Epcot's 40th anniversary!

Not exactly sure where it's from, but saw a couple people tweet this picture a couple days ago:
424140d0c7bb11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

I get to Disney on Sept 26th and we head to Epcot that evening for dinner at the Coral Reef, but I have a feeling my first stop is going to be the gift shop closest to the entrance, lol.

If it's TWICE as exciting as the 40th anniversary festivities at MK, you'll probably fall asleep.

Epcot did have a pretty nice ceremony and some special events for their 25th anniversary, but I really wouldn't expect a lot for the 30th.

But they actually only did that after some fans got organized and started a fan event.

they don't want to remind people "our park is old" and don't seem to be doing much.

The "big event" will be you get the opportunity to stand in line to spend money (something I don't get... I don't stand in long lines to buy overpriced poorly made stuff but to each thier own LOL!)

I am doing the D23 event but only because I was already there for the Tower of Terror run.

We happened to be at Epcot for the 25th and got some pretty cool limited edition t-shirts. I hope they do that again since we will be at Epcot again for the 30th.

Not exactly sure where it's from, but saw a couple people tweet this picture a couple days ago:
424140d0c7bb11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

I get to Disney on Sept 26th and we head to Epcot that evening for dinner at the Coral Reef, but I have a feeling my first stop is going to be the gift shop closest to the entrance, lol.

Wow! Do you remember who tweeted it? Would love to follow them! Love the "old" logos on some of the merchandise.

Wow! Do you remember who tweeted it? Would love to follow them! Love the "old" logos on some of the merchandise.

I went back and looked and it appears to have originated with a guy named John Henselmeier. It looks like he works on Disney merchandise. He also posted this pic and called it his "pride and joy":
139f0d8cc7bd11e1a94522000a1e8aaf_7.jpg

I went back and looked and it appears to have originated with a guy named John Henselmeier. It looks like he works on Disney merchandise. He also posted this pic and called it his "pride and joy":
139f0d8cc7bd11e1a94522000a1e8aaf_7.jpg

Wooh!! Wonders of Life!!
Thanks so much for the information!!!

Somebody else on Twitter put up that pic side-by-side with a pic of the Body Wars pin that was released in 1999 and noted the sad irony of how the vehicle in the '99 pin has passengers inside, while this '12 pin appears empty.
$%28KGrHqR,!i!E7DgefMtZBO+kE5n8mw~~60_35.JPG

Okay - I'll just say this... I've learned a LOT on this thread...

and

I LOVED Body Wars !

((HUGS))

Mary

They've released pics of some more Epcot 30th anniversary merchandise that we haven't seen yet:

An Update About Merchandise for the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

Yeah, I'm starting to think I may have to take out a small bank loan before this trip...

Also, I'm very eager to hear how/when they're going to be releasing this stuff. I'll be at Epcot for the anniversary on the 1st, but will also be at Epcot on the evening of the 26th for dinner at the Coral Reef, and I'm already having heart palpitations that I'm gonna miss out on some of this stuff, lol :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter