Epcot's New Years Eve all inclusive information

Posting here since I don't think that a brand new thread is worth it.
Here are all the roads and traffic impacts for 30th and 31st. If you are driving please be aware that the regular route you take to your destination might not be available after fireworks. Again my best tip would be to stay at the park until they basically kick you out, or until about 2am, whatever happens first :)

Seven Seas Drive

• Roadway impacts begin at 5:00pm on both Friday, December 30, and Saturday, December 31, until about 2:30am
  • Seven Seas Drive will be one way only. All traffic will be routed west on Seven Seas Drive toward Floridian Way.
  • The Seven Seas Drive crosswalk at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be closed beginning at 5:00pm. December 30 and 31. During this time, please use the Guest sidewalk route to reach the Transportation and Ticket Center and the resort. A Cast shuttle will also be available from the Woody Lot to TTC Westgate.
  • Access to Bear Island Road from Floridian Way will also be restricted to WDW buses ONLY on these nights.

Magic Kingdom Park

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm on Saturday, December 31.
  • All Magic Kingdom Guests will be routed to exit property via southbound World Drive. All exits from southbound World Drive will be restricted to WDW buses ONLY.
  • Access in and out of the Simba lot via Floridian Way will be closed.

Epcot

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm on Saturday, December 31, until about 2:30am.
  • All Guest traffic on Epcot Resorts Boulevard will be directed around Epcot Resorts Boulevard to Buena Vista Drive near Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf. Guest traffic will be routed westbound only on Buena Vista Drive.
  • The exit from Epcot Center Drive onto Backstage Lane will be WDW bus ONLY.
  • Access to Backstage Lane from Buena Vista Drive will be WDW bus ONLY.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm on Saturday, December 31, until about 2:30am.
  • All Guests will be directed to exit from the park onto eastbound Buena Vista Drive. Traffic will be routed onto Victory Way toward Osceola Parkway, where normal traffic patterns will resume.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm. on Saturday, December 31, until about 2:30am.
  • All Guests will be directed to exit via Osceola Parkway.

Disney Springs

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm. on Saturday, December. 31, until about 2:30am.
  • Guest traffic from Disney Springs will be directed to exit in both directions onto Buena Vista Drive.
  • Eastbound Buena Vista Drive traffic will be routed toward Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
  • Westbound Buena Vista Drive traffic will be split between northbound Bonnet Creek Parkway and Epcot Center Drive.

We are headed to Epcot NYE. Is there an increased security presence on NYE and walking around the park???
My concern is people who have had a little too much to drink/can't behave like human beings......

Thanks for all of this helpful info - we will be at Epcot for NYE and I can't wait. Luckily we are stating at the BC so no worries about traffic:)

We will be at Epcot for NYE & staying at the BC as well! This will be our first Disney NYE experience & I can't wait :yay:

Last edited:

We are headed to Epcot NYE. Is there an increased security presence on NYE and walking around the park???
My concern is people who have had a little too much to drink/can't behave like human beings......
I have done nye at epcot many times.
You will see increased security, you will also not see the many undercover (regular clothes) security.
Even with this they can't be everywhere and you will encounter drunk people. Just keep walking and don't let them ruin your night, I usually just laugh it off and keep going. Obviously if you see something life threatening find the nearest cm and they will be able to call security asap

So stoked that I am also going to Epcot for NYE. Do the countries have different drinks out for NYE? I am thinking about drinking around the world and want to get my plan of attack, but not sure what drinks are available. I can't have gluten so lots of beers are out which is why I am trying to get a plan.

We are planning to see the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks at MK on the 30... so we will be to bed late! What is the latest we can arrive at Epcot on the 31 and be guaranteed entrance?

So stoked that I am also going to Epcot for NYE. Do the countries have different drinks out for NYE? I am thinking about drinking around the world and want to get my plan of attack, but not sure what drinks are available. I can't have gluten so lots of beers are out which is why I am trying to get a plan.
Same drinks that are available now, you can check MDE for the different drinks offerings. There will be additional beer carts

We are planning to see the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks at MK on the 30... so we will be to bed late! What is the latest we can arrive at Epcot on the 31 and be guaranteed entrance?
Epcot has not had any closures since December 1999 (yeah, everyone was partying like it was 1999) so no worries

Ok, I need some help. If I have an ADR at the Contemporary at 8:30 I should be able to drive there, based on these notes, right? And I should be able to drive back to POR afterwards using the same road I drive in on, without having to go past the Poly, right ?. To go the back way past FT wilderness.

Posting here since I don't think that a brand new thread is worth it.
Here are all the roads and traffic impacts for 30th and 31st. If you are driving please be aware that the regular route you take to your destination might not be available after fireworks. Again my best tip would be to stay at the park until they basically kick you out, or until about 2am, whatever happens first :)

Seven Seas Drive

• Roadway impacts begin at 5:00pm on both Friday, December 30, and Saturday, December 31, until about 2:30am
  • Seven Seas Drive will be one way only. All traffic will be routed west on Seven Seas Drive toward Floridian Way.
  • The Seven Seas Drive crosswalk at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be closed beginning at 5:00pm. December 30 and 31. During this time, please use the Guest sidewalk route to reach the Transportation and Ticket Center and the resort. A Cast shuttle will also be available from the Woody Lot to TTC Westgate.
  • Access to Bear Island Road from Floridian Way will also be restricted to WDW buses ONLY on these nights.

Magic Kingdom Park

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm on Saturday, December 31.
  • All Magic Kingdom Guests will be routed to exit property via southbound World Drive. All exits from southbound World Drive will be restricted to WDW buses ONLY.
  • Access in and out of the Simba lot via Floridian Way will be closed.

Epcot

• All Guest traffic on Epcot Resorts Boulevard will be directed around Epcot Resorts Boulevard to Buena Vista Drive near Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf. Guest traffic will be routed westbound only on Buena Vista Drive.
  • The exit from Epcot Center Drive onto Backstage Lane will be WDW bus ONLY.
  • Access to Backstage Lane from Buena Vista Drive will be WDW bus ONLY.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

• All Guests will be directed to exit from the park onto eastbound Buena Vista Drive. Traffic will be routed onto Victory Way toward Osceola Parkway, where normal traffic patterns will resume.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm. on Saturday, December 31, until about 2:30am.
  • All Guests will be directed to exit via Osceola Parkway.

Disney Springs

• Roadway impacts begin at 10:00pm. on Saturday, December. 31, until about 2:30am.
  • Guest traffic from Disney Springs will be directed to exit in both directions onto Buena Vista Drive.
  • Eastbound Buena Vista Drive traffic will be routed toward Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
  • Westbound Buena Vista Drive traffic will be split between northbound Bonnet Creek Parkway and Epcot Center Drive.

@yulilin3 Thank you for the great info. We had an amazing time at EPCOT NYE, and I believe it was because I was so well prepared thanks to you!!

We had the best time at Epcot for NYE! I have been wanting to attend for years but was always weary of the crowds and leaving at the end of the night. On January 1, 2016 I sat on the couch with DH showing him videos from Epcot the night before and I said "next year, we're going"...and we did!

We are huge BC fans and I made sure to book our stay there for ease of returning "home" after the festivities. We planned our Epcot park day for the 30th so we could thoroughly enjoy the park and rides. The 31st we took it easy, ate a late breakfast at the resort and then walked around Disney Springs for a while. We went back to the resort, napped, showered, and headed to dinner at Cape May Cafe at 6:45pm. I originally had an ADR for San Angel Inn but decided (after lots of reading on the boards) that dinner at the resort would be a better idea for us rather than fighting through the crowds. We headed into Epcot at around 8:15pm with absolutely no line at International Gateway.

All I can say is...WOW! It was everything I expected and so much more. Was it busy? Yes! But completely organized! The streets were taped off with arrows and cast members were directing "traffic" all night to avoid chaos and people walking into each other. The vibe was incredible, so much fun but tons of families enjoying together. We loved every moment of it! Italy was amazing and although we checked out every stage, we spent the majority of our time there. Like previous posters stated, the lines for drinks and restrooms were insane! I was glad we planned it like we did and only came for the night time festivities, I think had we have been there all day tired and fighting the crowds it may not have been as enjoyable. We lucked out and found a little store in Italy that was selling beer and were able to get drinks with zero line :worship: We held out for restrooms until we got back to the room, there was no way I was waiting in those lines.

The fireworks were incredible! It was just a magical experience and Disney definitely does everything better!! We left once the music stopped at 1am and walked leisurely back to our room at the BC. I didn't check the time but I would say we were back to our room by 1:30am the latest.

We will definitely be back next year, this was hands down the best NYE I have ever had & DH agrees. He can't stop saying how awesome it was :)

Thank you all for your posts and past experiences as they helped us plan such a great evening!

I would have to agree!! We were in Epcot too and it was amazing! It was our arrival day, and I was nervous but everything went extremely well! We landed at MCO at 1, we were on our ME bus by 1:45, at Pop by 2:30, our rooms were ready so we hung out for 45 min or so and we were at Epcot by 3:45. Long lines for security but they were well staffed and moved quickly. We had FP+ For spaceship earth, soarin, and mission space. We didn't even consider any other rides. Had dinner @ 8 @ Biergarten and then walked world showcase. Italy was insane, but our family favorite was the silent do dance party in Japan!
We stayed till the fireworks and then left because we were all exhausted. We waited about 20 min for a bus back to Pop, the ride back was slow (30-40 min) but in all the night went off without a single hitch and we had an amazing time!!
Thanks yulilin & everyone!

So like we could do NYE pairings?

Okay ... Horchata Margarita [Spiked Chai Latte]

with food from Les Halles ...
... Brie aux Pommes - Brie, Apples and Cranberries in Multi Grain Bread
OR
... Palmier - Cinnamon and Chocolate Elephant Ears

We have purposely not booked any meals, I want to finally just nibble (and sip) all day long.

Maybe I should be studying nibbles and sips for the party.

party:

I know your post is old.....but I had to share......NO MORE BRIE AUX POMMES!!!!! :sad:. It was a tradition for us to have one and a tartine et fromage

I know your post is old.....but I had to share......NO MORE BRIE AUX POMMES!!!!! :sad:. It was a tradition for us to have one and a tartine et fromage

Well ............. given the lines ........ you'd be done with food by time you got your drink.

Sorry your tradition got busted. It was our first NYE so we had no tradition to uphold.

I'm so glad, sucks we couldn't meet this time around

We will be back in late July and again for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. DS and I will be at Universal over Memorial Day weekend for his elementary school graduation present. Hopefully, we can meet up.

Anymore reviews of NYE in EPCOT? Going this year (Dec 2017) so very interested in what this year was like

Absolutely fantastic time. We're headed back next year now too. Got there at around 7:30 AM, long security line, but in line for turnstiles before 8:00. Got through turnstiles around 8:10 or so, headed straight to Norway. In line there around 30 minutes. Headed to Soarin. They said it was an 80 minute wait, but we waited around 40 at that point. Then we just took our time the rest of the day for things that didn't have lines, plus the 3 Fastpasses we had. We did the Pixar films, which we had never done, Ellen, sat and people watched, Turtle Talk with Fastpass, and then late lunch/early dinner at Coral Reef at 2:45. Fastpass for Test Track. Walked around World Showcase. Saw first showing of Illuminations in Germany. Continued walking around World Showcase. Caught countdown to midnight at 7:00 PM in England. Fastpass for Spaceship Earth. Back to Worldshowcase for a little, then the DJ at the Fountain for rest of the night and fireworks. My boys absolutely loved it (they are 21 and 17 years old). Only bad part was leaving the park of course. Sat in parking lot until 3:00 AM. I knew that going in, but must not have conveyed that completely to my husband. He was quite upset. Told him next year we would stay at the Dolphin so we wouldn't have to do that. Any questions, please ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter