Epipens in Carry On

Wonderdis

Mouseketeer
Just checking what the rules are with carrying epipens in handcarry bags ?
I assume it should be ok, as long as it has the passenger's name on the epipen's label - right ?

Epipens are definitely fine in your carry-on. In fact, any medication is exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. Because of the needle component, I suspect that you need to have the prescription label on it (in the name of one of the passengers), but I don't really know.

But, definitely put the epipen and any other medication in your carry-on luggage. Do not put them in your 3-1-1 baggie, but have them easily accessible so that you can pull them out and show them to the TSA agents when you go through security.

What's a 3-1-1 baggie? I will have 2 sets for my 2 daughter (1 for each). I have a note from the doc saying they need them, but is there anything else we need to do?

TIA!

I had no problems with the Epi-Pens in my carryon bag. I have the twinpack in a box and my son's name is not even on the box.

This is what works for me: I have the pharmicist remove the pen from the cardboard package and place a second prescription label directly on the plastic container which houses the pen. I have never had a problem with TSA when I follow this procedure.

Have a great trip.:cool1:

I am a diabetic and travel with a pen. The pen is labeled with the drug's name but the "prescription" label with my info is on the box, which I do not take. I have never had a problem.

Since the pen needs to be kept cold, I even travel with gel packs. I used to take the travel bag with the gel packs out of my carry on and put it in the tray, but now I just leave it (and my other meds) in my carry on. I do tell the TSA agent that I am traveling with meds and an injectable drug that needs to be kept cold, but it has never, ever been a problem. The TSA agents see these things every day. You will not have a problem.

You don't need to do anything special with the pen, at least not if you are traveling domestically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter