• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Error Message when attempting to select Magic Band

erineab

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for two separate rooms for our August trip. One room is attached to my Disney account and the other is attached to my husband’s.
Yesterday I selected magicbands for those staying in my room. I can’t see those attached to my husband’s room at all, so he has to choose separately. My husband logged in later in the day to select his and saw all of the available options, but he couldn’t decide which one he wanted so didn’t proceed. Now this morning when he tried to login, he is receiving an error message saying that the Build a Band option isn’t available in our country. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yup, just happened to me this morning! I was able to look through the options yesterday but now I get the error message. Hopefully just a glitch...

Me too! We were looking this week and hoping additional choices would be added, and when I went in today to check, I got the same message.

Not to mention, it has changed so it won't let me do anything at all residing in Quebec. I had to change my address to my sister's place to even get to the error page. Seriously?!

Just read this on Facebook. Hopefully not true:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 9.22.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 9.22.51 PM.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 43
I haven’t encountered this - but then I do Disney trips with a friend from the US so we always ship to her house…

Has anyone tried changing country to US?

Sorry not Canadian - I am from Australia and have encountered the same problem so I decided to call WDW and the response that I was given was "As my booking is for December, it will no longer allow to order the Magic Bands but in the near future (no given time frame) I will be able to order the Magic Band Plus". I have done some research as found an article Tom Bricker wrote saying that new booking from Summer 2022 will only be able to order Magic Band Plus.

Hope this helps!

My first instinct would be to just change my browser eg Chrome, Firefox, etc and try again esp early morning when lower volume on the site as Disney has always been glitchy and terrible online design and support. But the above rumour that international guests can no longer order a magic band to be picked up at front desk does not surprise and gels with the new 'do it all yourself' check in and check out policy and general cost cutting. Also hope its not true but not a shock if it is. If true, it won't get a news release but will be buried in small print. However, it will get play with the UK pkg guests as larger numbers so if interested keep an eye on their forum.

Sorry not Canadian - I am from Australia and have encountered the same problem so I decided to call WDW and the response that I was given was "As my booking is for December, it will no longer allow to order the Magic Bands but in the near future (no given time frame) I will be able to order the Magic Band Plus". I have done some research as found an article Tom Bricker wrote saying that new booking from Summer 2022 will only be able to order Magic Band Plus.

Hope this helps!

I was wondering this morning if it had to do with magic band plus. If they are rolling them out and a bunch of people have regular magic bands that are supposed to be waiting for them at the resort, want to change them, etc could create a headache they don't want to deal with.

same error for me trying to order for a may trip. the odd thing is it says only guests from USA or Canada English (which is me)

US here and I get the Stitch error too but with a message of "someone ate the page" on both chrome, explorer and edge browsers.

Perhaps it could be a sign that their internal IT is working on loading the 'new' ordering site for magic band + ??? Wishful thinking, I know.

Edited to add: I just checked my August trip and I CAN order magic bands, but still cant for my MAY trip. Very strange.

I've had this too, and I only have 2 days left to order to the resort. I wrote Disney to ask about it, but I don't expect a response before it's past the time I can order. Boo!

I've had this too, and I only have 2 days left to order to the resort. I wrote Disney to ask about it, but I don't expect a response before it's past the time I can order. Boo!

It was a glitch and is now working. I was able to order one last night successfully.
7999C1AD-2970-4432-A5DB-BCF480D088EA.jpeg

I ordered the same one on Friday for my trip first week of May

I had ordered it for my trip a couple weeks ago but because I moved from April to March they did something with it, I was given the voucher but they are sold out everywhere on property so I wasn’t able to get. Glad it was a glitch in the system so I can get it in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter