Episode MMXIV: We Don't Say Goodbye, We Say Kwahirini (updated 2/28)

Well, I said it early, now let me say it late -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Aww! Adorable!

Prayers, vibes and pixiedust: sent. I hope you're feeling much better now and that you have adjusted to the new medication!

Thank you, thank you!!!!! I am feeling a million times better now!!! Fingers crossed!

Day Two, Part Six

After purchasing Duffy, I headed to the busses. My spreadsheet said "take bus to Art of Animation resort, walk around for a while, get Nutella gelato and then go to Downtown Disney".

So what did I do?

I got on the bus to go back to MY resort. And I have absolutely NO IDEA why. The plan all along was to check out the new resort. It was a perfect plan. And I have no clue what happened to my brain.

So I get off the bus at ASMovies and went in through the gift shop. They had the pin board out so I traded for a super cute cupcake pin and then proceeded to walk around my resort! WHY???? I have NO IDEA.

Apparently I *really* felt the need to check out the Toy Story section. Because it probably wouldn't be there the next day. *eyeroll*

32d7dc8e-1289-4683-b65d-50985920dbf3_zpsffbdadb8.jpg

28ff6580-7e7c-4b6b-b4a6-65e99fd58f63_zps3d948162.jpg

9545b5d2-b4c7-4dd3-9e77-59f7f75ed121_zps05ec9d7d.jpg

6eba7c02-ea61-4420-98d4-b133f8dcc807_zps7df29fd9.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I think the Toy Story section is AMAZING!! It's just that I would have plenty of time to do this same exact thing on my departure day (and, well... I did!) so it's not like I HAD to do this today. Plus, every minute I spent walking around here in the daylight was time being taken away from walking around DTD in the daylight. (Yes, that's important. Please hold.)

Oh well.

After checking out Andy's room, I hopped on the DTD bus and made my way over to Wolfgang Puck Express. I already knew what I was getting here. Macaroni and cheese, tropical iced tea and crème brulee!!!!

3c5a2ab1-dcfb-447b-8dd8-523929d42f39_zpsba344a31.jpg

8a4f78b4-3d43-440c-8b50-779c25562249_zps87ace3d3.jpg

This was a pretty impressive set up. The picture doesn't do it justice, but that mac and cheese was delicious!!! Nice and creamy with what I think was a panko topping which gave it a little crunch. YUM.

As for the crème brulee, you'll notice there's no picture. That's how excited I was to eat it! SOOOO GOOD!!!!! It had a nice strawberry in the center of the caramelized yumminess and I very happily ate it all up!!!

I headed outside and guess what? It was starting to get dark :( Why does this matter? Well, in my pocket I had a nice little coupon for a discount to Characters in Flight. I *really* wanted to do this, but by the time I would have walked over it would have been even darker and since the reason I wanted to do it was mainly for picture taking purposes, I realized it wasn't worth the walk.

*sniffle*

So I went shopping instead! I bought a cutting board with a fun Mickey pattern that matches a set of serving utensils I got for a birthday gift a couple years ago. I also bought a pin of Mickey playing baseball with the Atlanta Braves logo on it. I walked through some other shops, wishing that I wouldn't actually have to pay the money back if I maxed out my credit card! :laughing: So much cute stuff!!!

I took the most crowded bus ride ever back to my resort. And then it just got worse. For every person who got OFF the bus at All Star Sports, I swear five more hopped on. Same thing happened at All Star Music. Had I been smart, I would have gotten off at one of those stops and just walked back. I wasn't feeling particularly smart, though.

I turned on the TV and watched Stacey, because as I've learned from reading trip reports... this is a necessity. I'd like to thank everyone for showing me the error of my ways. Haha.

After that I watched the end of the Syracuse basketball game, caught an episode of my boyfriend Sheldon Cooper and decided to sleep. I had a big day ahead of me!

I love Epcot. I love Animal Kingdom. I love Downtown Disney. But Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom are most definitely my favorite parks and I was unbelievably excited to be going to Hollywood Studios tomorrow!! I knew exactly where I would be headed once they let us through the gates and I was crossing my fingers that it wouldn't be shut down for some reason!

We'll see what happens!!!

According to my FitBit.... on Day Two I walked 24,118 steps for 10.07 miles :)

OK wow... you REALLY plan out your days don't you? Nice to see you were able to alternate from the plan though (even if by complete accident).

Oh no, you missed Characters in Flight. This is definitely something on my bucket list.

YES, watching Stacey is necessary. Always.

Bummer that you deviated from your BFP (Big Fat Plan(, but sometimes you just have to do that.

So what is this nutella gelato that you speak of? I am VERY intrigued. Do they only sell it at AoA? It sounds so yummy. I MUST put that on my bucket list. :thumbsup2

Sorry you missed Characters in Flight. I went up on the first balloon of the morning last June and it was well worth it. We got to stay up double the normal amount of time because no one else was in line. If you decide to try it again definitely go up first thing in the am - 8:30 am! It's awesome!

Bummer about your plans going a bit askew ... oh well, off plans at Disney are still good compared to on plans most other places!

Sorry you missed characters in flight, though if the set-up was not what you wanted (i.e., not day light) you probably would have not fully enjoyed it anyway

and nothing wrong with calling it a day, watching some Stacey, and getting rest :thumbsup2

OK wow... you REALLY plan out your days don't you? Nice to see you were able to alternate from the plan though (even if by complete accident).

Oh no, you missed Characters in Flight. This is definitely something on my bucket list.

YES, watching Stacey is necessary. Always.

It's not always planned out quite that precisely, but I tend to get overwhelmed when presented with a bunch of options. I have a bad habit of sticking with what is safe and what I know unless I plan ahead. And, apparently, even HAVING the plan doesn't always avoid that! Haha.

It is going to remain on my List! I really want to do it, and I think in the future I will need to either stay an extra day or leave much later to go home.

I do kind of feel like I know her now. LOL.

Bummer that you deviated from your BFP (Big Fat Plan(, but sometimes you just have to do that.

So what is this nutella gelato that you speak of? I am VERY intrigued. Do they only sell it at AoA? It sounds so yummy. I MUST put that on my bucket list. :thumbsup2

Sorry you missed Characters in Flight. I went up on the first balloon of the morning last June and it was well worth it. We got to stay up double the normal amount of time because no one else was in line. If you decide to try it again definitely go up first thing in the am - 8:30 am! It's awesome!

I'm under the impression they only have it at AoA.... I read it on someone else's trip report and immediately added it to my List.

That sounds incredible!!! Thanks for the tip!

Bummer about your plans going a bit askew ... oh well, off plans at Disney are still good compared to on plans most other places!

Sorry you missed characters in flight, though if the set-up was not what you wanted (i.e., not day light) you probably would have not fully enjoyed it anyway

and nothing wrong with calling it a day, watching some Stacey, and getting rest :thumbsup2

Definitely no regrets on my part. Annoyance at my boneheadedness, but I'm used to that. (Apparently that's not a word, because it has a red squiggly line under it. I disagree whoeheartedly. LOL.)

Watching Stacey was fun... I don't know that we made *quite* the same connection as others have. But that's for the best. Sheldon would have gotten jealous.

Aww I'm sorry you had a brain fart and deviated from your plan! I would do that on a solo trip too, I'm very sure. DH is usually there to keep me on track though. :rotfl2:
YUM! Your meal at WP sounds good! I think I want to try that mac and cheese!
Sorry to hear it was too dark for the characters in flight. :sad1:
Wow that's a lot of walking!

Aww I'm sorry you had a brain fart and deviated from your plan! I would do that on a solo trip too, I'm very sure. DH is usually there to keep me on track though. :rotfl2:
YUM! Your meal at WP sounds good! I think I want to try that mac and cheese!
Sorry to hear it was too dark for the characters in flight. :sad1:
Wow that's a lot of walking!

The mac and cheese was soooo good!!!! And I didn't feel any guilt for eating it, due to all that walking!! Haha. I think Disney is probably the one vacation anyone could go on and not gain weight. LOL.

Happy Easter!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy Easter. Or happy Sunday. Or happy weekend. Or whatever :goodvibes

I saw a picture posted on 'Inside the Magic' of the Easter Bunny (and Mrs Bunny?) that was appearing at WDW and it is, in true Disney fashion, the NICEST looking Easter Bunny I've ever seen! So many of the ones I've seen are downright creepy. I wonder why??

Since my family STILL lives in Texas (ha... some of that will be remedied soon) and I had nothing to do today except feel sorry for myself, I decided to hop on a plane and go to Animal Kingdom for the day. Yeah. I did DECIDE to do that. I just wasn't actually able to. Soooo, I went to the zoo instead and wanted to share some pictures!

Something I don't think I've ever seen before:
2494eb50-4c68-499b-922c-055039a0304f_zps80ddd2c5.jpg

Yay for Photobucket stickers!
32cd817a-5f15-44b4-a1ff-a6366ab63fa4_zpsd325135f.jpg

My favorite out of the bunch:
5a021b13-79e6-4dd2-ad5e-a76a501bfa90_zps57deb99a.jpg

The loves of my life, our "baby" polar bears:
160e5238-98ce-4bd2-8b7f-cc86b3104c25_zps27412220.jpg

Gonna go rewatch the Disney episode of Dancing with the Stars from last Monday!! Did anyone else catch it? I was AWESOME. I highly recommend watching it if you haven't seen it :)

We were commenting on the sames thing - that Disney has the nicest/highest quality looking Easter Bunny.

A quick Google search for "scary Easter Bunny" will give one nightmares

Happy Easter!!

Your meal at Wolfgang Pucks looks and sounds so good! I can totally relate about digging right into the food without a chance to take a photo. Happens to me all the time which is why I never have any pictures of our meals. :rotfl: Sorry you didn't get a chance to tour the AoA resort but the Toy Story section is pretty cool too. :goodvibes

Yay, I'm in! And I didn't realize that we were actually in Disney at the same time! I was there from Feb. 20th-Feb. 28th. I haven't even started that TR yet because I'm still finishing my December one! But it will be coming!

I love solo trips. I took one real solo trip, and I've done girl trips before. The solo trip was such an amazing experience! Your food at Sunshine Seasons looks yummy. I think I had the strawberry shortcake on my honeymoon and I remember it being great!

I'm so glad you got to do Turtle Talk - I love it! I do try to write down what was said because it's usually so hilarious. I think one of my favorite questions ever was when a kid asked Crush, "What does Turtle taste like?"

I love your sign in the pic with Donald. What a sweet idea to include your nephews and nieces!

I have a fitbit too! If you're interested in adding friends you can PM me your email address :) I have the Flex - used to have the Force, but I got that rash that it got recalled for, so now I have the Flex. Sounds like we're about the same activity wise too - I'm lucky if I get 5,000 steps on a day I don't run! But one day in Disney I had almost 30,000!

Happy (late) Birthday! Yours is actually two days before mine - My birthday is April 12th :) I also stretch out the celebrating - I had a party with friends the weekend before because it worked out schedule wise, and then a party with family the weekend after since I was home for Easter!

I love Animal Kingdom. It's tied with MK as my favorite park. If I ever got the chance to work there I would want to do something in AK. I don't know that I coul do anything hands on with the animals, but I would love to do something education-related. Maybe one of the Wilderness Explorer spots!

I love seeing pictures of All Star Movies. I've never been there so it's neat to see - the Toy Story Area looks really fun!

Can't wait to hear about Day 3!

We were commenting on the sames thing - that Disney has the nicest/highest quality looking Easter Bunny.

A quick Google search for "scary Easter Bunny" will give one nightmares

It's crazy, isn't it?? So many of my friends posted pictures of their kids with the Easter Bunny and Facebook and they were so creepy! I don't understand :confused3

Happy Easter!!

Your meal at Wolfgang Pucks looks and sounds so good! I can totally relate about digging right into the food without a chance to take a photo. Happens to me all the time which is why I never have any pictures of our meals. :rotfl: Sorry you didn't get a chance to tour the AoA resort but the Toy Story section is pretty cool too. :goodvibes

Thanks!! Hope you and the family had a great day!!

It's funny, because I've always taken pictures of my food even before it became so popular to do so! But that crème brulee just needed to be eaten!!

The Toy Story section is very, very cool! :thumbsup2

Yay, I'm in! And I didn't realize that we were actually in Disney at the same time! I was there from Feb. 20th-Feb. 28th. I haven't even started that TR yet because I'm still finishing my December one! But it will be coming!

Welcome!!!! I kinda figured (too late, of course) that we were probably there at the same time!!

I love solo trips. I took one real solo trip, and I've done girl trips before. The solo trip was such an amazing experience! Your food at Sunshine Seasons looks yummy. I think I had the strawberry shortcake on my honeymoon and I remember it being great!

Last time someone rather rudely asked why I went alone I just quoted Simba... "no one saying do this... no one saying be there"... Haha. Went right over her head!

I'm so glad you got to do Turtle Talk - I love it! I do try to write down what was said because it's usually so hilarious. I think one of my favorite questions ever was when a kid asked Crush, "What does Turtle taste like?"

That's so funny!! I actually had a notebook with me but forgot to grab a pen. Doh.

I love your sign in the pic with Donald. What a sweet idea to include your nephews and nieces!

Thanks!!! It made it really special for me!

I have a fitbit too! If you're interested in adding friends you can PM me your email address :) I have the Flex - used to have the Force, but I got that rash that it got recalled for, so now I have the Flex. Sounds like we're about the same activity wise too - I'm lucky if I get 5,000 steps on a day I don't run! But one day in Disney I had almost 30,000!

Sweet!! I didn't know you could do that. I've have to send it along and probably take a look to see what I'm missing out on here! Haha. 30,000! Nice!!! I came pretty close on my MK day. I was so excited!!

Happy (late) Birthday! Yours is actually two days before mine - My birthday is April 12th :) I also stretch out the celebrating - I had a party with friends the weekend before because it worked out schedule wise, and then a party with family the weekend after since I was home for Easter!

Thank you, thank you!!! And right back at ya!! pixiedust:

I love Animal Kingdom. It's tied with MK as my favorite park. If I ever got the chance to work there I would want to do something in AK. I don't know that I coul do anything hands on with the animals, but I would love to do something education-related. Maybe one of the Wilderness Explorer spots!

I love seeing pictures of All Star Movies. I've never been there so it's neat to see - the Toy Story Area looks really fun!

Can't wait to hear about Day 3!

I would LOVE to work at AK. I think I would probably really enjoy preparing the food for some reason. And that would probably be good because it would be inside. I don't think I'd be able to be out in the heat all day.

ASMovies is a really neat place. I've stayed at ASMusic and I definitely prefer Movies. I want to stay at AoA next time, but it is a bit more expensive so I'll probably wind up at Sports.

Coming right up!!!!!

Happy Easter!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy Easter. Or happy Sunday. Or happy weekend. Or whatever :goodvibes

Soooo, I went to the zoo instead and wanted to share some pictures!

Something I don't think I've ever seen before:
2494eb50-4c68-499b-922c-055039a0304f_zps80ddd2c5.jpg

Yay for Photobucket stickers!
32cd817a-5f15-44b4-a1ff-a6366ab63fa4_zpsd325135f.jpg

My favorite out of the bunch:
5a021b13-79e6-4dd2-ad5e-a76a501bfa90_zps57deb99a.jpg

The loves of my life, our "baby" polar bears:
160e5238-98ce-4bd2-8b7f-cc86b3104c25_zps27412220.jpg

Happy Belated Easter to you, too!

Beautiful pictures from the zoo! I understand that giraffes rarely sit down like that so that's pretty cool!

Day Three, Part One

Since DHS didn't open until 9am, I slept in today. 6:45!! Getting lazy at Disney. :rotfl:

I was really looking forward to this day and I had several things I was hoping to cross off my List:
  • Ride the updated Star Tours
  • Ride Toy Story Mania
  • Eat a cupcake at Starring Rolls
  • Take a picture of the key under the mat
  • Take an Animation class
  • Watch Fantasmic

The most important thing on that list is the first one. Ever since they did the refurb I had been desperately wanting to go back. I've been an obsessed Star Wars fan since 1983 when 'Return of the Jedi' came out. It's never gone away. So I was pumped. And NERVOUS that it would be shut down for some reason.

I was also really excited about my outfit today! When I first joined the Dis last summer, I saw someone post a link to her Disney blog and I've been following it ever since. It's actually my FAVORITE Disney blog!! That person is none other than Becky aka librarygeek who just joined in here last week!!! :goodvibes (here is the link to her blog, Disney in Your Day. Check it out!!!)

A couple months ago, she was running a contest with the owner of an Etsy shop and to make a long story short, I was one of the winners!! And what I WON was amazing: a rhinestone iron-on transfer in the shape of the Rebel Alliance logo!!! I wound up buying a t-shirt the EXACT color of Obi Wan's lightsaber blade to affix said logo on! I was in geeky heaven!!

The logo itself doesn't show up too well in my pictures, but that's the fault of my camera. In person, it looks AMAZING!!!!!! (The shirt will come up in conversation in the future ;))

Sooooooooo... I had breakfast at the resort (egg white omelet and a fruit cup) I and was on my way! On the bus ride to DHS, our bus driver got very excited and pointed out an eagle that was sitting on the wires as we drove by! It was really cool!

c316647e-6bef-48eb-95d2-554167776363_zpsca860a7f.jpg

As you can see, I got over my shyness with the photopass photographers fairly quickly after I saw how willing they were to photograph me! This is currently my Facebook cover photo. I adore it.

When they let us through the gates, I was really anxious because there were A LOT of people heading in the Star Tours direction and I was hoping to be on the first flight. As it turns out, they were all trying to get signed up for the Jedi Training Academy. I had absolutely nothing to worry about!!! There was only one person ahead of me!!!

f4060b98-4356-40ac-b88b-c1c61b290cc4_zps540311bf.jpg

672a894c-5fd4-46ce-808d-5c8f6dd3aea2_zpsff92e557.jpg

The ride wasn't full, so they told us to sit wherever we wanted, so I took a seat right in the middle. And let me tell you... I was NOT disappointed!!! I absolutely love what they did with this!!! The coolest thing (which I didn't know about beforehand) was when they pick someone on the ride to be the Rebel Spy. I didn't get picked, but I had a blast.

So guess what?

I got right back in line to do it again!

And guess what else?

I rode it a third time!!! Three trips right in a row!!!

The first trip took me us to the ice planet of Hoth, then the hologram of Admiral Ackbar sent us off to Naboo.

We returned to Hoth on my second trip before Ackbar sent us to Coruscant to safely deliver our Rebel Spy (again, not me.)

Finally we showed up in Kashyyyk before Yoda instructed us to go to the Death Star.

Of course, I had to let Facebook world know that I had just ridden Star Tours three times in a row :goodvibes I looked around Tatooine Traders for a while and was a good girl and didn't buy anything. When I was there in 2008, I bought a car sticker that said "my other vehicle is the Millenium Falcon". I was hoping to get another one of those, but I didn't see any.

There was a photopass photographer taking pictures at the speeder bike on Endor, so I hopped in line. This was the one and only time I encountered a Disney employee who was less than enthusiastic. And he wasn't rude by any means, but I got the impression that he thought it was ridiculous that a grown woman was standing in line when the children behind me were anxious to get on the bike themselves. If it had been one child, I would have let him go in front of me. But there were quite a few kids and, well, I was getting my picture taken.

I only bring this up because he kind of flustered me, so I didn't get the pose I wanted. I would have preferred to be hovering over the bike instead of sitting up like this but hey... I'm on a speeder bike in Endor.

09fa573c-4434-4306-8f48-795b0faf316a_zpsc8c20c78.jpg

Absolutely perfect start to my day. The Force was strong with this one!

Happy Belated Easter to you, too!

Beautiful pictures from the zoo! I understand that giraffes rarely sit down like that so that's pretty cool!

Thanks!!!

It seems like it would be so awkward!! I know I have a hard time sitting like that... bothers my knees! Hahaha.

I love that little slice of heaven in DHS devoted to Star Wars. I always find things I want to purchase in Tatooine Traders and it's a miracle that I don't come out of that store with a shopping cart full of goodies.

As for the Star Tours randomization sequence of scenes go, I'm happy most of the time. The only time combo that gets me a little irked is when I get the pod racing sequence followed by the Naboo. Too much Phantom Menace for me in one ride. ;)

Speaking of Star Wars, I read news yesterday that they assigned one of the top Imagineers to head a project solely devoted to the development of all things Star Wars in the parks. :cool1:

exciting start to the day! Glad you enjoyed the updated Star Tours and got to ride it 3 times!

Man the PP probably really would have had an attitude to you if you had went to sign up for the Jedi Academy ;)

My first trip on Star Tours I told the woman it was my first time and she sent me to row three. And guess who was the rebel spy!?

(Yes it was me.)

That's awesome that you got to ride so many times in a row, especially something you wanted to do so badly. Do we get to see a better pic of your shirt?

Awww nice shout out to Becky!! She does write a good blog. :goodvibes

Haha, I was going to say, very few seem to head to Star Tours first thing. Glad that was indeed the case here. Not a bad score on your rides either. For me it's a win if I don't get a Pod Race. Plus, Kashyyyk is my fav. I die when the poor wookie goes splat on the windshield. :laughing: It's cruel, but oh so funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter