Ergo rental in disney?

kisaacs

Mouseketeer
I know there are some great stroller rental companies in Orlando. I was wondering if there's a company down there that will rent an Ergo-style carrier. I don't have one and wouldn't use it at home, but it would be useful for the lines. They're very expensive and nearly impossible to find used, so I was thinking maybe I could rent one.

Any ideas?
Kristen

I know there are some great stroller rental companies in Orlando. I was wondering if there's a company down there that will rent an Ergo-style carrier. I don't have one and wouldn't use it at home, but it would be useful for the lines. They're very expensive and nearly impossible to find used, so I was thinking maybe I could rent one.

Any ideas?
Kristen

Probably not. Have you tried your Craigslist? There are also babycarrier swaps that I know of.

I personally would buy one and sell it later. YOu would get most of your money back. I used mine for my 9 month old and LOVED it. I didn't have back issues for the whole 10 days we were there. And I carried her 60-70% of the time, on rides, in lines, on the bus, on the plane there, etc.

I'd keep an eye out on CL and at local thrift/consignment shops. I actually found an Ergo at my local thrift shop for only $2.

I would recommend getting one ahead of time. Any kind of carrier takes some getting used to for both you and your child. You don't want to do that on vacation.

I just returned home today and used my Ergo all week with my 2 1/2 year old. The first night in the park when she said, "Mommy, I need you", I put her in it and she was asleep in minutes...it made the price totally worth it!! I used it in lines, at nap time, after dark, around the resort, and even at the airport.

Awww that's a good idea! But unfortunately we live in the land where strollers rule so I'm guessing no place rents carriers. Carriers/slings/wraps are so much easier then strollers. I used a sling constantly with my daughter and I wish I knew about them when I had my son...would've made life much easier! Once you have one you'll realize how much better/easier it is having one rather then using a big heavy bulky stroller. So my advice buy your own. It doesn't have to be expensive. The sling I got from hotslings.com was about $50. There's plenty of others sites as well....heck even target now sells the maya wrap. Good luck!

I absolutely love my ergo and used it in WDW with my then 16 month old a lot. I agree with the pp who said to get it before hand, though. It takes getting used to for both of you. If your dc isn't used to being carried like that, he may balk it. Give craigs list or your local kids thrift shop a try. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter