• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
Is there enough at Epcot to keep young children busy for a full day? We have dinner reservations at Garden Grill at 5 pm so we were just planning on making a day of Epcot. But not if the kids will be bored by 2 pm and ready to leave. They will be 6 and 5 on the trip.
Would it be easy enough to hop from magic Kingdom over to Epcot if we split the day I'm half?

To answer your second question, hopping between MK and Epcot is painless. Just take the monorail to the TTC, then transfer to the Epcot line.

You will get answers on here from people whose kids hate Epcot, kids who love it, and in between. Personally, I think it's a shame when people assume their kids won't like it and don't give it a try. Some attractions your kids can do (and might even enjoy!) include:

-Soarin'
-Test Track (depending on height)
-Spaceship Earth
-Living with the Land
-Journey into Imagination
-The Seas with Nemo and Friends
-Turtle Talk with Crush
-Innoventions
-Gran Fiesta Tour
-Maelstrom
-The American Adventure
-Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
-Lots of "streetmosphere" entertainment in WS
-Many character M&Gs including the Fab Five and several Princesses

I absolutely recommend spending your day at Epcot. But, if you decide otherwise, it is easy to hop from MK as mentioned. DHS is another park that's easy to get to from MK, as it is connected by boat.

Yah, it really depends on your kids. You have to consider Epcot as a 'take it easy' day. If you have a dining plan, book a couple of character dining meals. Take in some of the many shows. Get a snack from each country (or beer). There is a lot there for kids.

Also, there are some great character meets.

As a PP mentioned, there's plenty to do, and it all depends on your kids. You should give it a try, that's the only way you can know if they'll like it. There really is some great rides in Epcot that is enjoyable for both kids and adults. I can't miss rides like Nemo, Turtle Talk or Journey into Imagination myself :goodvibes

When our kids were younger, they always had a great time. Now they are 18 and 13 and they could spend a couple days there wandering around. Now they have an AMAZING time.

I would stay in Epcot, especially if you have reservations at 5.
There is so much to do!
If you have 5 and 6 year olds they will probably love the Kidcot coloring stations in Worldshowcase. They can get a stamp in each country.

There are Kidcot stations at many (Most?) of the countries of World Showcase. They involve a small craft-- coloring or glueing -- that could occupy kids forever.

And there's so much to do otherwise. The Living Seas is gorgeous, and Innovations has lots to keep your kids occupied.

Plan to spend the day at Epcot.

Aliceacc said:
There are Kidcot stations at many (Most?) of the countries of World Showcase. They involve a small craft-- coloring or glueing -- that could occupy kids forever.

And there's so much to do otherwise. The Living Seas is gorgeous, and Innovations has lots to keep your kids occupied.

Plan to spend the day at Epcot.

All 11 countries represented at Epcot have Kidcot.

My DD7 and DD8 are big Phineas and Ferb fans and they are looking forward to Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. Also, there are passports that can bought at Epcot that can be taken to each country. A CM will sign the child's name or a greeting in their country's language.

My kids loved Epcot from the time they were very young all the way on up to the teenagers they are now. In fact we always start our trips in Epcot, not the MK like so many do. They've made countless masks at the kidcot spots (and did the coloring pages before the masks came out), have filled the passports, love trying different food from around the world, and now enjoy the movies in some of the countries. We love FW too, but spend the bulk of our time in WS.

Got to agree with the PP's - there is lots for kids to do at Epcot. :thumbsup2

Its a great opportunity for the kids to learn things about foreign countries without realizing they are learning. Be sure to spend some time talking to the people working there about what things are like in their country.

As far as P&F goes, its a fun game but use it only as a distraction when the kids get antsy.

I wonder if Turkey is represented? That's where we live now, it would be awesome for our kids to have a discussion with that countries representatives about their own experience!

I think we will end up doing a whole day. I need to research Epcot a little more but it sounds like my kids will have a blast. They love all things nature and anything to do with animals or the ocean will keep them occupied for DAYS... Lol

Thanks for the replies!

TeamH5 said:
I wonder if Turkey is represented? That's where we live now, it would be awesome for our kids to have a discussion with that countries representatives about their own experience!

I think we will end up doing a whole day. I need to research Epcot a little more but it sounds like my kids will have a blast. They love all things nature and anything to do with animals or the ocean will keep them occupied for DAYS... Lol

Thanks for the replies!

No Turkey, sorry.

TeamH5 said:

Thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately Turkey is not. They will love it anyway!

Mine are 5 & 7 and they are completely bored at Epcot after TT, Soarin & Nemo. We usually do SE just so the youngest can get a quick nap...he always falls asleep on it :rotfl:

Our girls were 5 and 7 and enjoyed it. Depends on what your kids are looking for. Mine loved playing the games after Spaceship Earth and playing in the innoventions buildings. The Seas pavillion was also a lot of fun. Also the acrobats in China were a big hit them. I don't think it would be too tough to spend the day until your ressie there.

My DD(7) was 6 on our last trip and Epcot is a 2 full day park for us. She loves it and has since she was 2. If your 6 year olds like Phineas and Ferb, they could probably spend almost a full day in World Showcase just doing the Perry missions. Those were a huge hit on our trip a couple of months ago. At age 3 and 4, she loved going from country to country to the Kidcot stations- the can get a stamp from each county on a coloring cut-out of Duffy or Perry on a stick, or you can get a passport for the stamps to go in. There are entertainment acts and lots of characters (many Princesses) throughout World Showcase. There are Nemo, the Aquariums, Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land, Soarin (if the 4 year old is tall enough- DD was at that age), Test Track (again if tall enough), Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination, Club Cool (if you don't mind them getting sugared up tasting free sodas from different countries), the boat ride in Mexico, Malestrom, and more!

The kids will love Journey into Imagination. Im 19 and i still love the ride. The song they play will get stuck in there heads so beware. Its a catchy tune too.

Epcot is our favorite park and we like to spend 1.5 to 2 days at Epcot. I just asked my 8 year old yesterday to name the top 3 things she wants to do at WDW in May and she said:

(1) Epcot
(2) swim
(3) Eat in Mexico

There you have it! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter