• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escape Brides- Photography

dakcp2001

<font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie
Did anyone just use the included Disney Photography? How was it? Do you wish you had more Pics? Did you upgrade or just take what it came with?

If you used an outside photog, what type of package did you use? If you dont mind sharing what was the approx cost?

Did anyone just use the included Disney Photography? How was it? Do you wish you had more Pics? Did you upgrade or just take what it came with?

If you used an outside photog, what type of package did you use? If you dont mind sharing what was the approx cost?

We are using Randy Chapman for our escape vow renewal in July. We picked his basic package it's just over $600 including tax. We get 400-600 pics done as proofs and an enlargement (can't remember the size) and a hi res cd or dvd with every image that we can print at home. We get the rights to the photos too!

I used Disney photography for my Intimate (now Escape) wedding. My photographer, Ty, was very easy to work with. He called me the night before the wedding to try to talk with me about my preferences for types of shots and locations and such. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to take his call...but he was so accommodating the day of our wedding! Anything I wanted he did, and he was very helpful in making sure we stood where we needed to and all that.

I'm not one who likes getting pictures taken so I was pretty nervous about all the "attention", but Ty really helped me to relax and have some fun.

I did pre-purchase the proofs of all my photos so I would have them. I would highly recommend you do this as well if you choose to stick with Disney but other than that, I pretty much got the package "as-is".

After seeing all the pics, I do wish I had asked for more pics to be taken. And I am considering having Disney do some personal portraits when we go later this year.

If you would like to see samples of Disney's photography (if you haven't already) you can go to:

www.collages.net/disneyweddings

User Name: Disney Photography Samples

Password: 1971

I used Disney photography for my Intimate (now Escape) wedding. My photographer, Ty, was very easy to work with. He called me the night before the wedding to try to talk with me about my preferences for types of shots and locations and such. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to take his call...but he was so accommodating the day of our wedding! Anything I wanted he did, and he was very helpful in making sure we stood where we needed to and all that.

I'm not one who likes getting pictures taken so I was pretty nervous about all the "attention", but Ty really helped me to relax and have some fun.

I did pre-purchase the proofs of all my photos so I would have them. I would highly recommend you do this as well if you choose to stick with Disney but other than that, I pretty much got the package "as-is".

After seeing all the pics, I do wish I had asked for more pics to be taken. And I am considering having Disney do some personal portraits when we go later this year.

If you would like to see samples of Disney's photography (if you haven't already) you can go to:

www.collages.net/disneyweddings

User Name: Disney Photography Samples

Password: 1971

Hi, could I ask how much did it cost to pre-purchase all of your proofs? :goodvibes

I have to "second" everything hiwaygal said - Ty was wonderful! Our pictures are fabulous and I don't think anyone could have done a better job!

We are using Randy Chapman. His pictures are awesome! We are going to Disney for a Magic Kingsom Bridal Portrait Session.

We are using Randy Chapman. His pictures are awesome! We are going to Disney for a Magic Kingsom Bridal Portrait Session.
Us too!

Can't resist the chance to get photos at the castle in our wedding get up!

The disadvantage for us of using Disney photography is that only 2 hours is included in the package, and their add an hour price is more expensive than it is to use outside vendors, and we want at least 5 hours of photography.

We were originally looking at using Misty Miotto (her style seems very similar to Randy's) but we think we are going to have a break in the day, and whereas Misty would have charged us right through the break, Randy is happy to come back later on without being paid through the break time, and just adding an extra hour for him to return to do our dessert party photos.

We are going to transfer the Disney photography package that would have been included to do the 1 hour honeymoon shoot thing, it's a shame that you get an hour less, but at least you get something rather than just losing their service altogether :thumbsup2 We're gonna have soooo many photos, but I do love them!!

Again, its me being frustrated, but if you take the Escape, add on outside Photography, then the Magic Kingdom Shoot, then the dinner or brunch thing, it seems like no matter how I cut it, Ill end up spending close to, if not more than 10K, but not get to invite the 3 extra people we want. Grrrrrrrr.
But then if you do the 10K wishes, you still get the photography dilemma, plus all the taxes & surcharges, and your up to 13K.

2 hours of photos is not enough, and I really wish you could substitute the MK shoot for the included bit of photo. Im still stuck. lol.

Hello All!

I must say that I was a bit nervous at first, but when you broke down the numbers, it was best to stick with the package deal. Therefore, we opt'd for Disney photography and must say that we were AMAZED!

We too were blessed with Ty. He did a fantastic job! And I even got the phone call to discuss the shots and etc..... the night before. I didn't think that 2 hours were enough, but honestly it was. We took a few pics before hand, of course during the ceremony/cake cutting and many after. In the end, we took close to 130+ pics that included every special moment you can imagine, some that we didn't see until we rec'vd the pictures.

The only upgrade we made was to pre-purchase all the proofs for $225 (rate in 2005). Good Luck in your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter