ya!

::yes:: But we love her anyway:hug:
Thank you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter