Escape from Gringotts Questions

surgefest

DIS Veteran
Just a few things about Escape from Gringotts..... The first initial drop, How can you compare it??? Obviously its unique becauser the track moves to create the drop. What can you compare it to other wise?? The size of something you'd find on the mummy??? Or more like Jurassic park? somewhere inbetween? Just curious. Also, other than that are there any other slight drops or dips or elevations during the ride?? banked turns or quick excellerations? Or is it pretty straight.... Thanks for all of your help!

It's a small drop. Hardly notice it.

Have a look on you tube there are PoV videos on there that are fairly accurate.

There is a TON of screaming on those POV youtube videos considering everyone's reports of the drop being minimal. I think that's what has the bejeezus scared out of me!!

It's not that scary. I do not do any coaster with a big drop, I'm a complete wuss when it comes to that, and I loved Gringotts.

Glad you asked this, YouTube had me a lil freaked out too. I will go upside down 29 million times but I hate drops. Putting this one back on my list. ;)

I am a big chicken and the Gringotts ride/ drops didn't bother me at all. However, I also get motion sickness and with the motion plus 3 D glasses, I was only able to ride it once even with a Dramamine. It was a great ride, though!!

There is a TON of screaming on those POV youtube videos considering everyone's reports of the drop being minimal. I think that's what has the bejeezus scared out of me!!

The "tilt" generates a lot of anticipation, then when you start moving people release it, by screaming. But the actual drop is more Pirates like, than anything else. It's much more of a mental thrill than a physical one.

The car is tilted at an angle and you are held there for a couple of seconds which is weird. It's about a 60 degree angle. Then you go into darkness and the forward motion downhill (to me there is no dropping sensation) is perhaps the height of 12-15 feet. It appears to be the height of the floor to ceiling where the stairwell is to go up the where you load into the cars after going through the queue/elevator.

I only ride E.T., the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride, and if I am feeling very brave, I will do the Flight of the Hippogrif once per trip.

I LOVE Gringotts! Love it, love it, love it! No motion sickness at all. I mean, my hands sweat on the Trolley Ride and on ET, you know? But I love EFG!

It reminded me of Sheikra - (Busch Gardens) not kidding. I was not expecting it. After many rides it was much less scary. It holds you for a second or two and that's why I compared it to Sheikra. Wish the ride was longer and had a few more "scares" like the first drop but fantastic non the less.

Jump00

The "tilt" generates a lot of anticipation, then when you start moving people release it, by screaming. But the actual drop is more Pirates like, than anything else. It's much more of a mental thrill than a physical one.

The car is tilted at an angle and you are held there for a couple of seconds which is weird. It's about a 60 degree angle. Then you go into darkness and the forward motion downhill (to me there is no dropping sensation) is perhaps the height of 12-15 feet. It appears to be the height of the floor to ceiling where the stairwell is to go up the where you load into the cars after going through the queue/elevator.

I only ride E.T., the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride, and if I am feeling very brave, I will do the Flight of the Hippogrif once per trip.

I LOVE Gringotts! Love it, love it, love it! No motion sickness at all. I mean, my hands sweat on the Trolley Ride and on ET, you know? But I love EFG!

Thank you both! :thumbsup2 That is so reassuring!

very small drop. I sat front row for my first time on it, and and you see the hatch. It's like Pirates of the Caribbean's drop. Not bad at all.

I don't think its that the drop is so scary people are screaming, it's that the ride car sits leaning over for a bit of time and you don't know when it's going to drop you. Thus the surprise sceams.

i was in the front row for the first time on the ride when it broke down and stopped there. :eek:

but, we could see what that "drop" was........not much but a drip for us and not scary then.(lights on)

the ride is kewl at the beginning.
a quick short "drop" and it's over before you know it.

Can I chime in with a question? We'll be visiting Universal Studios for the first time ever and I only have WDW rides to compare for examples. Does Escape from Gringotts move as fast as Test Track or Big Thunder Mountain (those are the only ones I can think of that scared me a lot) or does it move like Dinosaur (my all-time fave ride)?

The ride is definitely more like Dinosaur than test track. However, there are times when the ride stops and accelerates, but not very fast. Also, the ride is on a coaster track unlike Dinosaur. It would be closer to the speed of Big Thunder.

Remember that it isn't really a coaster. Its movement are controlled. You do lots of stopping and starting to watch the screens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter