Escape from Reality - 10 night live trip report - The Escape has begun!

popcorn::
love the report so far!!

Thank you.

OK so I took the time to upload the pics...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

this is screened in, no bugs!:thumbsup2
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

this was my view eating lunch
ry%3D400

Some other things about the Marriot timeshare:

tons of hangers in the closet - never have enough in a hotel it seems
the best hairdryer ever in a hotel
a full schedule of activites - for all different ages
2 themed pools
mini golf

I will definately stay here again if I can get the discount, especially if I don't want to use DVC points on a weekend.

Thanks to work I am only paying 43.75/night. Got to love a bargain;)

I'M HERE!!!!!!

Arrived late last night, checked in around 10:30. Flight left what is considered on time out of Newark:upsidedow and arrived 15 minutes early.:thumbsup2

WOOHOO - let the escape begin!

So that means you taxied for 25-30 minutes and then took off about 30-35 after leaving the gate. Gotta love it.

So that means you taxied for 25-30 minutes and then took off about 30-35 after leaving the gate. Gotta love it.

You nailed it:lmao:

flight was 6:25 and we took off just about 7:rotfl2:

Obviously you know EWR.

I thought of you last night. Saw someone driving in the out driveway last night when I was checking in. You know they were driving on the wrong side of the road like the Brits do. Thought to myself, wonder if they know Jo.;)
Hey :rotfl2: Good job you didn't see me driving last August :eek: :rotfl2:

First ride of day - front row of Manta, no wait (I have to say I truly felt like I was flying, belly down with no one in front of me, it was just what the DR ordered, I could feel the stress leaving me)
That sounds wonderful :goodvibes

Then went to Premium outlets. Scored 2 pairs of croc capri suede for $28.70 and got some great bargains at Izod, 3 sleeveless polos for 5.99 each and a sweater for 19.99.
You went shopping? :faint: OMG :rotfl2:

Glad you arrived safe and your studio is good :thumbsup2

SeaWorld was great.

We like Sea World ::yes::

Mo said:
I will say the food is not great here, can't ever find anything decent. I tried the Terrace today, wasn't too bad. BUT, boy are they expensive, I think more so than the mouse.

::yes:: ITA.

Then went to Premium outlets. Scored 2 pairs of croc capri suede for $28.70 and got some great bargains at Izod, 3 sleeveless polos for 5.99 each and a sweater for 19.99.

Good deals.:thumbsup2

Marriott looks like it rocks!:thumbsup2

Mo, you're making me miss Seaworld! We haven't been in years. :sad1: I'm glad it was a fun day!

Weird - I never find good food there, either, but usually do at BG. Makes no sense. BUT, as you'll seen very soon, BG raised their prices by a LOT this past year. I've begun ordering kids meals for myself! :mad:

Hope you had a safe drive... though comparatively, I-4's slightly less abusive than the Garden State Pkwy. so you should be fine. :rotfl:

Another great day!

I left Orlanda around 7:30, plugged in the Ipod and breezed all the way to Tampa. I am at the Wingate near BG

I had 2 requests on my reservation, upper floor and early check in.

Both were granted.

I checked in at 8:45 and my top floor room was waiting.

ry%3D400

This is a great hotel, very friendly staff, free shuttle to the park, free breakfast, and very clean.

I am so happy with my choice of hotel.

BG opened at 10, so I had time to settle in before taking the shuttle (which saves the $12 parking fee and drops you off right at the front gate).

I had a great time, but it was HOT!!!!!

I rode the coasters, but Gwazi did me in, I think it is time for me to admit that I am too old for the wooden roller coasters. THe others I am fine, but I needed some Aleve after Gwazi.

I ate lunch at the Crown Colony. Had a great table over looking the serengati

ry%3D480

and they had a piano player (played something from Phantom of the Opera, I was in heaven)

The chicken sandwich was so good, well seasoned and moist.

I took a ride on RHino Rally, but it has changed since last time.

ry%3D400

It was getting unbearably hot, but at least the crowds were light. I called the shuttle to pick me up after getting some ice cream.

Came back to the hotel to freshen up a bit and then took off for Big Cat Rescue.

OMG, this place is really something you should try when in Tampa.

They take in tigers, lions, bobcats etc that people have tried to keep as pets or other bad situations.

It isn't a happy place as in these cats have had a rough time and can never know the wild and the life they were meant to have. It is interesting and I am glad I did it

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was VERY HOT walking around there, but I did take something away from being there. Again interesting, but not happy.

Glad I did it and I highly recommend if in Tampa to go, it is less than half an hour from BG.

So I just ate dinner and am exhausted. Going to read the paper and my book and head to bed early.

I have big plans for tomorrow:goodvibes

Oh no, lol - don't say anything to Leo... I think I finally convinced him to try Gwazi! :rotfl:
I'm relieved that the hotel's a winner. Sounds like a great day!

Sounds like a great day Mo, I went to BG as a kid but can't remember a thing :rotfl:

Have fun today :goodvibes

I left Orlanda around 7:30, plugged in the Ipod and breezed all the way to Tampa. I am at the Wingate near BG

I had 2 requests on my reservation, upper floor and early check in.

Both were granted.

I checked in at 8:45 and my top floor room was waiting.

Wow! You made some great time!

Mo said:
I rode the coasters, but Gwazi did me in, I think it is time for me to admit that I am too old for the wooden roller coasters. THe others I am fine, but I needed some Aleve after Gwazi.

I can't do the wooden coasters anymore...they make me nauseous:confused3

Mo said:
I ate lunch at the Crown Colony. Had a great table over looking the serengati

Jimmy would love this!

Mo said:
So I just ate dinner and am exhausted. Going to read the paper and my book and head to bed early.

SOunds lovely and I hope the blackberry hasn't been ringing too much:goodvibes

Mo said:
I have big plans for tomorrow:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about it!

What a wonderful day (and extremely hot one too)

Princess V and Leo were terrific hosts at their home park.:goodvibes

ry%3D400

V and I even did a version of baby swap and got to ride Sheikra.

Lunch was great and so was the ice cream later.

The animals were plentiful, we even saw a baby rhino born on August 25th, it was so small and cute!:goodvibes

ry%3D400

Could not have asked for a better day (well maybe a breeze would have helped)

BG is a great park, can't recommend it enough.

V and Leo dropped me off at my hotel so I could pick up my car (Thanks again V)

A quick stop at Publix and I was off to WDW.

Got to the Swan shortly before 5 and all my room requests were honored (upper floor/King)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After a much needed shower, I headed down to Il Mulino.

OMG!!!

It was Il Yumino!

From the complementary roasted eggplant and salami, to the portobello appetizer and finally the Mushroom Risotto.

It was devine!

Disney Dining could learn a thing or 2.

(though at that moment I was wishing I had a microwave to take the leftovers to heat up)

They did take TIW, but it was expensive, this is a once a trip meal (though I would love to come back later in the week)

I was so stuffed afterwards, I took a walk around the Dolphin and Swan to get the lay of the land. It is now thundering and lightening so I think I will skip going over to Epcot for Illuminations. Don't feel like getting rained on.

Night!

Glad you enjoyed your day with V & Leo at BG. I have got to get over these next time. :goodvibes

So glad you had a good time at BG with V and Leo, despite the heat!:goodvibes

After Williamsburg Jimmy is dying to go to BG Tampa!

Great view from your room! Can't wait to read more:)

AHHH,

The Swan - I love it. It is quiet and peaceful which is perfect for me. The beds are comfortable, they live up to the heavenly name.

I also realized that the resort fee isn't costing me as I would have had to pay for internet at a WDW hotel, and I also get the 2 bottles of water each day. So the only thing I am paying extra for is the $11 parking fee, but it is still cheaper than any WDW Epcot resort, substantially cheaper.

THey have a 1 cup Keurig and it reeked of coffee as I suspected. I decided to try and clean it so I could make tea. I ran water through 3x and it worked. Got a great cup of tea out of it ( and they supply tea bags too)

WIth breakfast in the room taken care of I headed to AK for rope drop. THis was the first rope drop I made since I think 2007?:confused3

Am I the last to know that they changed the rope drop to near the main gate and it is no longer near the the Tree of Life???

WIth RD at 8:50:thumbsup2 I headed to KS, per V's suggestion. And boy was she right. Tons of animals (in no particular order):

ry%3D400

I tried to get a shot of the baby elephant, but was on the wrong side

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Yes we were that close

After KS, I was able to do EE, Maharajah Trek, Nemo, Dinosaur, EE again.

Crowds were very light and it was VERY HOT again, heat index of 103.

I kept ducking into shops for the AC.

It was getting to lunch time and I headed over to Rainforest where I paid to much for an OK lunch. I got the house salad and nachos with an ice tea. With tip....$32.:scared1:

Think I need to scratch this place off the list. However, there is no place decent in AK to eat anymore. I miss the old Tusker House, when it was CS.

It was too hot stay at AK and it was now about 1:30. I headed back to the Swan and spent a couple hours at the quiet pool.

It was heaven, I had my book, did some swimming, read did some swimming.

Oh and the towels they give you are nice and thick.

I headed up to watch the end of the Giant game and take a shower. I ended up taking a nap too.

I was starving when I got up and decided I wanted my favorite CS -CHH.

I decided to take the bus to MK in case I stayed for the fireworks (too crowded after Wishes to drive).

OK, so here is where I entered Bizarro Kingdom (Sienfeld fans will get the reference).

I ate first and sat at my favorite table overlooking HM. This is where I saw a friendly, smiling, chatting HM CM:eek:

When I left I delibrately walked by to see if I was right and yes, she was being nice to guests and smiling and such. What the Disney is going on?

Since when are HM CM's friendly:scared1:

THen I went on JC, now V had warned me and I didn't want to believe her.

There was no Ginger Snap, no inspire you to go, no paradox.:confused:

As I left JC, I noticed there was no line at the Dole Whip and I had never had one. Nope, not ever.

Well I have now and yes they are good, I love pineapple and on a hot night it was perfect.

I headed over to Tomorrowland with my Dole Whip and decided to try SM. I hadn't been on since it reopened.

Um, what was the point, other than maintenance. It did seem smoother though. I so wish we had DL's!

THen I went over to Peoplemove, which is now Peoplemover again. :thumbsup2

Um, what happened and did I just hear Stitch on Peoplemover:scared1: I hate Stitch.

This was not my MK, it was bizarro MK. As I was leaving as I was just too tired to stay for Wishes, I seriously thought about saying something at Town Hall.

Now don't get me wrong change is not bad. BUT, if you are updating a classic, make sure the changes are an improvement.

With that I took the bus back and am now updating this while listening to another thunderstorm. I can see Illuminations from my balacony. SO I am going to end this here and step outside to see the show;)

See you tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed your day with V & Leo at BG. I have got to get over these next time. :goodvibes

You really should, it's worth the drive and add in V and Leo, you will have a great time!

LOL.... yeppers. I live in Central Jersey about 20 min from there.

Not too far from me, I;m in Essex County.
So glad you had a good time at BG with V and Leo, despite the heat!:goodvibes

After Williamsburg Jimmy is dying to go to BG Tampa!

Great view from your room! Can't wait to read more:)

hi Janet, you should add BGT to you to do list for your next trip.

It is a great park!

Wow, what a storm.

Dozens of lightening bolts, more interesting than Illuminations. I am surprised that Illuminations is still on considering the weather right now.

I couldn't stay on the balcony It is a tremoundous downpour with lots of wind.

The thunder is louder than the fireworks.

It is a good night to be inside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter